Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #46  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpersons View Post
Thanks for the Woosh explanation!

As far as the veggie confusion....I don't know. I am still too new to the plan. Will ask my coach at first WI next week.
Here's the reality... Eat what's on the sheet and you will loose... don't worry about which veggies are higher in carbs. Just eat what the sheet tells you and it will come off. I eat Spinach 2 times a day every day but some weeks I have lost only a little and some a lot more.... so don't worry.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #47  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauthier View Post
Looks GREAT!!!! You are beautiful!
Wow! Fantastic!

Looks like your new pants are even loose !!!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
So Cut all my hair off last night... 10.5 inches. It is glorious to have my short hair again. I let it grow out because it made my chubby face look chubbier... well since that is going away I figured why not. I call this look my Shirley Temple look.
I attached a photo below.

So today's quote is:

We fail because we don't strike the iron while it's hot. We don't take immediate action toward achieving what we want. We decide to wait until tomorrow, or next week, or even next month.

For many of us getting healthy has been the thing we wait on the most. Now that you are getting healthy is there anything else you are waiting on?
What a pretty haircut for you!!

I haven't cut my hair in a year, and it's growing like weeds...so very long. I think I am going to get it cut when I reach 50lbs!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTraveleronIP View Post
Hi, scorbett1103, Denver, Colorado. My husband and I relocated here in May 2011. I'm not familiar with the area you mentioned, but I am still learning the state. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, I usually am on only in the morning before work.
I'm in Denver too, in Congress Park.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #50  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Enjoy your Thusday, Big Daddy!
I have a WI tomorrow instead of the usual Saturday, so I can get the scoop on a vacation phase off. Excited. DH and I are headed to the beach in 2 weeks for a belated anniversary week. Wow, 32 years! Anyway, I'm interested to "practice" some other phases as I'm getting closer to goal.
Stay OP y'all!
Congratulations on 32 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2012 View Post
Good Morning!! Today is my first day on IP and looking forward to many weeks of success. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Welcome! I am starting week 3 and this has been an amazing resource for recipes, ideas, and support.

Quote:
So Cut all my hair off last night... 10.5 inches. It is glorious to have my short hair again. I let it grow out because it made my chubby face look chubbier... well since that is going away I figured why not. I call this look my Shirley Temple look.
I attached a photo below.
Love the haircut!

Just had my week 2 weigh-in and was down another 4lbs. Pretty happy with that considering its my TOM YAY!! so fun. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #51  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Very nice! As you can probably tell, I'm a fan of short hair myself...

There's a special kind of freedom in not having to mess with it - and I can be out the door in 30 minutes from the time I get in the shower, makeup and all!

Last edited by Lizzy63; 09-13-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #52  

hello,im new also my first weigh in i lost 5 1/2 lbs and 1 in. around my thighs,waist,and hips.i hope to be as far as some of you one day.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #53  
Restart IP 8/29/12

S/C/G: 191/167/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Here's the reality... Eat what's on the sheet and you will loose... don't worry about which veggies are higher in carbs. Just eat what the sheet tells you and it will come off. I eat Spinach 2 times a day every day but some weeks I have lost only a little and some a lot more.... so don't worry.
Just got back from my WI and that is exactly what my coach said. (She is a nutritionist). But I will mix it up since I have gotten to like more veggies. Gonna try grilled asparagus today.

Btw down another 3lbs. That is 20 in 5 weeks OP!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone! So today is day three for me and I am feeling good. Feeling good about making changes and moving in the right direction again.

I have read through the pages this morning and it is inspiring to see pictures and hear the success stories...keep 'em coming!

Regarding all the hair talk...I made a decision a few years ago that I was not going to get any length cut off of my hair until I was at my goal weight, I lost about 60 pounds and kind of plateaued for a long time. I did end up at my stylists recommendation getting about 4 inches of dead cut off a while back, but for the most part it is still long. I have always had chubby, dimpled cheeks and when I was thin I loved the look of short hair on me...it was sassy. But as I gained weight over the years for some reason I thought and still do think that the longer hair sort of hides or elongates my very fat face and chins. So depending on where my weight falls off first (usually it is my bust and butt) I might change that goal up a bit and get a new fresh hair cut, at least something with a style when I am at -20 pounds. I think it will be a way for rewarding myself and at the same time starting to let go of the "hiding" so to speak.

I hope everyone has a great day and shoots for 100% OP!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 328/280/245

Height: 6'4

Hey everyone! Starting back on IP fell off due to family loss and a lot of traveling. Gained about 28Lb and ready to start again!!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 149/149/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!! I'm new to this message board. I just started IP on Tuesday, I'm on Day 3. I am so glad I found this board for support. So far I am finding the diet not too bad, the hardest part for me is no drinking. ( I love my glass of wine at night with dinner!) I am committed to staying on track and losing 20 or more pounds. I am excited to see how many people have achieved great success with the plan and so quickly...
I look forward to chatting more with you ladies
Ainsley
Old 09-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpersons View Post
Made the Seafood Salad recipe got from coach and was very good. Nice to know some of the recipes out there are good.
Oh please, do share!!! I love seafood!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #58  
megs3

S/C/G: 164/164/130

Height: 5"2

Default Day 2 OP

Good Morning everyone,
I am day two OP and am excited to get this weight off. I love reading everyones positive comments makes it much easier as I am pretty hungry already. Oh well pushing through!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #59  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
I'm in Denver too, in Congress Park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTraveleronIP View Post

Hi, scorbett1103, Denver, Colorado. My husband and I relocated here in May 2011. I'm not familiar with the area you mentioned, but I am still learning the state. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, I usually am on only in the morning before work.
Nice! Northglenn is about 20 minutes north of Denver, in Adams County. My uncle still lives in downtown Denver. I have so many wonderful memories out there!

Quote:
You look gorgeous! And glowingly happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
Good morning!

Quick question: I am helping a friend out with an event she is throwing tonight. It will be catered but I am not sure if there will be IP friendly food. I brought an extra salad with me to work. Do you think it is OK to have an unrestricted packet with my salad for dinner if there is not a lean meat option?

Thanks!!!
You can definitely do that - but you are going to need to add some protein either earlier in the day or after the event. The IP packets only contain about 18g of protein, and 8oz of meat is somewhere in the 40-50g range. You should consider the packet to be a little less than HALF of your dinnertime protein requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy for Life View Post
Hi everyone!! I'm new to this message board. I just started IP on Tuesday, I'm on Day 3. I am so glad I found this board for support. So far I am finding the diet not too bad, the hardest part for me is no drinking. ( I love my glass of wine at night with dinner!) I am committed to staying on track and losing 20 or more pounds. I am excited to see how many people have achieved great success with the plan and so quickly...
I look forward to chatting more with you ladies
Ainsley
Welcome! The one thing to remember when you are REALLY missing something is that Phase 1 is not forever. You will eventually be able to enjoy those things again...but with a better sense of moderation and how to maintain a healthier lifestyle. In the meantime, there's a wealth of good info here about making the diet work for you! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
GM everyone! Happy Thursday! I was reading on one of the boards recently that if you only eat broccoli or cauliflower that it will slow your weight loss. Is this true?
Here's my 2 cents on the veggies subject. IP is a diet that advertises dramatic weight loss. Some coaches seem to be overly focused on "making sure" that people hit those big numbers every week, and in a sense try to "play" the program. The thing is, every body is different. Some people are highly sensitive to carbs, so sticking with the lower carb veggies (and products) WILL work better for them. OTHER people have body chemistry that NEEDS carbs to work - and will stall the weight loss if they cut them out too much. The BEST thing you can do is just follow the protocol. Don't worry about high or low carb veggies, just eat your 4 cups of what you like on the list every day. If you ACTUALLY see a stall (like, 3 weeks of no losses), THEN take a look at what you've been eating. Until then, if it ain't broke, don't mess wit' it
Old 09-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #60  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Welcome back Mike, sorry for your loss. Make sure to check on the Men on IP Vol 2 thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...html!!...there are a lot of guys now on it and rocking this program!
Quote:
Originally Posted by repomike View Post
Hey everyone! Starting back on IP fell off due to family loss and a lot of traveling. Gained about 28Lb and ready to start again!!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 09-13-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Closed Thread