Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #46  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
I am new here. I got my packets and all yesterday, and will start the diet tomorrow (Friday) so that my first difficult days would happen over the weekend. Hopefully by Monday I'll be functional enough to go to work. Or I might take couple of days off...

I am 42 years old and weigh 230 lb. I have minimum 80 lbs to lose. I have been steadily gaining weight since 19 years old, except that within the past 8 months I gained 30 pounds, which is not "steady" but rather an alarming jump. It happened while trying to diet...not only I didn't lose any weight but gained 30 lbs!!

Basically my eating is out of control, I am out of control, and so I am ready to take this step. I like about this diet the fact that my own decisions (which I don't trust) are taken out equation and I know precisely what I have to eat, how much, how it should be prepared, and when.

Let's hope for the best!
welcome..this diet and and this site has changed my life !!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
I am so proud of myself. Why?

Because yesterday was my first 100% OP day in well...months. I resisted ice cream Tuesday night, and pizza and cheese bread yesterday! I'm so proud. I just have to remember that cheese is off-limits. And fruit. Got in the habit of eating that, got to get out.

And Iowa is cold today! Only 55F...better than 95F but still freezing!

Bright side, besides being OP, I get to see my man this weekend! YAY!!
Congrats being OP!! I can completely relate I have been cheating with cheese everyday the last month or so..I thought giving up sweets and pop would kill me and it was hard in the beginning but now doesnt bother me at all but CHEESE calls my name
Old 09-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #48  

Welcome to all the Newbies..it seems so wierd to type that as I still feel like a Newbie myself even though it has been 4 months
wuv2bloved you look AMAZING!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #49  

Had WI today and I am down 3 lbs this week for a total of 46.4 lost...I am so happy and I want to say thank you to everyone on here with out yalls support and tough-love when needed (thank you WUV) I would never had made it this far and I am so excited about the future I know I will keep doing this!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
Congrats being OP!! I can completely relate I have been cheating with cheese everyday the last month or so..I thought giving up sweets and pop would kill me and it was hard in the beginning but now doesnt bother me at all but CHEESE calls my name

Today is my 18th day on IP ...

and I would almost KILL for a cheeseburger this week.

So ... I can totally relate.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBaby41 View Post
Today is my 18th day on IP ...

and I would almost KILL for a cheeseburger this week.

So ... I can totally relate.
Have a hamburger and turnip fries! It is always good to take your craving and make it IP friendly.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

I tried some kale chips! I definitely think these will be a good substitute for my veggies for a while. I know I'm only on day 2, but I just can't stomach any more cauliflower!

Tonight I'm going to try to make some zucinni in a pasta fashion, and top it with WF spaghetti sauce and some lean ground beef.

My boyfriend is so excited that I'm branching out and making new things!

Any tips on making the zucinni spaghetti or noodle-like? I don't have any tools, except kitchen knives
Old 09-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #53  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
I am new here. I got my packets and all yesterday, and will start the diet tomorrow (Friday) so that my first difficult days would happen over the weekend. Hopefully by Monday I'll be functional enough to go to work. Or I might take couple of days off...

I am 42 years old and weigh 230 lb. I have minimum 80 lbs to lose. I have been steadily gaining weight since 19 years old, except that within the past 8 months I gained 30 pounds, which is not "steady" but rather an alarming jump. It happened while trying to diet...not only I didn't lose any weight but gained 30 lbs!!

Basically my eating is out of control, I am out of control, and so I am ready to take this step. I like about this diet the fact that my own decisions (which I don't trust) are taken out equation and I know precisely what I have to eat, how much, how it should be prepared, and when.

Let's hope for the best!
Get through those first few days and you'll love this diet. I needed my own decision taken out of the equation too, it's working wonderfully for me. This will be the last diet you need.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #54  

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=Tigerlvr52;4474310]Well Good Morning Everyone....
Didn't get much sleep last night which is not fun this morning but eh... tis life. I also wish the laundry fairy would visit a little more often. So great great news..... I am down another decade this morning.... Down 60 lbs. You have no idea how this has made my day even being overly tired.

Great job!!!!! Wow! Did I say Great Job!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #55  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
Had WI today and I am down 3 lbs this week for a total of 46.4 lost...I am so happy and I want to say thank you to everyone on here with out yalls support and tough-love when needed (thank you WUV) I would never had made it this far and I am so excited about the future I know I will keep doing this!
thank you, Glad to see that my "tough love" is making a difference
Old 09-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #56  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

I have my weigh-in tomorrow and i am a bit nervous...i have been stressing a lot lately so im worried that it will effect my weight loss....but my clothes feel looser so im sure i lost inches. does anyone have a recipe for making simple cauliflower bread? figured i can make a tuna sandwich tomorrow lol HAVE A GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #57  

Welcome Kay2012!!! You will find there are a lot of mom's on IP, and we have all found that it makes us better caregivers. I have a TON more energy to play with my son, I make healthy, whole, fresh foods for my family using the vegetable recipes I learned on this site, and I feel FANTASTIC. Truly, a happy mom means a happy family and you are doing the BEST THING for YOURSELF and for YOUR FAMILY. I lost over 70lb in 5 months of Phase 1 and the time FLEW BY - you will be reaching goal before you know it and cheering on the newbies soon enough!

Liz, you are my role model! I've been looking at your weight loss and it is amazing what you have done each week. We have similar start weights and are the same height, so I'm hoping to have at least half the success that you have had. Did you walk or do any other exercise during your journey?
Old 09-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #58  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2012 View Post
I will! It's a small world!
Kay, WUV, it is a small world, because I lived in Ocean Springs back in 1975 when I was an airman at Keesler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpersons View Post
Good afternoon fellow IPers.
2. Have any of you ever had any back pain in the kidney area when starting this diet? I have had some for a couple of days now, and it was at its worst this am. Called my coach and haven't heard back from her.....any ideas?
Cpersons, I too had back pain in that area on just one side the first week. I only felt it at night, probably too distracted to notice during the day. It went away after a couple of days. I thought it could be the shock of going from 4 bottles of diet coke a day to 4 bottles of straight water. I was too busy to deal with it and then it just gradually felt better until it went away altogether. Let me know if you have a similar experience.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
I have my weigh-in tomorrow and i am a bit nervous...i have been stressing a lot lately so im worried that it will effect my weight loss....but my clothes feel looser so im sure i lost inches. does anyone have a recipe for making simple cauliflower bread? figured i can make a tuna sandwich tomorrow lol HAVE A GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE!
I've never heard of cauliflower bread. I always put my tuna in lettuce and roll it up. Usually gets messy at the end though.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #60  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Molly- Your new pics look fantastic! You are but a shadow of your former self. Weigh to go!
Closed Thread