Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #106  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Ugh, sorry for all the grammar mistakes in the above post. Fingers were not moving as fast as I was thinking It should read:

"Also, no more negative thinking. This can literally weigh you down too!"

No worries...thanks for the encouragement....looking forward to going 100% IP and seeing how that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Hey darbs! Glad you are back.
I continue to hover a bit above my range. Now that thanksgiving is done I expect we will Have a good phase 1 week.

Consider trying some new things! The potato rolls are delicious. And I am suddenly addicted to crispy cerel!

Most months I get little to no Tom. Maybe it's age....
I don't get TOM ever on my own (I have to take the birth control to get it...or puts me at high risk for osteoprosis)....but then on this pill I can't stop it.

Starting new pill tomorrow and IP products (except breakfast...I will use shakes I have)...I have 20 pounds to lose so....I should see that scale dropping (15 plus the extra 5)
Old 10-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi -

I'm back. I need to lose about 18 lbs. I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder 5 weeks ago. The first time I did IP was 1 1/2 year ago after I had surgery on my left rotator cuff. It was helpful because I had cleared my schedule of all social obligations and hibernated for the first six weeks. This time, about a week after my surgery my mother came down with pneumonia and had to be moved to the nursing care section in the retirement community my parents live in. They both have Alzheimers to a certain extent. My dad can't remember where she is, can't seem to find her room on his own, yada,yada. I won't bore you with all the details but I have had to be there a lot and it has been very stressful. DM is doing a lot better. My shoulder seems more sore for a longer period of time than I remember from last time. I know it is not an ideal time to get back on plan but I really have to. Lately, I've come to enjoy a glass of wine (or two!) every evening with my DH. Between the empty nest and crazy, unhappy parents, I really just want to escape reality now. Sigh. I know seeing the needle on the scale go down will perk me up. I just have to bite the bullet for a couple of days and do it! I never thought giving up the glass of wine would be hard for me. Oops. I probably wasn't supposed to mention that on this site. Sorry. I won't do it again. I came back here to have my *ss kicked - again! Hope you are all doing well!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Darbs it is good to see you back! Sorry to hear of your troubles with BC. I've tried about 4 different things over the past year and they all seem to come with different sorts of troubles. I've read that depo has particularly negative impact on weight and seasonale seems fairly comparable to it in the fact that menses only comes 4 times a year. Hopefully with the new BC your hormones will even out and you'll be able to lose more steadily. If you're focused and willing to do the work- you deserve the rewards! Have to agree with Jenny that I think you made a great decision in returning to IP products... it really does seem to make a difference.
Mom2cs- What did you put in your chili?? In lieu of beans etc? I'd like to try this with the leftovers...
Deelee- sounds like life is pretty hectic for you... but sometimes phase 1 has a way of simplifying at least one area of life... What to eat... cause it's fairly limited and almost always convenient. The wine will surely be waiting when maintenance rolls around again
Had a very Happy Thanksgiving. Went to the local deli to get a fresh turkey and ended up buying most of my sides there. Just cooked the turkey and roasted the cauliflower everything else was good to go. It was so much less stressful and made for a lot more time to visit. The healthy pumpkin pie didn't meet with nearly the disgust I thought it would (thankfully).
Old 10-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
Hi -

I'm back. I need to lose about 18 lbs. I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder 5 weeks ago. The first time I did IP was 1 1/2 year ago after I had surgery on my left rotator cuff. It was helpful because I had cleared my schedule of all social obligations and hibernated for the first six weeks. This time, about a week after my surgery my mother came down with pneumonia and had to be moved to the nursing care section in the retirement community my parents live in. They both have Alzheimers to a certain extent. My dad can't remember where she is, can't seem to find her room on his own, yada,yada. I won't bore you with all the details but I have had to be there a lot and it has been very stressful. DM is doing a lot better. My shoulder seems more sore for a longer period of time than I remember from last time. I know it is not an ideal time to get back on plan but I really have to. Lately, I've come to enjoy a glass of wine (or two!) every evening with my DH. Between the empty nest and crazy, unhappy parents, I really just want to escape reality now. Sigh. I know seeing the needle on the scale go down will perk me up. I just have to bite the bullet for a couple of days and do it! I never thought giving up the glass of wine would be hard for me. Oops. I probably wasn't supposed to mention that on this site. Sorry. I won't do it again. I came back here to have my *ss kicked - again! Hope you are all doing well!
I am with you...I am going 100% with IP products and going to my clinic....starting today. I have about 18 to lose too....(10 gained this summer...another 3-4 back to goal weight and then extra for my carb gain that I always get in phase 3/4) Good to have someone to do this with. Sorry for your worries. I hear ya with the empty nest thing...taking its toll on me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Darbs it is good to see you back! Sorry to hear of your troubles with BC. I've tried about 4 different things over the past year and they all seem to come with different sorts of troubles. I've read that depo has particularly negative impact on weight and seasonale seems fairly comparable to it in the fact that menses only comes 4 times a year. Hopefully with the new BC your hormones will even out and you'll be able to lose more steadily. If you're focused and willing to do the work- you deserve the rewards! Have to agree with Jenny that I think you made a great decision in returning to IP products... it really does seem to make a difference.
Mom2cs- What did you put in your chili?? In lieu of beans etc? I'd like to try this with the leftovers...
Deelee- sounds like life is pretty hectic for you... but sometimes phase 1 has a way of simplifying at least one area of life... What to eat... cause it's fairly limited and almost always convenient. The wine will surely be waiting when maintenance rolls around again
Had a very Happy Thanksgiving. Went to the local deli to get a fresh turkey and ended up buying most of my sides there. Just cooked the turkey and roasted the cauliflower everything else was good to go. It was so much less stressful and made for a lot more time to visit. The healthy pumpkin pie didn't meet with nearly the disgust I thought it would (thankfully).
Kind of excited about starting on IP foods today...hope it works. Going back to my old BC too.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #110  

Quote:
Hey darbs! Glad you are back.
I continue to hover a bit above my range. Now that thanksgiving is done I expect we will Have a good phase 1 week.

Consider trying some new things! The potato rolls are delicious. And I am suddenly addicted to crispy cerel!

Most months I get little to no Tom. Maybe it's age....
How do you make the rolls? Do you use the potato puree packet?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Yes
The recipe is on Finn Stevens link. They turn out great.

For the chili I added lots of veggies-celery, tomato, Zuchinni, onion

My dh doesn't like beans anyway, so he was happy they were not there!

My grand plans for October have deteriorated. But now that the holiday is done I am re committing to a stricter October! I feel like a broken record...
Old 10-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #112  

Quote:
Yes
The recipe is on Finn Stevens link. They turn out great.

For the chili I added lots of veggies-celery, tomato, Zuchinni, onion

My dh doesn't like beans anyway, so he was happy they were not there!

My grand plans for October have deteriorated. But now that the holiday is done I am re committing to a stricter October! I feel like a broken record...
What is Finn Stevens link...is this a website or something?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
What is Finn Stevens link...is this a website or something?
Found his link....wow great recipes...got the potato roll recipe.....

I am going 100%...bought all the supplements (spent 190 bucks). Using the meal journal from my coach. Going to give it 2 weeks and see what happens. I will be updating daily.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Darbs, so proud of you for not giving in and giving up! I think you made a very wise decision going back on IP and using their journal. I have a sneaking suspicion that you are going to succeed and see some nice losses.

I am still plugging away. I have been on my reboot for 16 days and 15 have been 100%. On Saturday I ended up having a P2 day. Hopefully it won't affect my losses, we'll see on Saturday. I do feel smaller all around and I am wearing a skirt that feels back to normal, so that is a positive sign. I am committed to at least 2 more weeks of P1, just purchased more IP food
Old 10-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Well I'm back P1 today (alternatives). So far so good but heck it's only lunchtime
I found myself migrating to certain clothes as others were getting too tight - true sign that I've put weight on. I have 12-15 to lose and hope it won't take too long. I really need to force myself to complete all the phases this time as I skipped some the first time around. Happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #116  

Jenny.....I feel great going 100% IP...I haven't done that in well over a year....hoping to see some good losses. I am willing to give phase 1 until the end of November/beginning of December...need to be in maintenance by Christmas (going to Austin & then Las Vegas for New Year's Eve)
Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #117  

Does anyone track using myfitnesspal?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #118  

Quote:
Does anyone track using myfitnesspal?
I do faithfully...when I am on or off plan
Old 10-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #119  

My goal this week will be to track every day. I do we'll during the week, but fall off the tracking wagon on the weekend.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I track the old fashioned way- with a hand written journal. I record my food, exercise and weight. It helps me see trends and is great for when I want to go back to previous years and see what I did. It has been especially helpful because I have been looking at last years journal and seeing what I did in P1 when I had very successful weeks.
Closed Thread