Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #46  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Make sure you buy the Weight Loss Systems. Some other brand makes one and it's JUST a pudding. This tastes and has the texture of real cheesecake.

Molly
I've used the Health Wise (same as Health Smart) NY Cheesecake and I don't mind it but I HAVE to put it in the freezer for a bit before eating. My nutrition store sells the WLS brand as "Balanced Protein" brand...I'll have to see if they carry the cheesecake flavor! Overall I prefer their pudding consistency anyway, the Cocomint Creme is to die for!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Make sure you buy the Weight Loss Systems. Some other brand makes one and it's JUST a pudding. This tastes and has the texture of real cheesecake.

Molly
I'm going to have to buy this next time I order from Nashua, since you've never steered me wrong in the past, Molly! Do you make it as directed, or do you do anything special to it?
Old 09-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #48  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post
I'm going to have to buy this next time I order from Nashua, since you've never steered me wrong in the past, Molly! Do you make it as directed, or do you do anything special to it?
I make it as directed, just 2 oz of cold water. I don't put it in the freezer like scorbett, but I do put it in the frig for a while. It after it's made, I drizzle the syrup over it.

I hope to not steer you or anyone wrong, but my tastebuds are different than most people's. Like I can't stand the taste of the EAS RTD and so many love them.

Molly
Old 10-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #49  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Just got an email from Nashua and the HealthSmart (HOT DRINKS only) are on sale this week for $10 a box.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #50  

Hi,
I'm new here and just had a quick question. I did IP strict for 2 weeks and lost 15 pounds and 3 inches on hips. My goal was really only 15-20 pounds and I did 'cheat' on the weekends. Thankfully, I have not gained any weight back, and have been doing strict IP during the week, but cheating a bit on wknds. I know this is not protocol, but I also started back at the gym, 1.5 hours a day with cardio and circuit training.

I guess my question is this. If I lost 10 pounds the first 7 days of STRICTLY IP and P1, and then stopped with cheating, Could I lose another 5-10 pounds/inches if I started it again for a Strict week or 2 or P1 ??

Like I said, I have cheated (think Beer, Nachos, Wings, etc) and have not gained a single pound back buy going back and forth, but thinking if I go back to strict P1 and then a combo of just low carb, high protein and exercise to maintain?

Thougts?

Also, I have only done IP Products, but have researched the Alternatives. I think I'm going to get some protein drinks at Costco (if they have them or GNC) ad then the alternative bars and drinks at Nashua. Can someone tell me if something has 15 carbs, 3 fiber and 4 sugar alcohols, does that mean it's only 8 carbs so it's urestricted?

Thanks and I loved reading this thread!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #51  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by megreg View Post
Hi,
I'm new here and just had a quick question. I did IP strict for 2 weeks and lost 15 pounds and 3 inches on hips. My goal was really only 15-20 pounds and I did 'cheat' on the weekends. Thankfully, I have not gained any weight back, and have been doing strict IP during the week, but cheating a bit on wknds. I know this is not protocol, but I also started back at the gym, 1.5 hours a day with cardio and circuit training.

I guess my question is this. If I lost 10 pounds the first 7 days of STRICTLY IP and P1, and then stopped with cheating, Could I lose another 5-10 pounds/inches if I started it again for a Strict week or 2 or P1 ??

Like I said, I have cheated (think Beer, Nachos, Wings, etc) and have not gained a single pound back buy going back and forth, but thinking if I go back to strict P1 and then a combo of just low carb, high protein and exercise to maintain?

Thougts?

Also, I have only done IP Products, but have researched the Alternatives. I think I'm going to get some protein drinks at Costco (if they have them or GNC) ad then the alternative bars and drinks at Nashua. Can someone tell me if something has 15 carbs, 3 fiber and 4 sugar alcohols, does that mean it's only 8 carbs so it's urestricted?

Thanks and I loved reading this thread!
8 carbs would still be a restricted item, anything 8 or above is restricted.

The losses you saw the first week are typical for first week on IP - not typical for continued IP losses. Especially where you don't really have much to lose, you would very likely see a major slowdown - the next 10 pounds could take as much as 5 weeks to come off. Increasing exercise during IP doesn't speed up the losses either, due to the very low calorie/carb count.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
8 carbs would still be a restricted item, anything 8 or above is restricted.

The losses you saw the first week are typical for first week on IP - not typical for continued IP losses. Especially where you don't really have much to lose, you would very likely see a major slowdown - the next 10 pounds could take as much as 5 weeks to come off. Increasing exercise during IP doesn't speed up the losses either, due to the very low calorie/carb count.
Thanks.. Are you saying it would be better to just do high protein, lower carb (not as low as IP) and low sugar plus exercise to lose the last 5 pounds? I'm not really sure I'm willing to spend the $$ for 3-4more weeks if it's not going to work if I only have 5 pounds. Maybe the rule of thumb for me would be about a 1500-1800 calorie day with higher protein and lower carbs/sugar plus exercise? I just can't spend another $400 for only a pound a week... I could probably do that for free with will power..
Old 10-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #53  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by megreg View Post
Thanks.. Are you saying it would be better to just do high protein, lower carb (not as low as IP) and low sugar plus exercise to lose the last 5 pounds? I'm not really sure I'm willing to spend the $$ for 3-4more weeks if it's not going to work if I only have 5 pounds. Maybe the rule of thumb for me would be about a 1500-1800 calorie day with higher protein and lower carbs/sugar plus exercise? I just can't spend another $400 for only a pound a week... I could probably do that for free with will power..
It's up to you - most people see an average loss of 2-3lb per week after the first week on IP. It sounds like you might already be doing more of a Cyclical Ketogenic diet (several days on high protein/low carb/low fat followed by a day of unrestricted eating). That might be more in line with what you are thinking and if you are a heavy exerciser, it's pretty common in bodybuilding circuits.

Last edited by scorbett1103; 10-03-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 217.8/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Why do all of the pancake mixes have a spongy taste/consistancy? Yuck! Haven't found one I like yet.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #55  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Molly

Going to order this one next time. I didn't really care for the healthsmart cheesecake pudding.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Well, crap, I ordered the Healthsmart cheesecake and everyone is saying the Weight Loss Systems one is better -- I didn't even look at the WLS section on Nashua
Old 10-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #57  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirStories View Post
Well, crap, I ordered the Healthsmart cheesecake and everyone is saying the Weight Loss Systems one is better -- I didn't even look at the WLS section on Nashua
Sorry, you missed that information.

Here is something Rainbow did with a packet I sent her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
thank you molly!!!!!! for the cheesecake pudding!! its really good!!!

i topped mine with just a dash cocoa powder and 2 crunched up chocolate soy puffs!!!

yum!!!!

i'm thinking,,,,hmmm....have you ever baked using this packet??

crunched up chocolate soy puffs mixed with some i can't believe it not butter pressed into the mini muffin tin....with baked cheesecake???

hmmmmm!!! i need to order some now!! thanks molly...you have the best recommendations!!

thank you so much for sending me a sample packet!!
YOU ARE AMAZING!!! THE BEST FRIEND EVER!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #58  

Default Alternative Pudding Ideas Needed

Hi Guys,
What a wealth of information here on alternative products you have all put together! I have been going through most all the alternative threads I have seen here since last week

I am one of those weird people that pretty much stuck to all IP puddings when I lost 60+ lbs. I actually like the puddings and the thing is, they are non-restricted and they aren't so GREAT that I feel I could over-do them...I have avoided all bars and really sweet offerings because they seem to make me crave more so I can't have them around.

So now I am looking for the best pudding suggestions to replace the IP puddings that are non-restricted. And I gotta tell you, I love making my puddings into the little muffins w/ egg whites, H2O, cinnamon so would love to continue doing those with alternative puddings. I have read in these threads about the Weight Loss Systems choco chip w/ marshmallows and the cheesecake puddings but am not sure if they are considered non-restricted.
What puddings (choc, vanilla, strawberry, butterscotch, lemon) would you recommend that are good alternates to IP? I am also curious about the ones I've seen at Lindora, they have one w/ toffee bits and they offer a cheesecake too.

Thank you all in advance for your thoughts and ideas!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo Sky View Post
Hi Guys,
What a wealth of information here on alternative products you have all put together! I have been going through most all the alternative threads I have seen here since last week

I am one of those weird people that pretty much stuck to all IP puddings when I lost 60+ lbs. I actually like the puddings and the thing is, they are non-restricted and they aren't so GREAT that I feel I could over-do them...I have avoided all bars and really sweet offerings because they seem to make me crave more so I can't have them around.

So now I am looking for the best pudding suggestions to replace the IP puddings that are non-restricted. And I gotta tell you, I love making my puddings into the little muffins w/ egg whites, H2O, cinnamon so would love to continue doing those with alternative puddings. I have read in these threads about the Weight Loss Systems choco chip w/ marshmallows and the cheesecake puddings but am not sure if they are considered non-restricted.
What puddings (choc, vanilla, strawberry, butterscotch, lemon) would you recommend that are good alternates to IP? I am also curious about the ones I've seen at Lindora, they have one w/ toffee bits and they offer a cheesecake too.

WLS Cocomint is yummy as pudding or ice cream. I use Protithin (or diet??) maple oatmeal b/c I could buy it in a 20-serving container AND I make muffins or pancakes with it (I add zucchini, too!)
I'm with you on not getting too many sweets. I don't want my palate trained for sweets...I think that'll make maintenance harder for myself. I only have 1 bar, set aside for an emergency. I really emphasize making more savory favors, rather than all that sweet. I use IP dark choc pudding for my am smoothie precisely b/c it isn't so sweet. I have not found an adequate replacement. I'm not a fan of the cheesecake mixes but many people love them.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #60  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo Sky View Post
Hi Guys,

Welcome to the somewhat confusing world of alternatives. I spent 3 months on strictly IP and then went to alternatives (horrible coach and no other centers around). It has taken time to shift through all that's available.

Some alternatives have ingredients you have to watch out for such as aspertame. Some will have too much fat or not enough protein (most IP is 18, most alernatives are 15 or less).

There are multiple sites to order from and you'll learn that just like grocery companies, these companies re-brand the same items. If they show the box, usually the picture will look the same, but the name at the top will be what ever the company wants to sell under. For example, the cheesecake pudding. There are two different ones, but the one shown above that Rainbow used is under Weight Loss Systems from Nashua, Doctors Best Weight Loss for Doctors Best Weight Loss site, and Lindora. They are all the same. You'll find that for lots of different items.

I am a chocoholic so I pretty much stick to chocolate puddings and make them inot shakes. That is all but the marshmallow, chocolate chip. A couple of times I have made cookies out of the puddings. Haven't tried muffins except with the oatmeal. That's one good deal as most all of the alternative company's oatmeal is NOT restricted.

Restricted is something 8 grams or less of carbs. I do not go to the trouble of calculating net carbs as there are different ways and I find I'm playing it safe to just say under 9 carbs.

I'm sure others will jump in here and provide you some advice.

Hope this is a bit of help for you. It's definitely not all cut and dry like IP.

Molly
Closed Thread