Old 09-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #61  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
This is the kind of advice and support that is worth paying for. Well said.
thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Wuv, you are fantastic. Just sayin'. You always seem to say the right thing to make folks feel comfortable.

Thanks for making this forum a welcoming place.
You are welcome, I speak only from my heart and the truth that I have become to know. Everyone should be welcomed
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I think the kool-aid comment was a bit over the top but you really shouldn't take it personally. How the heck are you supposed to know what is real and what isn't? This isn't a commentary on you or your thinking skills.

You get data - your brain processes it - you make a conclusion. From your perspective everything made sense.

The problem is that so many people have an agenda (to make money) that the truth is difficult to get to. Every website has a different idea on what the truth is and they're all rather convincing. I would urge you not to stick your head in the sand but to keep learning.

The fact is there is nothing special about IP foods. Protein properly stored has a shelf life of years and when exposed to the elements doesn't degrade fast. You were sold a bill of goods. It doesn't make you stupid or anything like it.
I'm quite aware I'm not stupid. And I don't take this personally - I have a much thicker skin than that. I just choose not to partake in conversations along these lines, 'cause what's the point? You (the royal you) believe what makes sense to you and I'll do the same. It's really that simple. And my head is nowhere near the sand, I've done a lot of research in this area as well. Again, we just draw different conclusions. That's that.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #63  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotahDaddy View Post
...The sad thing is that my "coach" knows this and tries to throw it in my face saying I cannot be successful without sticking with the IP packets and my life should be worth the expense and I would be willing to find a way to "get the money" to pay for this program so I can succeed....
While I understand that your coach is in business and her primary objective is to make money, NO ONE should be made to feel that they have to pay big fees to lose weight, and that the alternative to doing so is death. Ever. These are the tactics of a bully, and based on this alone, I would be either looking for a new coach or going out on my own.

IP is great- there is tons of evidence here to prove that. But we all must recoginze that it is not the only way to lose weight, or even the only effective way. Look around on 3FC- there are lots of other success stories with all sorts of plans. The key factor is doing what works for you and what you can stick with long term. If you are going to jeopardize your financial future to be on this diet, then I don't think it meets that criteria.

I don't doubt that the quality of IP foods is excellent. But I do doubt that their products are so unique that nothing else in the market is comparable. I congratulate all who have managed to conquer this demon and reach their goal, whether through a clinic, using alternatives, or on another plan altogether, because it gives me hope that I will one day do the same.

Last edited by GoalFor40; 09-14-2012 at 02:51 PM.
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #64  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Again, we just draw different conclusions. That's that.
Perhaps I've misjudged you.

What is your conclusion after reading the IP packet ingredient list I posted?

Also may I suggest you read this article and draw your own conclusion about how effective IP coaches will be at measuring body fat.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

John is actually correct about the body measurements, those scales are not accurate.

I want to make just a small point. I have a degree in BioChemistry and worked in research Chemistry for 25 yrs. I often took things in on the weekend and tested for accuracy. The fact is most bottled water tested the same as my local tap water, other than a little more ca & mg in local water. A lot of vitamins in the same bottle would test different concentrations, etc. I will tell you that if you buy the isolates you are getting a decent protein source. The EAS shakes test out fine. I love discussions like this, because some of the work I have done was for different props and the most interesting one I did was that OJ had as much lead in it (being grown along major highways) as old paint.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

She doesn't sound like a real 'people person,' to put it mildly, but I can understand her frustration. You probably paid something to get the initial consultation, but weekly visits are time, and she has to be paid a salary, so if the money is not coming from buying the food or supplements, then they will lose money. That, and she may feel it is a waste of her time because she is trained (supposedly) in what is in the IP products, not all the other ones.

If all you need out of a coach is the encouragement, just keep coming back here and do it on your own... You already know the basic info on IP and the rest of the phases are posted here too.

Good luck!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #67  
Started IP Aug 4th, 2012

S/C/G: 410/234/230

Height: 6'1"

I just received some news that may change the whole game for me, but before that I want to say a couple of things...

IPdivajen, I applaud your unwavering support for the IP product line. Looking at the results you've gotten using IP products has been nothing short of incredible. Whether they are better products or not, the evidence is there in your own results to suggest they are. I actually didn't start questioning them until I started getting poor results from them and was following the program right down the line. Then again, I strongly believe that the proper attitude plays a big role in whether or not you will be successful or not. I am trying very hard to remain positive and motivated but my coach is the one bringing me down with her accusations and comments... You seem to have found the right combination and it is working well for you. Congratulations!

wuv2bloved, You too have had astounding results and again, the right attitude to succeed. I am sure you are an amazing weight loss coach and your clients are very lucky to have you in their court (I know I would be). To see the success you have had it truely motivational in it's own right.

We all lose weight at different rates and success itself is very dependant on the person as well as the product / program. I believe in IP as the results are proven. It may be the program, it may be the products, or maybe a combination of both tied together with "proper" coaching and common sense. I think the only thing I am missing right now is the "proper coaching" part.

Now to my news... early on I mentioned that my coach recommended I use FLEX funds to support the program. I asked my FLEX administrator and she got back to me today. Without question, the administrative fee is covered. But it is possible to get the food packets and vitamin supplements covered with a "Letter of Medical Necessity" from my Dr. and he needs to sign off on a complete list of the foods and supplements and set a definitive duration to be on the program. I was absolutely blown away by this information. I will be making an appointment with my doctor to get him to sign these forms immediately. This will make all the difference in my ability to obtain the products and stick to the program...

Now I just need to make the decision on whether or not to stick with this coach or seek out someone new that can support and motivate me the way a proper coach would!
DakotahDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Once again, I wish I could 'like' a post here, 'cause I'd surely 'like' the one above! Congrats DakotahDaddy - so glad to hear that the financial stress will be taken off your plate. I wish you much success going forward and hop you find a coach that works fantastically well for you.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotahDaddy View Post
I just received some news that may change the whole game for me, but before that I want to say a couple of things...

IPdivajen, I applaud your unwavering support for the IP product line. Looking at the results you've gotten using IP products has been nothing short of incredible. Whether they are better products or not, the evidence is there in your own results to suggest they are. I actually didn't start questioning them until I started getting poor results from them and was following the program right down the line. Then again, I strongly believe that the proper attitude plays a big role in whether or not you will be successful or not. I am trying very hard to remain positive and motivated but my coach is the one bringing me down with her accusations and comments... You seem to have found the right combination and it is working well for you. Congratulations!

wuv2bloved, You too have had astounding results and again, the right attitude to succeed. I am sure you are an amazing weight loss coach and your clients are very lucky to have you in their court (I know I would be). To see the success you have had it truely motivational in it's own right.

We all lose weight at different rates and success itself is very dependant on the person as well as the product / program. I believe in IP as the results are proven. It may be the program, it may be the products, or maybe a combination of both tied together with "proper" coaching and common sense. I think the only thing I am missing right now is the "proper coaching" part.

Now to my news... early on I mentioned that my coach recommended I use FLEX funds to support the program. I asked my FLEX administrator and she got back to me today. Without question, the administrative fee is covered. But it is possible to get the food packets and vitamin supplements covered with a "Letter of Medical Necessity" from my Dr. and he needs to sign off on a complete list of the foods and supplements and set a definitive duration to be on the program. I was absolutely blown away by this information. I will be making an appointment with my doctor to get him to sign these forms immediately. This will make all the difference in my ability to obtain the products and stick to the program...

Now I just need to make the decision on whether or not to stick with this coach or seek out someone new that can support and motivate me the way a proper coach would!
I am so excited for you. I am new to IP, not even one week in, but I can tell you that our coach called us on day 3 and emailed us last night as a follow up to our phone call. We are using the IP products and like I said only a few days into it, but I feel she is genuine and wants to be helpful.

I would go with your gut feeling in regards to continuing with her or finding another coach. Sure looks like there are a lot of great people on here in your corner as well. Good luck!!!
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #70  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I send out an email everyday to all of my clients saying just to say good morning, wish them a great day and a new recipe to try....it may be one using a packet, a new veggie or a dinner recipe but they hear from me EVERYDAY even Sat and sun!...each of them have my cell and text or call me whenever they need me, sometimes its just a question if they can have a certain item or its for me to talk them off of the "ledge" of cheating, I want them all to be as successful as I am and I will go that extra 1000 miles to do so
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

DakotahDaddy, I have to say that your post about your life brought me to tears...and not because I feel sorry for you...but because it brings home the fact that all this debate about IP is not really the point. The point is that you need someone to stand in your corner and cheer you on. I am so happy to hear that you can use Flex, but I also wonder if you have any other choices for coaches? Obviously she is not the right coach for you. You need someone who can encourage and inspire you. I know you can and will do this! I can't wait to see you in the goal area in a year or two.
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #72  
Started IP 8-5-2012

S/C/G: 239/219/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the info on plain protein web site! I am going to order from there!
Yummy girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

I like the link to the body fat information. I have been weighing in with my coach for 18 months off and on and consistently have body fat in the 16-19% range. Although I am pretty muscular and can see abs (but not quite a 6 pack lol) I usually think its underestimating some. I do like seeing my metabolic age of 25 as I am almost 41!

I recently was up 9 pounds and so am back in phase 1 for a few weeks. My last measurement showed an increase in bf of 2% after just 6 days. My coach was all concerned. I was down 3.2 pounds. I chalk it up to in accuracy and can't be bother about fluctuations in that short period of time.

I have also gone weeks where it show significant increases in muscle. I ork out very regularly, but I don't believe it is that easy to gain muscle.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote