Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #331  

Default more on altrernatives..

Have not yet officially joined IP program but am very interested in more reasonably priced alternatives so I can committ for a longer period before being discouraged by cost. In researching, I've found a site that may be helpful:
Dailydiettalk.com lists the most comprehensive info on the IP program AND gives some viable alternatives. Based on that info and this thread, I've ordered an assortment from Nashua Nutrition and Doctors best weightloss (Via Amazon).
Hopefully this info will be helpful to others.

Thanks for all the great info posted here. It has me motivated to take the next step.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #332  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcmod View Post
Have not yet officially joined IP program but am very interested in more reasonably priced alternatives so I can committ for a longer period before being discouraged by cost. In researching, I've found a site that may be helpful:
Dailydiettalk.com lists the most comprehensive info on the IP program AND gives some viable alternatives. Based on that info and this thread, I've ordered an assortment from Nashua Nutrition and Doctors best weightloss (Via Amazon).

Thanks for all the great info posted here. It has me motivated to take the next step.
That's evepet's website, you will see her post here frequently! I'm sure she'll be thrilled to know you are recommending her site
Old 05-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #333  

Trying to learn and understand. Your comments appreciated.
I regualrly eat Trader Joes nonfat plain greek yogurt...plain, as the base for breakfast shakes, frozen, etc.
Nutritional content as follows:
saturated/trans fats 0
cholesterol 0
Sodium 70mg
Potassium 270mg
Carbs 7g
fiber 0
sugars 6g
protein 22g

This seems to meet the requirements for IP carb and protein wise. Do you think it would counter act with IP program if I continued to eat this?

Thanks to experienced IPers for their input
Old 05-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #334  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Trying to learn and understand. Your comments appreciated.
I regualrly eat Trader Joes nonfat plain greek yogurt...plain, as the base for breakfast shakes, frozen, etc.
Nutritional content as follows:
saturated/trans fats 0
cholesterol 0
Sodium 70mg
Potassium 270mg
Carbs 7g
fiber 0
sugars 6g
protein 22g

This seems to meet the requirements for IP carb and protein wise. Do you think it would counter act with IP program if I continued to eat this?

Thanks to experienced IPers for their input
We are actually NOT allowed any dairy other than the 1oz of skim milk in your coffee once per day, on Phase 1.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 171/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I am running out of supplements. Looks like Plain Protein is not selling the regular IP supplements anymore... could someone please tell me where I can order from?
Old 05-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

I got my first order from Nashua today, and thanks to all of your previous posts, I am very happy with my choices so far. Because I was so curious, I had 1/2 bag of ProtiDiet Honey Nut cereal dry (sweet but yummy after the first couple of bites). Later, I had 1/2 bag of Weight Loss Systems pretzel twists. I definitely should have ordered more than two bags of that (great movie/travel snack). I had my regular P1 meals and my super-diluted IP blueberry-cran drink (I usually mix it with 24+ oz of water). Then, I had the Weight Loss Systems cheesecake. It really is amazing. I mixed it when I made my lunch and resisted the urge until dessert tonight. I will have to follow Lisa's wisdom from other threads and save that one for special occasions. For example, everyone may be eating cake and ice cream and other treats this weekend, but I will be enjoying some decadent cheesecake. Somehow, I don't feel like I'll be missing out. I'll share more reviews as I continue to try these new foods.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #337  

Scorbett, you've been so helpful in answering my ?'s. I've another. It appears lemon IS allowed, although no other fruits are. Am I correct? I typically juice a whole lemon (rind and all) and then dilute it with water all day long. This is pretty much all I drink in the warmer months. Do you think I am OK continuing this?

Thanks
Old 05-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #338  

Height: 5'7"

It's always a fun day when my Nashua box arrives at my door!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #339  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

I have an order of Nashua products coming today! Yipeee
Old 05-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #340  

Will offer another possible, more cost efficient, alternate to IP or Protie shakes. I bought the Proti vanilla and chocolate and tried them 2 ways...a scoop in my coffee blended with ice. Pretty tasty and satisfying...and alone with water - eh - pretty weak and not real satisfying.
The product was not much different that Trader Joes Vanilla flavored Soy Protein powder (I think they have a chocolate as well - but not 100% sure).

120 calories...10 from fat...dairy-free...1g carbs...25g protein.
28 servings for under $35. Healthy and reasonable priced.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Scorbett, you've been so helpful in answering my ?'s. I've another. It appears lemon IS allowed, although no other fruits are. Am I correct? I typically juice a whole lemon (rind and all) and then dilute it with water all day long. This is pretty much all I drink in the warmer months. Do you think I am OK continuing this?

Thanks
I know this is directed to Scorbett, but I'll offer my opinon too...lemon should be used as a seasoning (ie. a slice over your fish, in your glass of water, etc) so I think an entire lemon every day is too much.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #342  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:

Thanks
Lemon juice is allowed, as a seasoning - I looked up the nutritional info on it and the juice of 1 lemon is about 12 calories and 4g carbs. If you are talking one lemon per day, juice only, squeezed in water, I would keep track of it as 4 servings of "extras" - treated the way you would sweetener or Walden farms products. That way you are accounting for the carbs in your daily intake.

Lemon juice is alkali producing in the body, which contributes to the anti inflammatory nature of Phase 1 - that's why it's allowed while other fruits are not. You want to keep track of "extras" like this to make sure you aren't adding too many carbs to your day, even the "0 carb" products have trace carbs - they can label a product 0 carb as long as it's less than 1 carb per serving. Those trace carbs add up quick if you don't track them. My general rule of thumb was no more than 6 servings of "extras" per day.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #343  

Thank you so much for your help.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #344  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Lindora Chocolate Mint Shake is my new favorite thing in the entire world.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #345  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
That's evepet's website, you will see her post here frequently! I'm sure she'll be thrilled to know you are recommending her site
Hi! My website/blog is www.diettalktoday.com - see the link in my signature. I developed it after I switched to using alternatives last year - I thought I'd document the info to assist others in their transition. I did notice when I googled dailydiettalk.com that it connects with a low carb dieting website, so I'm not sure that you're thinking of my website/blog - or that one?
Whichever, I'm glad that you're on board! The IP protocol can certainly be done well and more inexpensively with the use of alternative products. And there are so many of us here at 3FatChicks that use alternatives, there is always good support and advice available.

Last edited by evepet; 05-29-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Closed Thread