Old 09-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Can't seem to get enough water today?

I have been drinking a ton of water today...I am up to 160oz and am still feeling thirsty...is this normal? Have you ever had a day where you just keep drinking and then want some more? So odd.
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/239/170

Thats been exactly me today. I finished over 90oz water in a couple hours ( I am at work) and not even an hour later my mouth felt dry and thirsty. Now sometimes in the morning i get the same way but today i feel like i could drink the ocean!
AmberMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Well I finally decided that if I wanted to get any amount of sleep tonight I had to quit drinking water...I think my body is just really working to flush things out today or something and wants the water. I think the body knows what it wants and needs.
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #4  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm always drinking huge amounts of water - was tested for diabetes a few times but everything is always "normal" which is a good thing, but I still drink abnormal amounts of water. Eventually, an Endocrinologist told me "it's normal for you".

Anyways, I noticed over time the following trends:

- day or two before my period starts, or sometimes the first day of period as well, I can't drink enough.

- when I am busy at work for example or out somewhere longer than I thought I would be and didn't bring water with me, those hours without water seem to dehydrate me so the following day I need to make up for that...sometimes I need to make up for 2 or 3 days of lower intake of water. That is why it is important to track water intake, so you know if this is the reason why one day you are suddenly so unquenchably thirsty.

- if I do something that makes me sweat (exercise, out in a hot humid day etc)...it seems to me that I must drink so much MORE water than the amount I have sweated out....probably not true, but it seems that way.

- Salty foods (well that's obvious) but also GARLIC in food will make me thirty something crazy the whole day.

- Now when we are on this diet, your explanation that body just needs to flush a lot sometimes sounds true to me, so that's another reason why some days we are so thirsty.

And yes, yesterday I felt terribly thirsty. It was my first day of the program...and I gotta say, our foods are QUITE salty, plus the 1/2 teaspoon of salt per day on top of it.... Yesterday I felt like I did nothing but drink water and pee all day (and night!) long.
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #5  

Height: magmeepEVE

When I first started IP, I drank tons of water; I just couldn't get enough. It's less now (it's also cooler here a bit), but on some days I just want more water.

And yes, sleeping after drinking so much water is always an adventure. I go for walks in the evening, and always come back for a large class of water too, so I'm always up at night.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote