Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #46  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
Well...my day has just taken a gigantic turn for the worse. My fiancee just called to let me know that he lost his job. It's been a rollercoaster year for him and none of it good. He left a job in October that he had been at for over 4 years, for what looked like an amazing opportunity. He was there for 11 weeks, at 12 weeks his benefits and everything would have kicked in, and boom, they let him go..."restructuring" He was out of work until April and then finally took the first job someone offered him, which was not something that paid well, or that he enjoyed, but it was work none the less. He was there for a couple months when they decided that they couldn't justify having an extra person on staff...and he was let go. He found another job within a week this time, again not something that he had experience in, but it paid a little better and he found it quick so he went with it. Next week he would have been there 12 weeks and would start to get his benefits etc., and they let him go. Is this the new trend??? Promise people benefits and security after 3 months so they will take a lower paying position and then let them go just before everything kicks in?? So I guess our wedding is on hold again, and we are back to square one. So disappointing, but also it's been so difficult for him, I can only imagine how he is feeling...he's starting to question himself... I really hope he's able to find something again soon, something that he actually enjoys and wants to do. I miss the happy him...
That's aweful. Hopefully all the bad luck is behind you and he will find a better job quickly.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #47  

Bella: So sorry about your financee' I hope it all works out soon!

I've been super busy and lurking/reading but not joining in. I can't get access @ work 2 days/week (I'd only check during breaks). I put off this week's WI until tomorrow due to a migraine on Monday. I've been off my migraine meds, trying to live without them since I'm eating so clean but I must have another trigger in addition to food additives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Okay just curious here...does anyone feel weighloss slows down or have a gain when they are stressed or have lack of sleep? Just not feeling it this week and feel so bloated and no BM since Sunday. Take the NoviLax on a daily basis so thinking the stress from work and lack of sleep (about 4 hrs a night) might be contributing.

Any experiences to share or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
We have more hormones in addition to estrogen, that everyone comments on. Insulin is a hormone. We have thyroid hormones. We also have Coritisol, which is a stress hormone and DOES stop/slow weight loss. Lack of sleep also increases cortisol.

I've been learning more about this and 2 other weight related hormones: Leptin and Ghrelin. Leptin is the "shut off the hunger" hormone. I want more of that one!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #48  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I guess that's how I kept up my size denial, since the mirror can fool your mind, but pictures don't lie. Now that I am at goal though I still see myself as the old me in the mirror - I need to remember to take more pictures for that reality check!
That's a really good idea- not sure I am ready for that right now, but as I get closer to goal, I think this would help me be honest with myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
Well...my day has just taken a gigantic turn for the worse. My fiancee just called to let me know that he lost his job. It's been a rollercoaster year for him and none of it good. He left a job in October that he had been at for over 4 years, for what looked like an amazing opportunity. He was there for 11 weeks, at 12 weeks his benefits and everything would have kicked in, and boom, they let him go..."restructuring" He was out of work until April and then finally took the first job someone offered him, which was not something that paid well, or that he enjoyed, but it was work none the less. He was there for a couple months when they decided that they couldn't justify having an extra person on staff...and he was let go. He found another job within a week this time, again not something that he had experience in, but it paid a little better and he found it quick so he went with it. Next week he would have been there 12 weeks and would start to get his benefits etc., and they let him go. Is this the new trend??? Promise people benefits and security after 3 months so they will take a lower paying position and then let them go just before everything kicks in?? So I guess our wedding is on hold again, and we are back to square one. So disappointing, but also it's been so difficult for him, I can only imagine how he is feeling...he's starting to question himself... I really hope he's able to find something again soon, something that he actually enjoys and wants to do. I miss the happy him...
So, so sorry- job loss is so stressful and so demeaning. My husband and I went through that rollercoaster a few years ago, and it was both of us. Hang in there with him. Don't let him question himself- there are so many people going through the same thing, but they are not a vocal group, so it's easy to start feeling like you're the only one. Hang in there!

If you can keep your relationship strong through this, then you can get through anything!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Good Morning!
Day of of Phase 3 - and having blueberries for breakfast was amazing. "What is this strange sweet taste on my tongue?" Blueberries in yogurt, plus scrambled egg whites on an english muffin with a little butter. HOORAY!

Was worried about the expected 2-5 pound gain in Phase 3 - but this is totally worth it.

Happy happy joy joy.

Wishing you all a grand day.
Mmmmmmm ... an English muffin!!! LOL
Old 09-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #50  
Start IP (again) 7/31/13

S/C/G: 231.2/224.4/131

Height: 5'4"

Never thought I would leave my WI happy about a gain!! Yep, 1.2lb gain this week, but I actually lost 3.2lbs of fat, and had a gain of 4.4lbs of lean mass. I know that more muscle=more fat burn!! Had I just seen the scale number without the other numbers I would have been really bummed. It just goes to show that there is more to weight loss then just the number on the scale.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Default Nsv

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Been wearing this boot on my foot so long now, that I forgot that would be everyone's focus. Oh well, no NSVs for me today.

Back to work.
Molly
Well I have a NSV for YOU! Your posts are lovely and inspirational! Thank you for all the wisdom of your journey that you share!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

WI#8 and down 4.4 lbs for a total of 37.4 lbs!!

40 lbs is SO close, I can taste it!!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #53  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Good Morning!
Day of of Phase 3 - and having blueberries for breakfast was amazing. "What is this strange sweet taste on my tongue?" Blueberries in yogurt, plus scrambled egg whites on an english muffin with a little butter. HOORAY!

Was worried about the expected 2-5 pound gain in Phase 3 - but this is totally worth it.

Happy happy joy joy.

Wishing you all a grand day.
WOW - blueberries and an english muffin ... this is what I dream of! 2 1/2 weeks .... and I'll be joining you!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Oh Happy Day...THANK YOU all for your wishes, prayers, good thoughts and love sent my way. My friend got the very best news! Something they never even considered. She has an ulcer at the base of her esophagus, no problem at all with her band. The doc actually said that her lap band is the best one he has ever seen this far post op. So they did biopsy it to make sure it is all okay...meds to mend the ulcer and she is good to go again and can get her band refilled and get back on the losing end of the game again. I was so thrilled when the doc came out to tell us his findings that I got all teary eyed again...for sure can feel the estrogen pumping out of my fat cells..that is twice in two days...I am NOT normally a crier. So thank you all again!!! The power of this group is unstoppable.

: hug:
Old 09-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #55  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Oh Happy Day...THANK YOU all for your wishes, prayers, good thoughts and love sent my way. My friend got the very best news! Something they never even considered. She has an ulcer at the base of her esophagus, no problem at all with her band. The doc actually said that her lap band is the best one he has ever seen this far post op. So they did biopsy it to make sure it is all okay...meds to mend the ulcer and she is good to go again and can get her band refilled and get back on the losing end of the game again. I was so thrilled when the doc came out to tell us his findings that I got all teary eyed again...for sure can feel the estrogen pumping out of my fat cells..that is twice in two days...I am NOT normally a crier. So thank you all again!!! The power of this group is unstoppable.

GREAT news!!!...for all!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post

That's wonderful news!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

So this is interesting
Just added up my calories for my first day on phase 3, including 16 ounces of protein ON TOP of the 450 calorie breakfast (plus veggies and one IP shake) and its really the same as my phase 2 calories. Funny, i thought it would much higher.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
WOW - blueberries and an english muffin ... this is what I dream of! 2 1/2 weeks .... and I'll be joining you!
Healthy Angie - so much texture and flavor! See you in a couple of weeks.!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
So this is interesting
Just added up my calories for my first day on phase 3, including 16 ounces of protein ON TOP of the 450 calorie breakfast (plus veggies and one IP shake) and its really the same as my phase 2 calories. Funny, i thought it would much higher.
Wow, that is interesting! It makes me feel better about Phase 3 too!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #60  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

does any one have an alternative idea to a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte????
Closed Thread