I used this recipe:
Cauliflower IP Pizza #1 - 8oz protein + 2 cups Veggies
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
2 eggs whites
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4430615-post5.html
Pizza Toppings: Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey, Fresh Basil Leaves, Tomato Slices, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, etc.
Optional: Veggie Cheese, sparingly (talk with your coach first)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
1. Combine cauliflower with garlic in a food processor and pulse until crumbly, being careful not to overmix (you don’t want it to become a paste). You can also use a box grater to shred the cauliflower.
2. Microwave cauliflower ~8-10 minutes, allow to cool slightly and squeeze out excess water.
3. Stir this mixture together with eggs whites and Italian Seasoning.
4. Form into pizza crusts and bake them alone for ~15-20 minutes (or until golden).
5. Meanwhile, prepare any toppings you want: brown meat, sautee veggies, etc.
6. Remove pizza crusts, add Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce, pizza toppings, and optional veggie cheese
7. Bake for another 10 minutes.
*You can use your puree as a pizza sauce!
*TWO pizza options available - either using your 2c veggies (for the crust and toppings combined), or alternatively below you can use an IP packet.
*Cauliflower Crust Inspiration Recipe: http://www.ahappyhippymom.com/2012/0...rb-recipe.html
*1 medium-sized head of cauliflower (~4 cups chopped) yielded me two large pizza crusts.
*The crispy edges of the crust were the best part, next time will try making little mini-pizzas to maximize that part!
So no cheese since we can't on ideal protein. I guess I should have put more egg whites and made only 1 large pizza. It didn't stick very well. And I will also use parchment paper next time. It was very time consuming...