Old 09-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #91  
IP Start 9/5/12

S/C/G: 195/167/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaad23 View Post
Hello everyone,
My first weigh in today..even if most of my first week was mostly alternative.
Lost 5.5 lbs. so thrilled.
I know the rest will be slower cuz there isn't much left..but every lb counts.
Great jump start for me and I feel great.
Thank you for everyone's information and wonderful support.
This is a wonderful place, with wonderful people!!

Yay!! Congratulations!
Twindy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #92  
IP Start 9/5/12

S/C/G: 195/167/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowtownbee View Post
Look at you go!!!!!

Does anyone have a visual for your weight loss outside of your postings? I have an old LEGO set and for every pound lost, one Lego is placed on the base I created. It's a small visual but it works for me.

I understand some don't like their picture taken but since we are all real about our issues, having a pictoral journey could be a great incentive to see and appreciate your accomplishments. My memory is pretty short so I forget how I felt and looked in smaller clothes so I'm hoping the pictures help me remember how uncomfortable I felt in those size 16s compared to the 10s still hanging in my closet (gathering dust)!

I use little blue sticky notes down the side of my mirror...I have a really big mirror
Twindy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #93  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I had a good and informative doctor's appointment this afternoon....Sorry this is so long, but if you are still reading, I'm changing my goal to 150.
Hi Dana, I've haven't been on the forum since yesterday morning. Just read your post and I wanted to respond. It sounds like you have a wonderful doctor who is looking as you as an individual, not a dot on the chart. That's great. You've lost a lot of weight already. I can see adjusting your goal weight after that conversation.

See how you feel when you're there. I'm not a doctor by any means, but you have to see how you feel and what you are comfortable and happy with.

I may have to make the same decision in a couple of months, even though I'm a couple of inches shorter than you. I just don't know what it will be when I'm in the 150s - or 140s. I just have to see. Also, I have not yet been to see my doctor since I've been on the program.

Congrats of your wonderful loss thus far, on boot camp, and on having an awesome, responsive doctor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
this weeks 2 lb loss, brings me to 75.5 pounds lost since may 1 and since deciding to give IP a 10 week "trial" haha this is week 19!.. to say that i am one happy chick is most definitely an understatement!! i am over the moon ecstatic!! ]
AWESOME, Rainbow!!! Wow!!! 75.5 pounds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowtownbee View Post
Does anyone have a visual for your weight loss outside of your postings? I have an old LEGO set and for every pound lost, one Lego is placed on the base I created. It's a small visual but it works for me.

I understand some don't like their picture taken but since we are all real about our issues, having a pictoral journey could be a great incentive to see and appreciate your accomplishments. My memory is pretty short so I forget how I felt and looked in smaller clothes so I'm hoping the pictures help me remember how uncomfortable I felt in those size 16s compared to the 10s still hanging in my closet (gathering dust)!
The lego idea is a good one. I get motivated by adding another sun at the bottom of my signature for every 5 pounds. Also, I LOVE to see my ticker move! Yes, pictures are good. It took me 2 1/2 months to even post my picture on this forum. I just was not comfortable putting my picture up.
AND - very, very soon, Cowtownbee, you will have to dust off those clothes in the closet. That is one of my most favorite things to do these days! I'm so happy I did not get rid of some of my favorite clothes. I realize, though, that those clothes will be too big on me in a few months. But that's ok! I'll enjoy them now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I had a nurse practitioner trying to get on my case for not doing cardio yesterday. I am down 57.7 now, but official weigh in is Friday. It seemed to shut her up anyway. Maybe I was just cranky. I'm probably one of those crusty old broads - or on my way to being one (don't you have to be thin to be "crusty"? - I'm not sure), but yah I don't take lectures well. Luckily this was not my normal nurse practitioner since I love her.
You tell her, Halfagain! You're doing great!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpaddler View Post
I survived a full day at the county fair today. Took a group of disabled folks to the fair and spent the day surrounded by fried foods, mini donuts, ice cream.... You get the picture. I had my salad and IP packets in my backpack and kale chips to snack on when I was temped by the kettle corn.... It was a very tough 7hrs at thefair plus 2hr drive on each end of it, but I am very proud of mastering the fair food challenge!
Awesome, ddpaddler! That's a real NSV accomplishment!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #94  
Started IP 6/14/12

Hi Fab 50 IPeeps!,

Today was a very weird IP day for me. I had to wake up super early (5:15) and get out of the house by 6 AM, drive an hour to go observe a student teacher. I usually sleep until 7:30, so this threw my entire schedule off. By 11:30 I was really hungry and stopped to eat lunch. I had sushi (sashimi) and a lettuce salad. I guess it didn't agree with me much. But I ate my snack on the way home at 3 PM and and promptly fell into bed for a nap. Dinner was my "lunch," an IP packet and 3 1/2 cups of veggies.

It's so strange that we are such creatures of habit. When my routine is that far off, it really throws me.

This weekend I'll go to Houston to be with my daughter and the twin babies. That will REALLY throw my schedule in a tizzy. But it's ok and will all be fine.

Nitey nite!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #95  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Well, darn it. Followed Dana's instructions to do multiple quotes, but can't get the posts I clicked to pop up here. Will try again later.

In the mean time I want to share that I lost another 1.2 lbs in the last 24 hours on boot camp. Whew! Glad it's working. Was really afraid I'd be stuck at 158 forever!

Picked up the gown that I'm wearing to my son's wedding next month (1 month from today!). Need to have the bust taken in, but right now it fits beautifully in the waist & hips. (It has a corset style closing in the back.) And of course need to have several inches taken off the bottom.

Have a great OP day everyone!
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #96  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
this is the lowest weight i have seen on the scale in 20 years. i once got as low as 319 and then gave up. i do not want to give up this time. i have to have the courage to press on. i am trying to find the faith to know that i can see that 3 gone for good in my weight.
DO NOT GIVE UP. I will personally come to Charleston and hold you to continuing.

Seriously, I know exactly where you are coming from. I am within only a couple of pounds of where I've given up and quit on a past diets over the last 15+ years and I am scared of that area again.

That's what is soooo great about this forum. We're there for each other encouraging, you have your own personal cheering squad.

Love you rainbow.
Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #97  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpaddler View Post
I survived a full day at the county fair today. Took a group of disabled folks to the fair and spent the day surrounded by fried foods, mini donuts, ice cream.... You get the picture. I had my salad and IP packets in my backpack and kale chips to snack on when I was temped by the kettle corn.... It was a very tough 7hrs at thefair plus 2hr drive on each end of it, but I am very proud of mastering the fair food challenge!
Now that was a challenging day, and you did fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi Dana, I've haven't been on the forum since yesterday morning. Just read your post and I wanted to respond. It sounds like you have a wonderful doctor who is looking as you as an individual, not a dot on the chart. That's great. You've lost a lot of weight already. I can see adjusting your goal weight after that conversation.

See how you feel when you're there. I'm not a doctor by any means, but you have to see how you feel and what you are comfortable and happy with.

I may have to make the same decision in a couple of months, even though I'm a couple of inches shorter than you. I just don't know what it will be when I'm in the 150s - or 140s. I just have to see. Also, I have not yet been to see my doctor since I've been on the program.

Congrats of your wonderful loss thus far, on boot camp, and on having an awesome, responsive doctor!
Thanks joysh! It's like I always said from the begining when people would ask me what my final goal weight is, "I'll know when I get there." Now that I'm one pound away from my lowest on IP, it really does feel like another 20 should do it. Again I have to take into account lose skin and how much that weighs too. So 150 on my scale could in reality without the lose skin be a lot less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Well, darn it. Followed Dana's instructions to do multiple quotes, but can't get the posts I clicked to pop up here. Will try again later.

In the mean time I want to share that I lost another 1.2 lbs in the last 24 hours on boot camp. Whew! Glad it's working. Was really afraid I'd be stuck at 158 forever!

Picked up the gown that I'm wearing to my son's wedding next month (1 month from today!). Need to have the bust taken in, but right now it fits beautifully in the waist & hips. (It has a corset style closing in the back.) And of course need to have several inches taken off the bottom.

Have a great OP day everyone!
So glad boot camp is working for you. How many more days do you think you'll do? Yesterday afternoon I thought I had hit the wall with boot camp and felt so close to cheating (I swear I heard the peanut butter jar calling my name ), so I decided to have the snack I usually have at night during the afternoon instead. I made a chocolate shake from the pudding pack and that really helped. I thought this morning if the scale hasn't moved that I would go back to phase 1, but I lost another pound overnight so I'm back to my original plan of staying on boot camp till the 160's. Almost there.

Very exciting about the upcoming wedding. Make sure to post a pic of yourself in your new beautiful dress.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #98  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Wow! You rock! Way to go. So glad you stayed with it and that you show your shining face here every day!
Love it!
cindy...THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Congrats, rainbow keep up the great job! We are all with you
awww thank you yesmyqueen :giggle: i love that name!! we are all in this togehter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnut57 View Post
WOW!!!! Congratulations to Rainbow!!! What an inspiring message!! I have not started IP yet. My first appointment is next Tuesday. Some of you have seen my twin sister on here, (Twiny). She has been on it one week and 1 day, has lost 5.8 pounds and loves it. I am so excited to start!!!
Keep up the good work Rainbow...I am so happy for you!
pnut!!!! for making the decision to start!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! and having someone so close to you to share this journey with, is going to make you BOTH STRONGER WAY TO GO!!! cant wait to hear back for your first week!! woo hooo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Know that you can do this... just keep doing it, day by day, week by week... and it happens. the 290s are within sniffin distance now!!! Soon that 3 WILL be gone! Plus - you'll know how to keep it gone.

You've got a whole lot of supporters here Rainbow - we all know you can do it. You're a great Cheerleader for us all - don't ever hesitate to ask for our support if at times you feel you need it.
evepet...wow....you made me cry and laugh at the same time....and i actually "sniffed" out loud!! haha it is amazing the strength we can gather from an online support group, especially when support is lacking close at home. thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Thank you! We loosers are all winners
hey big loser!!!! i don't mind hearing that now!! hahaha

Quote:
what else can I say about such an inspirational loss. One more thing...
rightbackatyagf!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
AWESOME, Rainbow!!! Wow!!! 75.5 pounds!!

thank you joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
DO NOT GIVE UP. I will personally come to Charleston and hold you to continuing.

Seriously, I know exactly where you are coming from. I am within only a couple of pounds of where I've given up and quit on a past diets over the last 15+ years and I am scared of that area again.

That's what is soooo great about this forum. We're there for each other encouraging, you have your own personal cheering squad.

Love you rainbow.
Molly
molly....i wish i could crawl through the screen and give you a hug in real life!!! i love u gf!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #99  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
I believe in you and that "3" will be a distant memory soon.
thank you for believing in me
Old 09-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #100  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Rainbow - you of all people, how can we not believe in you!?! You are strong, smart, creative, and yes, human. We all have our down times, but you darlin', have a huge support group here for you if/when you need it! YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS!
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 130/123/115

Height: 5'

[QUOTE=WingnutandMe;4466728]DO NOT GIVE UP. I will personally come to Charleston and hold you to continuing.

And I'll be right behind Molly!!!!

DON"T GIVE UP .your life will change SO much for the better. It is long tough journey but SO worth it!!

YOU CAN DO IT.

bsaad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #102  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I just have to say, "I love the support on this board." You are all such a kind and generous group. Always there with a kind word, and non judgmental advice. I know for me personally yesterday was one of those challenging days where you start telling yourself that one bite will make it all better, but you know in your heart that you may not stop at just one bite. Instead I came here for the support rather than turn to the evil peanut butter for support. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being such a fabulous 50 plus group of women with big caring hearts. I may not know you in person, but I love all of you for what you give each day.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #103  
Started IP 6/14/12

Quote:
I just have to say, "I love the support on this board." You are all such a kind and generous group. Always there with a kind word, and non judgmental advice. I know for me personally yesterday was one of those challenging days where you start telling yourself that one bite will make it all better, but you know in your heart that you may not stop at just one bite. Instead I came here for the support rather than turn to the evil peanut butter for support. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being such a fabulous 50 plus group of women with big caring hearts. I may not know you in person, but I love all of you for what you give each day.
So true. Better to be here than in the evil peanut butter. What you say about this group and their kind words and non-judgmental advice is so true.

I usually check in during my lunchtime when I come home from work for a little respite - and to make my IP lunch. It always gives me a good feeling to see these "friends on the journey" and touch in. We are each doing this alone, in our own way. But together we are a community of souls who are in the process of transforming ourselves. That's pretty amazing. I'm so glad to be here.

Last edited by joysh; 09-13-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #104  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
INSTEAD.....that became a very powerful word to you yesterday!!!

i am going to start asking myself that every day...

so proud of you dana....its decisions like that that give you power and that lead to your ultimate success!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 09-13-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #105  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Rainbow - you of all people, how can we not believe in you!?! You are strong, smart, creative, and yes, human. We all have our down times, but you darlin', have a huge support group here for you if/when you need it! YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS!
[QUOTE=bsaad23;4467047]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

And I'll be right behind Molly!!!!

DON"T GIVE UP .your life will change SO much for the better. It is long tough journey but SO worth it!!

YOU CAN DO IT.

i am so OVERWHELMED with the love!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! seriously....thank you all so much!!!