Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #61  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Hi SewingMomma- I start Phase 3 on Saturday. I'll be watching for your posts!

I've been stuck hovering around the same weight for several weeks, so am concerned i am going to gain on Phase 3 without the phase 2 losses to balance it out.

Need to keep focusing on the fact that i LOVE the way i look and IP got me there - so I don't have to focus on a number on the scale.

But, totally ready to move on = looking forward to fruit and cheese for breakfast. And, looking forward to Phase 4 - the second day of Phase 4 is my 5th anniversary, and my DH has already made dinner reservations. (He'll be on his last week of P1 then - but doesn't see a reason I can't have the double celebration with a night out.)
I'm feeling a lot better about starting Phase 3 after meeting with the nutritionist. I had a good handle on things before our appointment, and that made me feel good. I bought some Phase 3 breakfast supplies this morning -- berries, Greek yogurt, etc., My kids eat peanut butter every day, so I have plenty of it in stock. I just have to decide what I want to eat in the morning. LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thank you, My big girl panties are WAY to BIG for me now but I wear them anyways....lol...not buying anything new yet...lol....I wear my body shaper on top so that holds them up....lol....I just want everyone to know that YOU CAN be on this for a LONG time and NOT get bored and have major success and STILL STICK TO IT until you get to your goal!....This is a very DO-able plan..I LOVE IT!!!
I totally agree. I was on Phase 1 for 9 months and never got bored with the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I agree - Phase 2 was pretty easy to jump on to - pretty close to Phase 1. The baby steps from Phase 1 to Phase 3 is really awesome on this program I must say. I still don't quite have the hang of Phase 4 yet though...but I didn't really prep myself as well as I had in the previous Phases.

At the 10 year reunion I was in a 'miserable time' of my life, hence my peak weight - I *think* it was ~240lb, but at that point I stopped weighing myself and just dug in my heels trying to work full time and finish up grad school - in hindsight I wish I would have just gone straight through and gotten my Bachelor's and Masters back-to-back. Working & school was tough - and my weight definitely showed it. I am glad I went and saw folks though.

And I hope you enjoy the Phase 3 recipes! I put a good amount of planning into some of those.
I really have to start thinking about Phase 4. It's always been some time in the future for me, and now it's 2 weeks away! I'll probably stick pretty close to phase 3 in my eating because I'm happy with the lunches and dinners that I have been eating.

I went straight through. I got my PhD in 1999, got married in 2000, had a baby in 2001 and another in 2004! Whew that was a busy time. I was an administrator at LSU while I was writing my dissertation and continued to work there until my second child was born. Then, I decided to become a stay-at-home mom. I was burned out on my career and have loved every minute of being a SAHM.

Quote:
This made me LOL! I also take pride in my shopping cart nowadays and have gotten several comments from the clerks about being so 'healthy' - and that reminds me to try out fennel soon...one veggie on my 'to do' list.
I do too! I've been switching my family over to a whole foods diet while I was on Phase 1. So they're eating a lot healthier these days. Our food bill has skyrocketed, but health is more important than $$!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I have the same responses in the grocery checkout line. "What are you making?" Especially in the "deep fried" rural south, they're amazed at all my veggies, well what selection I can find. The selection is not the greatest.

Okay now, I missed Liz's fajita seasoning recommendation. Please share. Having spent 20 years in So. Calif, I love cooking and eating Mexican food.

Taking a break from my work at home. Foot is still healing, VERY slowly though. At least it's easier to get my water in here as the bathroom is soooo close by.

Have a great OP day
Molly
I hope your foot heals really soon! At least you can work from home!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #62  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I ordered a new "coat" from LL Bean this summer. I had some reward certificates, so I got it for free. It's really just a fleece jacket. I felt comfortable getting a new one because I was close to goal when I ordered it. I can get by with a fleece jacket and a few sweatshirts/hoodies. My old coat was a 3X, so it really wouldn't work for me anymore.
You sound just like me. I gave away the 3x of course, as you could fit two of me now in there. Last winter I only needed a fleece jacket I got from LL Bean as it was a pretty mild winter, but that was a 1x. I tried it on the other day hoping I could get away with it because I may only need it here and there for a couple of months at most, but I looked silly in it because it was way too big now too. So I guess I'm buying again, but at least this time I can keep the jacket from year to year. It did snow here for about a day two years ago, and got pretty cold, but that only happens maybe once every ten years. Like you, a fleece jacket, a sweatshirt or some warm pull over sweaters will usually do the trick.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #63  

Quote:
I've been switching my family over to a whole foods diet while I was on Phase 1. So they're eating a lot healthier these days. Our food bill has skyrocketed, but health is more important than $$!
My husband was just commenting the other day on how much more we are spending on food these days. I reminded him that's what happens when you go organic, cage free and grass fed. It's all as you say for our health, and the food taste so much better also.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #64  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

made the zuchinni chips and i have to say they are ..life changing..no seriously crazy good..ordered my dehydrator online and it was so worth it ..love how crispy they are now i will try turnip chips..
Old 09-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #65  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
That's the stuff! My dad has high blood pressure and my mom used that in lieu of salt to cut down on his sodium - literally was always a big jar on our table. I use it on everything - beef, chicken breasts, kale chips, zuke chips, cauliflower, etc. I didn't realize they were San Antonio based, guess I wouldn't notice since they are on all the store shelves when I was growing up....in San Antonio! I like their Taco Seasoning a lot as well, other stuff I would buy had sugar in it - didn't notice all that hidden sugar until IP!
Oh, I need taco seasoning too. I saw something else on their website that I can order at the same time. Thank you, Liz! Love the Mexican food.

Thanks again!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

Quote:
Just finishing phase 2. It's really not that much different from phase 1. I liked having protein @ lunch. I start phase 3 tomorrow. We're in this together!!!
Glad to hear I'm not alone
Old 09-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

All I can say about today is WOW! I have been a teary...blubbery...smiling girl all day.

Ok so here is my results for today's WI. - 2 lbs, -.50% body fat, -.6 lean mass and my hydration went up almost .1. I suddenly and unexpectedly moved into "acceptable" on the body fat chart. That NSV was the cause of all my emotional...girly tears. I don't know if it is because I didn't expect it to happen yet or if it is hormones.

I am officially over the 50 lb lost mark as of this WI! I would have thought that would be the cause of tears...but no it was seeing everything on my chart with the exception of my hydration move from the orange to the yellow. (My hydration is always green.) I guess I didn't realize I was watching for that transition so closely or that it meant so much to me. It is odd how I have mini goals that I didn't know I had.

I did change my goal back to 140. Deidre (my coach) agreed that was a good move. She said it is rare to see women that really belong at 135..."unless your in your twenties". Especially given my muscle tone. I did talk to her about a modified phase off and she doesn't seem too keen on it. She said the purpose of Phase II is to add calories without adding carbs. So perhaps my Phase II will be two protein packets for dinner rather than 1. When I shared my view of my lifestyle (maintenance) she said it looked great...very balanced. I explained that I believe my maintenance will be like Phase 3 for me with occasional dips into Phase 4. She said that was great, actually what they recommend. They believe sticking with Phase 3 is more balanced and will lead to less chance of gaining or a need for reboots. It was good to have had that conversation with her. I am glad that she agrees that I have my maintenance plan where it should be.

If there is a way for me to share an excel work book on the forum I would be happy to share...just need someone to tutor me on how to get it out here.

Last edited by Meadow Wheeler; 09-17-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #68  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
All I can say about today is WOW! I have been a teary...blubbery...smiling girl all day.

Ok so here is my results for today's WI. - 2 lbs, -.50% body fat, -.6 lean mass and my hydration went up almost .1. I suddenly and unexpectedly moved into "acceptable" on the body fat chart.
What a trill! I am so happy for you! You can make 140 no problem!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #69  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
We are heading to Cody next weekend to visit my SIL and do some shopping. My kids love all the fun little shops and we will of course hit the museum.
I LOVE Cody! My sister and brother-in-law live there and are both 4th grade teachers. They have an annual pass to Yellowstone. I visited in June and was SO excited to see a BEAR!!! We also saw moose, elk, deer, mountain sheep, bison, eagles and fox. It was a fabulous trip. I hope you have a great time! Shopping is fun there!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #70  

Quote:

Ok so here is my results for today's WI. - 2 lbs, -.50% body fat, -.6 lean mass and my hydration went up almost .1. I suddenly and unexpectedly moved into "acceptable" on the body fat chart. That NSV was the cause of all my emotional...girly tears. I don't know if it is because I didn't expect it to happen yet or if it is hormones.

I am officially over the 50 lb lost mark as of this WI! I would have thought that would be the cause of tears...but no it was seeing everything on my chart with the exception of my hydration move from the orange to the yellow. (My hydration is always green.) I guess I didn't realize I was watching for that transition so closely or that it meant so much to me. It is odd how I have mini goals that I didn't know I had.

I did change my goal back to 140. Deidre (my coach) agreed that was a good move. She said it is rare to see women that really belong at 135..."unless your in your twenties". Especially given my muscle tone. I did talk to her about a modified phase off and she doesn't seem too keen on it. She said the purpose of Phase II is to add calories without adding carbs. So perhaps my Phase II will be two protein packets for dinner rather than 1. When I shared my view of my lifestyle (maintenance) she said it looked great...very balanced. I explained that I believe my maintenance will be like Phase 3 for me with occasional dips into Phase 4. She said that was great, actually what they recommend. They believe sticking with Phase 3 is more balanced and will lead to less chance of gaining or a need for reboots. It was good to have had that conversation with her. I am glad that she agrees that I have my maintenance plan where it should be.

If there is a way for me to share an excel work book on the forum I would be happy to share...just need someone to tutor me on how to get it out here.
Congrats Meadow for crossing over the 50lb mark!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #71  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrow View Post
These threads are so inspiring. I have been so hungry the past few days, and these NSV's that I keep reading about, keep me going. I cannot wait to have a few of my own. Congrats to all!
Sharrow, you are probably having lots of your own NSV but I think you'll notice some major changes soon. I started IP at exact weight as you (lost 4 pounds pre-IP but I'm counting those so that's why my ticker starts at 223). I'm hoping to go to 160 too. I didn't notice or feel THAT much different right where you are now, but I'm a few weeks past you and the clothes are fitting so much nicer, compliments are coming in by the ton... I think you'll find in 10 pounds more you'll be really noticing everything a little differently. Like I said yesterday, my wristslook skinnier as I type! Soon you'll be ditchin' your "big girl panties" for real and shopping off the regular racks too! WOOOoooo hooooo

Last edited by IP43; 09-17-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #72  

Quote:

HAPPY HAPPY NEWS MEADOW!!!! Congratulations on 50 lbs gone!! That is HUGE!! Thinking of 50 lbs of butter and I think where was it all?? I'm so proud of you!!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #73  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

WOO HOOO!!! Congrats on the loss AND on the changes in your "categories"! I can totally relate, I was so stoked that I'm on the verge of moving from "obese" on the BMI scale to "overweight". It makes you feel like you're regaining control of yourself. Definitely worth every happy tear you shed!

RE: Sharing the workbook - if you can upload it or recreate it in Google Drive/Google Docs, you can share the link to the spreadsheet here. If you need help with the settings to make it public, you can always check in with me or one of the other techy-savvy folks here
Old 09-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #74  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
I would have thought that would be the cause of tears...but no it was seeing everything on my chart with the exception of my hydration move from the orange to the yellow.
I totally get what you're saying. I was sooo excited when I had a WI and said to people at work "Hey! I'm not morbidly obese anymore!! I'm JUST Obese now!!..." .... they didn't get my excitement. LOL.

Congrats on your great progress. My Obese frame sends your REGULAR one a big hug! I'll expect it back when I'm joining you in the yellow zone!

Last edited by IP43; 09-17-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #75  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
...I'm on the verge of moving from "obese" on the BMI scale to "overweight". It makes you feel like you're regaining control of yourself. Definitely worth every happy tear you shed!
HEY! You've given me hope! Am I on the "verge" of being JUST overweight now too?? I'm asking my coach at WI tomorrow! I usually weigh in at 4pm and am doing 7:00 AM tomorrow so I should lose 3 pounds just by
"weigh-light savings time" (hee, hee)
Closed Thread