Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Jenny - my fingers are crossed for you for WI in tomorrow... maybe you'll pull a Darbs and drop, drop, drop over the past three days!

Darbs- once again many congrats on the scale finally treating you as it should! You do absolutely deserve it... and it is such a great feeling when your clothes fit as they should...

I'm 32 live just South of Mom2cs by about 4 hours just outside of Edmonton, Alberta. I have 3 kids dd 7, dd 3, ds 2. I was pregnant 4 times in 5 years as I miscarried one at 4 months in between my first & second. It took me from 145ish to 200 give or take a couple pounds. I attended university as well as college (didn't really know what I wanted to do) and ended up in Hotel & Restaurant Management. My husband is a business owner and I have been (lucky?) enough to stay home with my kids. I'm done with baby making though... more than ready to move into the next stage.

It's interesting that we all fit into the characteristics of the National Weight Control Registries list for successful maintainers... they stated the majority are:
Women
Married
Educated
Old 10-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
We should have a meet in greet in Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!

I am limited as a teacher, but we have April break and of course summer. I am going for New Year's weekend.

HOw fun.

Where is everyone located?

I am in Upstate New York (north of Albany)
Jenny where are you in FL? I will be in Tampa on February 16th (if that is a Saturday), cruise leaves on Sunday
I am also just out of Edmonton like Cap. I would love to meet up in Vegas! I also am tied to a school schedule but have a few days in lieu due to 'summer service" so have some flexibility.

Last edited by patns; 10-13-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:29 AM   #153  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

hey everyone!

I am HAPPY to see that the scale has been moving for everyone!!! WAY TO GO!!

Sorry I haven't been around... I have been super busy with trying to get organized for when I'm gone. I leave in 4 days to the city for my surgery. I'm really nervous but more excited then anything. Waiting it the hardest.

I will be gone for 2 weeks so trying to get all the affairs together for a house with 3 small kids is exhausting. I am going to miss them terribly.

Darbs - you have convinced me that when I get back that I will (for the first time ever) use only IP products when I re-start... again. Congrats on the scale going down for you!!

Wish me well, ladies... I'll try to post after my surgery to say ''I'm alive!"

Old 10-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Good luck with the surgury! Take all drugs offered!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #155  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
hey everyone!

I am HAPPY to see that the scale has been moving for everyone!!! WAY TO GO!!

Sorry I haven't been around... I have been super busy with trying to get organized for when I'm gone. I leave in 4 days to the city for my surgery. I'm really nervous but more excited then anything. Waiting it the hardest.

I will be gone for 2 weeks so trying to get all the affairs together for a house with 3 small kids is exhausting. I am going to miss them terribly.

Darbs - you have convinced me that when I get back that I will (for the first time ever) use only IP products when I re-start... again. Congrats on the scale going down for you!!

Wish me well, ladies... I'll try to post after my surgery to say ''I'm alive!"

Good luck...you will be so thrilled that you did it
Old 10-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Good morning all! Well, the scale did move for me, thank goodness. I officially weighed in at 135.4, so as far as I am concerned, I am back at goal. Phew! I am very thankful that the scale moved at all since it seemed to be in a stall mode earlier this week. I will take that 0.8 loss!

I am invested in 3 more weeks of reboot since I have purchased that much IP food. I would like to lose at least 3# in that time to create a little deficiet and I don't ever want to see the scale go over 135 and me be ok with it. Once I am back phased out, I am going to be a lot more diligent with P1 days. I am going to keep IP products on hand for those days. No more 1/2 a$$ed P1 days. I say all this as we approach the holiday season

I know because of some trips we have planned, that there will be some P1 weeks in my near future, but that is ok. I know this going in.

This weekend is going to be a bit challenging for me (isn't every weekend?). I am giving myself another rest day for my leg. It is feeling so much better today and I really don't want to miss my run tomorrow, so I would like to give it one more day. Plus we are going to a football game tomorrow (NFL) and staying OP is quite challenging when you are tailgating.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Jenny- Glad your reboot is going smoothly!!!
good luck Jenny with the tailgating. I think I will eat before I go to Bucs/Saints game next week. Chew some gum while you are there! I hate how expensive water is at stadiums!

Mom3Love- Good luck with surgery, we will be thinking about you!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #158  

Great job Jenny!

We will be watching all the nfl games on our 3 tvs. Our house could be a sports bar! I think I will try the ip chili for lunch for a change tomorrow!

I was the dd last night, which is one easy way to stay op! Amazing how annoying all my drinking friends can be...lol

Off to have a sake and then to spin! Snow and ice outside
Old 10-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Great job Jenny!

We will be watching all the nfl games on our 3 tvs. Our house could be a sports bar! I think I will try the ip chili for lunch for a change tomorrow!

I was the dd last night, which is one easy way to stay op! Amazing how annoying all my drinking friends can be...lol

Off to have a sake and then to spin! Snow and ice outside
Oh no! Snow and ice, Tell it to stay north!

I am going to have to seriously go back to phase 1 too today. I just have not been able to get the 5 pounds off that I gained instantly when I started phase 4. I have been hesitating to do back to full phase 1 because I think I will regain the 5 pounds again as soon as I phase off.

My source of carbs is fruit as I can't do grains, But I really have a hard time controlling my intake of fruit. A problem with trying to lose that gain is really more about what I am not getting in. I have been so busy since school started I have not been getting in the veggies like i should. So on today's agenda is to make a huge salad so I can take some with me for lunch everyday. I love to eat salads but hate to make them!

I have found that it really doesn't matter for me if I use IP products or alternatives. I do order some thisngs from plainprotein because the recipes work best with real IP products but the weight loss is the same either way.
It just takes too much time for me to get to a clinic and to arrange my schedule to their hours so will continue with alternatives.

I am 5'1"nd 135 now but my body fat is still very high. I do need the exercise component but time for that is impossible too. After I moved way out of the city several years ago my job changed and I have to drive to different areas in the city so can spend 3 hours in a day just commuting.

Anyway just rambling, I need to get my head aroud phase 1 again and just hope it doesn't involve several days of migraines again.

I know we will all be glad we did this now when the holiday season rolls around again.
Pat
Old 10-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #160  
it's my time to shine!

THANK YOU, ladies!

I have a head cold developing... worst. timing. ever. I'm going to phone my surgeon's office and see what I can take as there is a list a mile long of stuff I'm not allowed. Prayers that it passes fast and doesn't go to my chest!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #161  

Ask if you can use oil of oregano. You get it at health food stores and put drops in water. Very strong, extremely effective!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #162  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Ask if you can use oil of oregano. You get it at health food stores and put drops in water. Very strong, extremely effective!

Thanks! I love that stuff but my surgeon's office is closed today and tomorrow and my paper work says no vitamins/herbs (among other things) so I don't want to chance it until I speak to them just to be safe.

It's International Fitness Day and my town hosted a 2 hour event... I made myself go and I feel a bit better now. LOVE exercise for so many reasons!

I'm hoping this is the worst of it. If I develop a fever or chest cough, they will not proceed with the surgery.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Oh no! Snow and ice, Tell it to stay north!

I am going to have to seriously go back to phase 1 too today. I just have not been able to get the 5 pounds off that I gained instantly when I started phase 4. I have been hesitating to do back to full phase 1 because I think I will regain the 5 pounds again as soon as I phase off.

My source of carbs is fruit as I can't do grains, But I really have a hard time controlling my intake of fruit. A problem with trying to lose that gain is really more about what I am not getting in. I have been so busy since school started I have not been getting in the veggies like i should. So on today's agenda is to make a huge salad so I can take some with me for lunch everyday. I love to eat salads but hate to make them!

I have found that it really doesn't matter for me if I use IP products or alternatives. I do order some thisngs from plainprotein because the recipes work best with real IP products but the weight loss is the same either way.
It just takes too much time for me to get to a clinic and to arrange my schedule to their hours so will continue with alternatives.

I am 5'1"nd 135 now but my body fat is still very high. I do need the exercise component but time for that is impossible too. After I moved way out of the city several years ago my job changed and I have to drive to different areas in the city so can spend 3 hours in a day just commuting.

Anyway just rambling, I need to get my head aroud phase 1 again and just hope it doesn't involve several days of migraines again.

I know we will all be glad we did this now when the holiday season rolls around again.
Pat
Hi there, Patns!!!
I just stumbled across this blog! I just love it! I have missed you and several others that I recognize on here! I am doing well, though I am 1 week away from Phase 3. I was searching for information on P3 and maintenance. I have slimmed down to a size 4/6. The weight losses have become very slow...but, who cares, I do feel great! I am down to 29% fat and have upped my muscle mass quite a bit in the last month or so. Again, weight loss slowing, but body very obviously shrinking. My question to you and all others..how do YOU decide what your goal weight should be? I had planned on getting down to 134 then losing an additional 3 to use as a buffer....never getting above 135. What will happen if I start P3 without my buffer? Thanks everyone! Also....I am envious of the surgery stories!!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #164  

Hi Julie! I was reading about how great you re doing on the FB page. It is so exciting to get so close to goal.

Someone had asked me about goal weight on another thread so I will copy and paste here what I wrote there.
I would like to stay at 130 or a bit under. But I was not able to get below 130 after I stayed the same for months on phase 1. So now I am going between 130 and 135 and need to buckle down again for a while.
I am interested in healthy range of fat % which I just read for my age is between 24 and 36%.I am still above that but not as much as I feared. So I want to get within that range as measured on my new Omron scale.

Here is what I posted on the other thread, the over 50 one.
My goal weight is still a puzzle to me. My doctor wants me to be at the top end of the healthy weight range. He says research shows that people in that range live the longest. He also says as we get older in order to have a little ""heft"" in case a health issue comes up and you lose weight with it.
So at 130 I am just in the healthy range. I did manage to get down to that at the end of March. I wanted to get down to 125 to give me leeway to have a bit of a break on holidays and vacations etc. But on phase 1 from end of March till end of May I could not budge of as much as another ounce.
So I phased off over June.
Then I had my first 'fun''meals beginning of July and the five pounds they say will come back did immediately.
I have been up and down between 133 and 135 all summer. I still would like to be consistently below 130 so all my size 8 pants would fit and i would be in the healthy weight range.
All of my statistics on my omron scale look pretty good including belly fat but my overall fat % is still is high.
I am really bad about exercise and need to get into resistance exercise. But with my hectic work schedule and very long commute it just isn't going to happen until I can retire.

I am 65 and have been overweight all my life. I really have to totally watch every carb I eat. Also the omron scale tells me to maintain I need 1200 calories a day.So between the lower calories and carbs my day to day eating will always have to be very close to how I ate in phase 1, which is OK as I am able to add some fruit back which is what I missed the most.

So what an ideal weight is will likely be something I will be negotiating with myself all my life.

Last edited by patns; 10-13-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Mom3- good luck with the cold- hoping for you that it is just a small bump and passes quickly... after all the effort & excitement for getting yourself organized for surgery... funny how colds have a way of showing up at the worst times...
Jenny- congrats on getting back to goal!! Great job! How was the tailgating?
Mom2cs- do you exercise 7 days a week? Wow! I had an instructor who once mentioned that it is recommended to do cardio 7 days a week & strength 3 times... still working my way up to that one
Patns- I hope you find something you can enjoy exercise wise... maybe a Leslie Sansone video? They were selling them at Costco... most of her exercises are walking based and fairly easy going... Maybe even if you just start with doing them on Saturday & Sunday when you have time it may help develop the habit...
Spent the day organizing the kids clothes and went to a pig roast this evening. Stuck to the meat & salad and really enjoyed the company...
Closed Thread