IP Weekend Chat - Saturday 9/15-Sunday 9/16

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: Warning this maybe TMI!

Okay so I have been having TOM for 15 days now. What the heck? I am usually a 7 day cycle person. I have read through numerous threads and it seems that some people get TOM early or late but I haven't read anywhere of someone getting it for longer. This is my second cycle on IP the first was normal. Anyone else having similar issues?

Sassy
    It says in the info it can affect your cycle and for me, I was just about done a cycle when I started IP and the joy of my TOM continued on for another 2 weeks! The last cycle I had was also 17 days long (with spotting in between them)... I'm on PMS that never ends... poor hubby!
  • Quote: It says in the info it can affect your cycle and for me, I was just about done a cycle when I started IP and the joy of my TOM continued on for another 2 weeks! The last cycle I had was also 17 days long (with spotting in between them)... I'm on PMS that never ends... poor hubby!

Thank you!! I was going crazy. I hope this settles down. My hubby is also suffering, lol!

Sassy
  • Quote: Not sure if I can link this, but I'll try... I use a meal planning/shopping list combo so that meal planning happens before grocery shopping by default. Since I'm trying to maintain typical family eating while on IP I have been using this printable faithfully.

http://www.lifeinyellow.com/2012/03/...free-download/

Have a wonderful weekend Ladies!!!
    Thanks! I will definitely check it out. I usually use the Cozi meal planner (the menu section of www.cozi.com online calendar) because it's also where I store my recipes, but I'm always looking for a better tool!

Quote: Afternoon all. I hope you are all having an easier time than me staying OP. I've been to the Harvest Fest church picnic with the grand kids and there was so much good smelling food. The kids came home with me to stay all night and they brought third fruit loops and gold fish crackers with them. And then DH brought home jelly filled long johns. This is killing me. Oh please give me strength!!!!
    Quote: Warning this maybe TMI!

BE STRONG!! You can do it!

Okay so I have been having TOM for 15 days now. What the heck? I am usually a 7 day cycle person. I have read through numerous threads and it seems that some people get TOM early or late but I haven't read anywhere of someone getting it for longer. This is my second cycle on IP the first was normal. Anyone else having similar issues?

Sassy
    Totally normal. Estrogen stores in the fat cells, so as you lose it will be released into your body. It can result in longer, early, more frequent or late periods depending on how your body responds. Mine came 3 weeks late but I also have other hormone issues (Hashimoto's hypothyroid) so I expected weird stuff to happen.
  • Sweetner
    I have only been on IP for a week and a half now. I have heard some conflicting things about sweetners. I know that Stevia or splenda is the sweetner we should use. But my question is...is there a limit to how much you can use? I here some say no and some say yes only 4 packets a day. I just want to make sure I am doing this right.
  • Quote: I have only been on IP for a week and a half now. I have heard some conflicting things about sweetners. I know that Stevia or splenda is the sweetner we should use. But my question is...is there a limit to how much you can use? I here some say no and some say yes only 4 packets a day. I just want to make sure I am doing this right.
    The thing to remember is that even "no-calorie, no carb" sweeteners still have SOME Carbs, but it's less than 1 carb per serving so legally they can label it as zero carbs.

You can use those sweeteners, but it's better to limit to a few times per day. More than six uses per day adds up to almost as many carbs as the lower carb IP packets.
  • Happy Saturday! Down another 2.4lbs and trying out a tomato basil soup "pizza" for dinner! Have a great weekend!
  • Quote: Not sure if I can link this, but I'll try... I use a meal planning/shopping list combo so that meal planning happens before grocery shopping by default. Since I'm trying to maintain typical family eating while on IP I have been using this printable faithfully.

http://www.lifeinyellow.com/2012/03/...free-download/

Have a wonderful weekend Ladies!!!
    Hey thanks! I may have to get into this century and get a phone with an "APP" but till that time, paper and pen will have to do for this chick. My hubby always wants me to "make a list" (apparently I have a shopping problem! LOL "Just a few items..." always ends up in a cart full! Hey! Can I help it if stuff goes on sale?? Anyway,maybe if I made my "list" and checked it twice, like Santa, I could cut down on having to make so much "fridge bottom soup" with all the leftover shrivelling veggies at the end of the week
  • I'm trying to do "new things" so made some rutabega fries today and will give them a thumbs up. Also made tomato soup flatbread and not sure what I did wrong, but Rainbow warned me it was very "pepto bismal pink"... not wrong my friend! You failed to mention that I might NEED Pepto after eating it tho! LOL

I'm gonna try to salvage it into a "pizza" tomorrow -- somehow. I bought a "herb and parmesan" spice that's /0/0/0 so maybe a sprinkle of that with a bit of chicken??... anyway, tomato basil soup "bread" is a "miss" for me. I think I should try a "mug cake" next to make up for this fiasco
  • Quote: I'm trying to do "new things" so made some rutabega fries today and will give them a thumbs up. Also made tomato soup flatbread and not sure what I did wrong, but Rainbow warned me it was very "pepto bismal pink"... not wrong my friend! You failed to mention that I might NEED Pepto after eating it tho! LOL

I'm gonna try to salvage it into a "pizza" tomorrow -- somehow. I bought a "herb and parmesan" spice that's /0/0/0 so maybe a sprinkle of that with a bit of chicken??... anyway, tomato basil soup "bread" is a "miss" for me. I think I should try a "mug cake" next to make up for this fiasco
    i hear ya, ip tomato soup is not my thing either......and i heart pink...just not ip version!!
    skip the mug cake and make the amaretto chocolate cake!!
    trust me....it is divine!!!! see the recipe thread for recipe!
  • Quote: Happy Saturday! Down another 2.4lbs and trying out a tomato basil soup "pizza" for dinner! Have a great weekend!
    yeah!!!! another 2.4 pounds!! way to go!!
  • Down 4 pounds today at weigh in! Yay! Oh I am also past the half way mark to my goal!
  • Quote: Down 4 pounds today at weigh in! Yay! Oh I am also past the half way mark to my goal!
    You've got this! Way to go!

Quote: Warning this maybe TMI!

Sassy
    I don't know if this would help if you're not peri-menapausal, but when I was having similar problems in my 40s I would rub a teaspoon of progesterone cream on my skin (arms, belly, any fatty area) daily and the flooding stopped as did the hot flashes. You can get it over the counter at any drug store.

Quote: Today was weigh-in day and I am down another 2.1 pounds. I can't go to the clinic next week, so I am hoping for a big loss in two weeks. I have had a hard time with cravings this past week. I want them to go away! I want to lose more that 14 pounds by November 17, so 14 pounds in 9 weeks, still seems doable. My total weight loss so far is 50.5 pounds.
    I know you will meet and exceed that goal!

Quote:
    I have seen where some of you have to buy a whole box at a time...that would kill me. What do you do with ones you can't eat? I guess I am lucky that our coach allows us to buy just packets. I thought that was mainly so you didn't have extras sitting around that might be a temptation. I really don't know what I would do with a whole box
    At my clinic you have to buy the whole box, but they have a large basket on one of the shelves wher people drop off packets that they don't like. Then you can pick up a packet that someone else dropped off. Seems to work pretty well, but I haven't bought a product I didn't like yet. Of course I'm that way with food in general. I ally should be more picky!
  • I tried a new recipe tonight - roasted radishes. And they were surprisingly good! Tasted a "little bit" like roasted potatoes. All you do is wash and quarter the radishes, toss them with a small amount of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast them on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. You can also sautee them in a pan on the stove if you want. They get soft and do kind of taste like potatoes.
  • Quote: Down 4 pounds today at weigh in! Yay! Oh I am also past the half way mark to my goal!
    You are doing awesome! Thanks for being an inspiration.
  • Quote: I track my eating on myfitnesspal.com (just to get in the habit for after Phase 1). I looked at my last few weeks, I average between 35-40 total carbs per day not Net carbs.
    Thanks so much for the information, I really appreciate it. It was just getting a little confusing with the carbs vs: net carbs.

Have a great Sunday and cheers to everyone who has had a weight loss and those NSV!!!

Also I tried the jicama fries, whoa they certainly do shrink alot when baking. Now on to the rutabaga gratin.