Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 09/14/2012

[quote]Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19 [quote]
Old 09-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

TGIF Ladies stuck at work on a Friday today. Hope you all have a great Friday.

Regaurds
Jamie
Old 09-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #3  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning eveyone! Chilly day in Chicago today! I think Fall has officially arrived. Have a great day!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/180/140

Height: 5' 6"

Happy Friday Everyone!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Good day and happy Friday.........not me so happy, have to work all weekend 12 hr shifts. Oh well, some one has to do it Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Happy Friday everyone!!

I have a quick question for you all. Many of you have experienced higher levels of energy after the first few days of this diet. I'm on day 5 and feeling good. Im not quite as tired during the day but I'm still not getting that bouncing out of bed early feeling that I was looking forward to. I still have to drag my lazy rear out of bed and hit snooze a few times . How long did it take you to get to this stage, if you did? I'm still hoping it will happen but not sure. Haha.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #7  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Happy Friday everyone!!

I have a quick question for you all. Many of you have experienced higher levels of energy after the first few days of this diet. I'm on day 5 and feeling good. Im not quite as tired during the day but I'm still not getting that bouncing out of bed early feeling that I was looking forward to. I still have to drag my lazy rear out of bed and hit snooze a few times . How long did it take you to get to this stage, if you did? I'm still hoping it will happen but not sure. Haha.

Have a great day all!
This has been one of my questions for a looong time, and I'm on week ten. I've concluded that it just doesn't happen for some people, unfortunately.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Happy Friday everyone!!

Have a great day all!
I NEVER got to the stage of energy some people do. Not all do. I still have to hit snooze and still go to bed early. Just not as tired mid-afternoon.

Happy Friday. Have a great OP day.
Molly
Old 09-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Happy Friday Morning,

To answer the energy question...I was like you the first time I did IP (dragging all day long, cold and sleepy). This time around, I have tons of energy and I can't figure out what I did differently? I have no idea why the body reacts the way it does. Maybe go to Dr. Tran's website and ask why some people sem to have amazing energy and some are exhausted through the diet. I wonder if it is some mineral missing? Good luck and push through!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #10  
SMB

S/C/G: 205/189/140

Height: 5'4"

The tisane tea...can I drink it freely, or is there a limit?
Old 09-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #11  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Happy Friday everyone!!

Have a great day all!
I'm glad you asked this! I'm on week six and my energy over the last three weeks has drained. I didn't know if maybe I was lacking something because I'm vegetarian or not. Yesterday I added in a B50 to my day, and I did feel better. I'm not sure if this is the missing link or not, but I'm hoping so. So we'll see.

I'd love to have all that energy that people talk about.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Happy Friday everyone!!

Have a great day all!
I am in week 8 and have never really gotten a "burst" of energy - but I've noticed my stamina is a little better every week. I still hate mornings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMB View Post
The tisane tea...can I drink it freely, or is there a limit?
If it's just an herbal/decaf tea that you steep with water, you can drink it freely. If it has caffeine just make sure you add an extra glass of water for every cup after the first.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/198/145

Height: 5"8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Good Morning eveyone! Chilly day in Chicago today! I think Fall has officially arrived. Have a great day!
I'm in Chicago too - well the northwest suburbs. It was cold this morning!!! At least it's going to reach about 75 today!

Happy Friday in the Chi!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 198/198/145

Height: 5"8"

Quote:
Happy Friday everyone!!

Have a great day all!
I'm on my second week, and have not gotten a burst of energy. It's almost the same as I felt while I was pregnant, I can make it through the day, but once I leave work, take care of the kids and finally get them to bed, I am pooped!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 130/123/115

Height: 5'

Quote:
Happy Friday everyone!!

Have a great day all!
Hi,
My first question would be, are you getting in enough water? and salt? It is vitally important on any high protein diet. Your kidneys are now working SO much harder than when we consume carbs.
I would err on the side of more than less water for a few days and see if that helps.

Gotta remember too that most of us are switching from eating lots of carbs and sugar, so it make take several days for your whole body to adjust, everyone is unique.

After the first week, you should be feeling more energy. Most people notice the change in energy right around day 5 on a high protein diet. But water is key!! ( I personally have to force it but I do b/c it's so important)

Fatigue is a clue that your body needs something... sleep, water....many things. (Fyi, if you get lower leg cramps and fatique then you need to go see your Dr. ...not to scare but to inform)
The human body is an amazing well oiled machine, capable of handling a lot, your paying attention to the signs is smart!

Keep at it...it's SO worth it.
Bet you'll be feeling fab in a few days
Closed Thread