Day 3 and no symptoms?

• So, I was prepared for a rough first week....but I am on day 3 and other than having a mild headache yesterday I have no realy symptoms other than a weird taste in my mouth if I go too long without water or food. I know I should not complain but I also want to know I am in Ketosis and everything I have read says that you are startving/light headed etc until you enter Ketosis. I was a fairly healthy eater before and fairly low carb so I am hoping that this has just made the transition easier, but I am also worried that I am doing something wrong. I did eat a little too much fish the first day because I did not think to measure before cooking.

As anyone had this experience? Is there a way to test if you are in Ketosis?
  • Welcome!

I also did not experience too much within the first week. The cravings and fatigue did however get worse the second and third weeks when the weight loss changes became obvious as well. Try to stay 100% for the first month or so, yes measuring everything, you can be a little lax thereafter.

I know there is something called ketosis strips found in drug stores, but have no personal experience with them.
  • It's probably because you were a low carb eater prior to IP. Just be thankful you don't have all those carb withdrawal symptoms.

I've read other peoples post about the ketosis strips and they are not accurate.If you are following protocal, then you shouldnt worry about it.

IP should be breeze for you since you were low carb anyway.
  • Welcome!

And congrats, my day 2 and 3 were terrible and it's was only ever up from there
  • Quote: It's probably because you were a low carb eater prior to IP.
    Agreed- I was the opposite of a low carb eater, and I felt like I was being tortured
  • That "weird taste" in your mouth is probably ketones, which some people do experience when they are in ketosis. It's kind of a metallic-sweet thing.
  • Quote: Agreed- I was the opposite of a low carb eater, and I felt like I was being tortured
    You and me both. My boss said he had me on suicide watch on day 2.
  • Welcome!! You can find the sticks at walgreens. This is the brand i buy. Ketostix Reagent Strips For Urinalysis
  • Thanks ladies...I am following to a tee...except that 2 out of 3 days I have had 4 packets because I eat breakfast very early and find I need something. I am going to try to wean myself off that this weekend
  • This is my day 3 also. Yesterday, I had a terrible headache. This morning no headache. I hope it stays that way throughout the day. It's probably because you were already eating low carb.