Old 09-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #61  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmheart View Post
I read the answer to this some where, I think in the matinence phase protocol pages. It's the hydrogenated oils in it. "Hydrogenated oils are a metabalisim killer" that's what it said. Enough said for me to steer clear for life! your better off using heavy cream (ok not now) in your coffee than that crap!! This from someone who used to have a little coffee in my creamer lol.
I have been just mixing my coffee with my morning shake (no water). Or you could take 8oz of skim milk and mix a vanilla packet with it and use 1 oz each morning to feel like you still have your creamer but are still OP.
Careful on the skim milk - some have added sugars. I'm mixing the vanilla rtd with full blown half/half. I used to use the FF half/half but my coach said NO.
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Can the birth control pill make you gain? I went on it a week and a half ago so I wouldn't get TOM for my sons wedding. I had it for a whole month! Now the scale seems to be creeping up. I'm 100% OP and haven't changed anything. I was hoping to get to my goal by then, pretty close though. Much happier that I'm this weight for the wedding though!
I agree that it could make you retain fluid.

I do this all the time since TOM makes me very sick. I love the lifestyle but I also find that this diet crashes through and TOM happens anyway (but I'm not as sick).

I don't see the fluctuations in my losses that I see on other peoples charts so I would assume that is because of taking the pill steady.
rofl306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Cost comparison - IP v. Alternatives??

I'm sure someone out there has done a cost comparison. I'm loving IP and the results I'm getting, but the cost is killing me.
AngieBaby41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #64  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

I'm flying to Seattle on Tuesday for work and am excited to see how I fit in the seats after losing on IP. I havent flown since February and the last one was a long flight to CA.

I was stuck in a center seat on the way there and it was aweful. The man next to me used both his arm rests and had his foot over on my side. It was a struggle to try and keep my entire body in my seat area already, without him encroaching.

I'm hoping this time I have some extra space since I have lost so much.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #65  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBaby41 View Post
I'm sure someone out there has done a cost comparison. I'm loving IP and the results I'm getting, but the cost is killing me.
Cost comparison is easy. IP boxed products @$28 (or so) per box, vs. Proti-Diet, Nashua Nutrition, etc boxed products @$11 per box. Even with shipping you'd save 50-60%.

Check out the Alternatives threads, lots of good suggestions on comparable products.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #66  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBaby41 View Post

I'm spending about 1/3-1/2 with alternatives versus what I spent on the IP Products. I still use the IP supplements, because I feel much better on them than the alternatives.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #67  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday all! Enjoying a beautiful northern Wisconsin fall day here. Wondering if my husband has anything in the works for our anniversary tomorrow. 5 years fly by- it bothers me to think that in those 5 years I have gained so much weight. Next year I resolve to be smokin hot!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
blessedamberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

June 7/12 -. Had my first consultation at our IP clinic weighing 202.4 lbs. - didn't think I could do IP, but I was gonna try. I pigged out all day cause "hey, tomorrow i'm starting another diet."
Sept 21/12 - I weigh 156 lbs. I'm sitting here crying and shaking cause I can't believe it. In 106 days I have lost 46.4 lbs. AMAZING!
The most important thing is that "healthwise" I feel like an entirely different person. I sleep like a baby (ok, when i'm not peeing) , acid relux GONE, restless legs GONE, sore feet GONE, aching legs GONE, digestion issues GONE, high blood pressure GONE, Eczema GONE, migraines GONE & my head feels so clear I didn't realize how "foggy" I was. WOW!!!!!
I could never thank all of you enough. This forum is my 24 hr help line.
Heitina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #69  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
June 7/12 -. Had my first consultation at our IP clinic weighing 202.4 lbs. - didn't think I could do IP, but I was gonna try. I pigged out all day cause "hey, tomorrow i'm starting another diet."
Sept 21/12 - I weigh 156 lbs. I'm sitting here crying and shaking cause I can't believe it. In 106 days I have lost 46.4 lbs. AMAZING!
The most important thing is that "healthwise" I feel like an entirely different person. I sleep like a baby (ok, when i'm not peeing) , acid relux GONE, restless legs GONE, sore feet GONE, aching legs GONE, digestion issues GONE, high blood pressure GONE, Eczema GONE, migraines GONE & my head feels so clear I didn't realize how "foggy" I was. WOW!!!!!
That is amazing. Congrats!!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #70  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvei View Post
Good Morning!

So I guess I'm obsessing a bit about this protocol... I had a dream that I had cheated all day without realizing it, like eating a piece of bread while cooking for my kid, etc... Not binging but enough to kick me off protocol... Let's just say I was very happy to wake up!

I'm having issues at work with one person who's being very negative about this protocol, and is totally against it... Of course she's tiny I'm thinking of getting her Dr. Tran's book!

Have a great 100 OP day!

Véronique
Hmm... Am surprised at her negativity. In the first place, your diet and lifestyle has nothing to do with her and doesn't affect her life. I really dislike people who can't resist wanting others to live by their rules.
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #71  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Awesome job! Congratulations! We are all so happy for you.
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #72  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Good Afternoon Fellow IPers!

Hope everyone had a great OP week. I posted a day or two ago about stress and lack of sleep affecting weightloss. I went to weigh in this week feeling like I gained or at least stayed the same...Well...I actually lost 3 lbs. I was so excited and I am still smiling. I am SO CLOSE to onderland. I cannot wait till next Friday's weigh in.

My coach has been on vacation so I have gone to my friend who runs the clinic. I think I will meet with him again Friday as the coach is not in that day and share the moment of Onderland with a close friend from my childhood. He has known me my whole life and knows that I have not been this small since around 6th grade (30+ yrs ago).

So excited today and I know this will motivate me for the next week to keep going strong! i just LOVE LOVE LOVE IP!!!

Hope everyone has a great OP day and weekend.

Congrats! I love reading posts like these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedamberly View Post
Happy Friday all! Enjoying a beautiful northern Wisconsin fall day here. Wondering if my husband has anything in the works for our anniversary tomorrow. 5 years fly by- it bothers me to think that in those 5 years I have gained so much weight. Next year I resolve to be smokin hot!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Hello fellow Wisconsinite! Happy Anniversary to you. It will be awesome to see your progress at this time next year.

Quote:
I'm so happy for you and all you've achieved. I think the number on the scale is just a clinical measurement, and pales in comparison to the NSVs such as the ones you've mentioned. During the past 5 weeks I've: gone down a size, have more energy - enough to go for a bike ride, and just this morning was a big one. I was holding my child on my lap after she woke up and having a snuggle, and realized I'm holding her closer to my heart, closer than she's ever been in all her 5 yrs. This is a major NSV for me, and one that will keep getting better and better as I lose more weight. LOVE IP!!!
stargirl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

I am loving all these positive stories! It is so true that we love seeing numbers on the scale drop. But it really is all about the inches and increasing muscle mass!
Have a happy and healthy weekend!
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
You'll never change her mind .... Just saying, it's not worth the aggravation. Let her have her opinion and you can keep on working the magic
Thanks all for your comments! She's actually a bit hateful person, so her comments are like water on the back of a duck... (Is that only a french expression???)

Day 7 for me, and I'm feeling great! Not hungry, melting away! This works!

Have a great end of day!

Véronique

ps. I had cream of chicken from wonderslim for lunch, and although it was a bit gritty, the taste was AWESOME!
vvei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #75  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
That's incredible! Good for you ... I hope you hold on to that feeling for EVER!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote