Old 09-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: re-start date 4/1/13

Height: 5'5"

I agree with everyone that has advised you to stick with it! This is an amazing program! Yes...the food sometimes is not your favorite, but all in all....you will find what food works for you. I stick mostly to the Choc drink mix, the caramel crunch bar, and the Wildberry yogurt drink. It took me a couple of weeks to figure out that I am the type that needed to just stick with a half dozen IP products that I liked, and just forget about the ones I dislike. It now is very easy to figure out what I am going to have for breakfast and lunch!
iwiggy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 230/172/135

Height: 5'3

I agree with what the others said. You won't like everything, you just have to pick and choose and find what you like. I hate the broc and cheese soup, but I tried the chicken noodle soup today and thought it was pretty good!
megscarles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #18  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

The leek soup was completely terrible!!! YUCK!!! I do understand.. If you want a normal type breakfast you can use 1 egg and 2 egg whites and make an omelet and fill it with mushrooms and spinach etc. That would mean you would still have 6 ounces of protein to eat at dinner time. You will find what works for you, you've gotten very good ideas here..there are lots of recipes here from Rainbow and other people who have turned a powder packet in to some wonderful looking food...you can do this. It will get easier over time and take heart because it's not forever!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 243/139/140

Due to financial concerns, about 3 months into the program I went to PH 2 and continued to lose. I wasn't disappointed because I too, had a problem with a lot of the mixes. Since then, I have narrowed down my choices considerably. I have a RTD Chocolate for breakfast. In the summer I blend it with ice in my "Magic Bullet" for a nice shake. In the cooler weather, I warm it in the microwave for hot chocolate. I'm not a big breakfast eater so it's very satisfying. For lunch I've been eating scrambled eggs w/ veggies or a salad with chicken or tuna. I've tried a lot of the WF dressings and the 2 that I like are Italian and Honey Dijon. For dinner it's meat or fish with veggies, and in the evening I have a cup of decaf with a protein bar which I love. I figure any diet where I can eat chocolate twice a day can't be bad!
glomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 243/139/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiggy58 View Post
I agree with everyone that has advised you to stick with it! This is an amazing program! Yes...the food sometimes is not your favorite, but all in all....you will find what food works for you. I stick mostly to the Choc drink mix, the caramel crunch bar, and the Wildberry yogurt drink. It took me a couple of weeks to figure out that I am the type that needed to just stick with a half dozen IP products that I liked, and just forget about the ones I dislike. It now is very easy to figure out what I am going to have for breakfast and lunch!
Yes, I agree here! Sometimes simplicity is the way to go. It does get easier as the weeks roll by, and so worth it!
glomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

Ask for the Broccoli Cheddar soup...I LOVE it as a sauce on my steemed veggies...its like having cheese sauce. I just steam veggies and then mix it all together. As a soup made by the directions... no so much.

My favorite are:
Carmel Nut Bar (R)
BBQ Crisps (R)
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Potato Puree (made into Potato Pancakes)
Chocolate Dink (the only drink I have found not to have a bad after taste)
RTD Mango

I do agree that the puddings are better as shakes than pudding.

There are a couple others I can tolerate but not a huge fan. I have tried almost everything because my coach gave me a huge assortment my first week.

I just try to keep in mind that they are trying to make things that resemble food out of protein powder and not a lot else...no wonder its not fantastic food. The results have been worth it
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #22  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

When I add steamed fennel or leeks to the leek soup, I can eat it!! When I add (3 days a week min) steamed broccoli slaw (carrots painstakingly removed) to the chicken soup (IP creme of chicken) I really love it! I've just finished month #1 and have learned for me at least, that I can eat a few menu items I like 3-4 times a week a lot easier than 21 different ones that I gag on. My IP shopping list for a week is down to 12 different IP packages for the 21 meals (meaning lots of duplicates)! If anyone wants to see my list I can add it here.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

The first week I starred all of the packets I enjoyed so when I went back the second week I didn't buy things I did not like. Today I had the broccoli cheese soup, with my 2 cups of steamed veggies added to it...then I seasoned it with Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb blend and it was divine. Guess what people say about your tastes changing a bit after you have been eating them is right, because I think it could have passed for gourmet.

I do like breakfast foods for breakfast and what not, so I have the Maple Oatmeal one day and the next I have the cappucino one. I mix it in with my coffee and it is delightful and quite filling for a liquid breakfast.

Like the others have said...don't give up, give yourself time to try some other packets.
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #24  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I like most of the IP foods I've tried this far. I have the chocolate drink for breakfast almost every morning and it's definately my favorite thus far. I like the broccoli cheddar soup and I usually put a cup of steamed broccoli in it just to zip it up a bit. Same with the mushroom soup, some mushrooms sauteed in garlic and olive oil. I love the dill pickle zippers because they taste like dill pickle chips, so those are always nice when I'm craving something salty. The puddings are so-so in my books. I eat them, but they're definately not as smooth as real puddings. And I find that you have to shake them up really good, otherwise they taste a bit gritty.
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
I don't mind cooking dinner, but I'm trying to keep lunch to a minimum - just want something I can grab and go - maybe I will be living on drinks and bars.
I too like to keep lunch simple. I pack my veggies in a zip & steam bag and have a shake on the side.

If your coach is like mine you can trade any packet you don't like. I would suggest going to the IP website and look a the diferent options and make a list of what you want to try. Then if you don't see it at your coach, you can ask. My coach has all his in just two cabnets in his office so stuff can be hidding behind. Don't know if thats the case at yours.
warmheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #26  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

The chocolate drink is a fave of mine, especially heated and add a little WF Carmel syrup to it - OMG, up there with the best of the hot chocolates!

I also really like the soy nuts, and I have liked every bar that I have tried.

I'm not doing much with the soups yet - I'm kind of saving them for when it is cold out. I am also trying to learn what veggies will mix best with what.

The puddings I don't think are sweet enough, they need sweetener. And I think they would be better if made in advance and then put in the fridge.

Last edited by AlisonS; 09-24-2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #27  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
The chocolate drink is a fave of mine, especially heated and add a little WF Carmel syrup to it - OMG, up there with the best of the hot chocolates!

I also really like the soy nuts, and I have liked every bar that I have tried.

I'm not doing much with the soups yet - I'm kind of saving them for when it is cold out. I am also trying to learn what veggies will mix best with what.

The puddings I don't think are sweet enough, they need sweetener. And I think they would be better if made in advance and then put in the frig.
I don't know why I didn't think of putting the puddings in the fridge LOL. That would totally taste better.
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Puddings are definitely better as shakes, and the soups are fine if you add your veggies. There is not much that is great on its own. You really have to work the packets. My favorites are broccoli cheese soup with broccoli and crispy cereal made into a waffle. All the bars I've tried, I've liked, but I have to be careful with them as a few times I've binged on them.

I've been doing IP for 90 days and I'm really close to goal, yet I've been dragging my feet about starting Phase 2. The space food packets are just so easy and convenient.
locopollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

I agree whole heartedly!

My BIL said everything was good and not to worry, a week later I called my sister who agreed that everything was horrible. What isn't horrible is the results!! I have learned to settle on my tastes and I haven't had real sugar for many weeks. I love the feel that this diet has on my body - and I don't think I would trade that for better tasting food. Quick results make it worth it for me. (That doesn't mean I didn't cry a few times in the first weeks!)

A few weeks ago there was a thread where people listed there favourite products. We were only supposed to pick one but everyone couldn't resist and put one restricted and one not restricted. It was a good read. I would say that the soy puffs in chocolate and lemon, good to nibble over the day.

Best wishes to continue on...
rofl306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
You have to start posting Willi - clearly I need all the help I can get! Welcome!!!!!
Thanks for welcoming me. I will continue to post. I am into my third week, so still pretty new. It does get easier, although I still have some rough days. When this happens, I read this blog for strength!
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote