Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
So... Although I myself continue to struggle with the scale, it goes to show that although at 150 I am high on the bmi scale, I am muscular enough that you can't see it in "real life".
Anne
You do look fantastic, and tall!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
MelissaM39- how did your WI go?
You are kicking a__! Jenny! Wat to go- I wish I could get there- you are inspiring me
Old 10-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 165/137.2/140

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
MelissaM39- how did your WI go?
Down another 2 lbs!

Jenny awesome WI!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Thanks! The true test will be this week. Hopefully this reboot will treat me right and I won't have issues with the scale We shall see.

I did very well over the weekend, so I am happy about that. I probably had a little more sodium because we ate out, but that should be flushed out in no time. But all in all, I stayed on track and had no extra bites of anything.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I feel like I am forever starting again. Sigh.
Welcome October! A fresh month with a new start! I am going to embrace phase 1/2 with my dh for the month and see where I end up!
I have 4 goal
Track my food every day
Exercise for at least 5 hours a week
Limit alcohol to 1 glass of wine a week
Book myself a massage once a week if I stick to my goals.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #66  

Quote:
Track my food every day
This is such a huge factor for me. I MUST track my food or I get so easily thrown off track, whether it is in P1 or maintenance. I always have to keep track.

Today was kind of a weird day for me. I wasn't 100% OP, but I don't think I blew it either. We had a huge company launch party today which included a bbq lunch. It was an all day event (outdoors), so bringing food wasn't really an option. They did have salad, so I ate that along with a piece of chicken and a couple of ribs. There was bbq sauce on both, but not too much- not like it was drowning in it. Then they ran out of water so I drank 1/2 cup of lemonade, because it was either that or soda and I don't drink soda. So, I was kind of off plan, but I don't think I kicked myself out of ketosis.

Tomorrow is another day and I have no doubt that it will be a 100% OP day.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Welllll.... here I am... definitely doing more than a reboot. This is a Phase 1 restart more than anything. 22 above goal and 27 over where I really liked being. I am hoping that this will be an 8-10 week tour. Sad that I let it get this far but accepting of the fact I can't do much but suck it up, turn around and start back to where I need to be. I have done 3 weeks of Phase 1, 3 separate times since May. First time I hit goal, second time 2 above and third time a few above. So here I am 10 higher than I was on any of those times (and sadly the last run was throughout August so it's really only been a month). I am convinced I need to make it through the third week and keep on going. I look about 5 months pregnant right now. It all went to my waist. And my chest stayed the same size. sigh. I am continuing my exercise program and doing traditional phase 1... going to take a walk in your shoes Jenny & mom And clamp right down when I get to goal. Hope it's okay that I post here...
Old 10-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #68  

Cap- of course you can post here! This is what this thread is about! I am on full blown reboot, like I am doing it for the first time again. I even broke down and bought IP products. I have done P1 days during maintenance with alternatives, but really, I think there is something about IP products. For whatever reason, I feel like they work the best for me.

And I figured if I shelled out the cash for IP, I would feel more obligated to stick to the plan. When you are paying $4 a packet, it is pretty motivating to not throw it all out the window.

I am on Day 9, and today should be a perfect 100% day. I can definitely see that the bloat is gone and my body is shrinking. I do look smaller all around. I will check my measurements again on Saturday when I check the scale.

Cap- I would recommend taking your measurements because it sounds like a few people have gotten stuck during their reboot, and even if the scale doesn't move, it will help if the inches do. I don't know if I am one of the "stuck" ones yet as I have only had one weigh in.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #69  

Hey cap! Don't let the scale be your gauge or you coukd be like darbs and I- frustrated. Definitely measure. Give the scale time to keep up. Maybe it will like you more than it likes me!

I'm here for October. I am close to my goal range, but my smallest pants are still tight. Dh insists he will stick to it for the month....
Old 10-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #70  

Quote:
This is such a huge factor for me. I MUST track my food or I get so easily thrown off track, whether it is in P1 or maintenance. I always have to keep track.

Today was kind of a weird day for me. I wasn't 100% OP, but I don't think I blew it either. We had a huge company launch party today which included a bbq lunch. It was an all day event (outdoors), so bringing food wasn't really an option. They did have salad, so I ate that along with a piece of chicken and a couple of ribs. There was bbq sauce on both, but not too much- not like it was drowning in it. Then they ran out of water so I drank 1/2 cup of lemonade, because it was either that or soda and I don't drink soda. So, I was kind of off plan, but I don't think I kicked myself out of ketosis.

Tomorrow is another day and I have no doubt that it will be a 100% OP day.

Jenny, I wouldn't worry too much about this, in my experience once I'm in ketosis it takes a lot of carbs to kick me out.

I'm getting a bit anxious about this weekend, it's the Canadian Thanksgiving and there will be lots of good food and alcohol! I'm going to do my best to stay 100% OP, but I seriuously doubt I'll be able to do it!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #71  

Quote:
I'm here for October. I am close to my goal range, but my smallest pants are still tight. Dh insists he will stick to it for the month....
I may stay for the month of October too, ideally I'd like to be at 135 or lower.

P.S. Mom, your pic is fantastic!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #72  

Yup. Thanksgiving will be a challenge. I would prefer to skip it altogether, but I am being pressured to host a dinner. I'm thinking

Turkey, mashed cauliflower "potatoes", roasted rutabaga, asparagus.

Someone else can bring dessert. I never eat it anyway. I've sworn off booze for October...well, mostly, so pelligrino it will be!

My issue is the snacky stuff...chips and salsa, etc. must avoid!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaM39 View Post
Jenny, I wouldn't worry too much about this, in my experience once I'm in ketosis it takes a lot of carbs to kick me out.
Thanks! I have noticed this as well. I really have to blow it on carbs to get kicked out. But that was when I was really deep in it, and since I have only been in for about a week now, I was a tinge nervous. But I know I am still in ketosis, so no worries! Just have to flush out the extra sodium that comes with not eating foods you prepare
Old 10-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #74  

I am having a very hungry evening. I had a good dinner, but now am still hungry.

I am going to bed with the kids at 9!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Well posted this a bit in the maintenance thread as well...
Went to the clinic today and their scale has me 8 pounds lighter than when I weighed at home 3 days ago. Think this can mostly be attributed to the fact that when I weighed at home I'd had a whole lot of sodium & carbs the day before and TOM finally made an appearance later that day. Whatever it is I'll take it! This is my Day 3 of true blue Phase 1. I have gone to step both yesterday and today and am feeling great. Made sure to have a packet just before and just after and so far so good. Very, very happy that it is working out as I really didn't want to give up exercising in the name of Phase 1 again. It helps that my new coach is also an exerciser and fully encouraged me to do true blue Phase 1 and still keep up my exercise regime.
Hosted a dinner party for my 7 year old tonight. Made a pot roast which I had as my protein and made a sautéed spinach & pepper salad for my veggies and left the carrots and potatoes for everyone else. When we rolled out the ice cream cake it wasn't even appealing- which I definitely take as a positive sign.
Closed Thread