Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
FRiDAY FUNNiES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO. Cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Happy Friday peeps! I second the notion of the last 20 pounds...and still having a large belly. Sigh. When we watch tv at night, I do a bunch of leg lifts, sit ups- all that. Haha, could not even tell you if it's working. I feel giggly all over. I think only my scrawny hands are "firm".
I am going to see an RA doc today, had it for years, but not treated for about 5. The nerve in my elbow has been pinging for a week, and I hope to get a cortisone shot, before I whack my arm off. I would miss it, as I'm left handed.
You know, it feels like we are all sisters- dealing with the same weight that used to control us. I can see some light at the end of the tunnel, how about it?
I think we can beat this weight thing!
I agree about the 'sisters' thing, it sure has been and will continue to be a terrific benefit being able to come here and share with everybody. I'm sure I wouldn't still be hanging in there as strongly committed without the influence and support of this forum. It's apparent I'm not alone in feeling I've still got too much stomach fat on me at this stage of the process. It will be interesting to see what the coming -20 lbs brings for all of us. Let's hope we all get rid of the jiggly 'still too big' stomaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Morning everyone! I can't wait to get to the last 20 pounds as that's where I normally "abandon ship" and start my all out eating campaign. I told myself when I started this I was not going to do that this time..I'm in it till maintenance and beyond.

Down 3 pounds this morning, almost to my first 10% gone and I'm so excited.

Have a great day!
Congrats AliKay, you're doing great! I keep reminding myself that this time I'm going to keep going and get myself to a really healthy goal weight - like you in the past I've gotten to this point and said 'good enough'. Not this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Lindamomof6 - I completely understand the nearly paralyzing fear of moving through the phases! P2 doesn't scare me, but P3 & Maintenance is another thing. I'm trying really hard not to stress about it, but Maintenance especially scares the h--- out of me! Probably because in the past I've been a 'fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants' meal (non) planner, and know that just won't work anymore. But we WILL get through this and truly enjoy the rest of our lives as thinner, healthier people!

My belly also seems to be disproportionally larger than the rest of me. But when I look at my measurement losses, the amount lost in bust, waist, & hips are pretty consistent. I'm hoping that when I begin exercising that area will really tone up so it doesn't seem so large.
Like you, P2 doesn't scare me... P3 sounds a bit more complicated... and then there's Maintenance, which sounds as if it becomes a pretty individualized trial and error study of how best to make the system work for each of us. At least this time I'm not quitting until I see things through right to the finish line. That way I have the absolutely best chance of keeping this weight off for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Whoo Hoo on the weekly weight loss!

We ARE beating this weight thing. And you sister are getting really close.

Congrats on the WI. We are all in for the long haul here, and glad you are part of that journey too.

Well lovely ladies we're sitting here in the Dallas airport waiting for our connecting flight to San Francisco. I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep, so hopefully can sleep on the next flight. It was SO nice this morning sitting in the airline seat with tons of room in the seat and lots of belt left over for the seat belt. Felt fabulous!
What a great NSV Dana. Lots of seat and seat belt room. Have a great trip.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #482  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I am a pear shape, but I'm like you in the fact that after almost 90 pounds gone, I still have enough belly fat that it still has the creases on the side (yes, I know, TMI). I also still have a muffin top, but only in the front, hanging out over the big belly. It's like I've lost absolutely everywhere, but those two places. They look the same to me as when I started. I'm hoping that it will just be that this will be my area that is the last to lose. Usually it's my arms, but they have decreased about the same as the other areas. Let hope it's just our last to lose place.

Molly

sometimes i have to remind myself to take my eyes off the goal and LOOK BACK and appreciate how far i've already come!!!

molly....LOOK AT HOW FAR YOU'VE COME BABY!!! hang in there...its not easy but little by little...one day...we will make it!!
woot woot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Me too! And I am down to my last 20 too, so I am also hoping I lose it in my belly. I've been thinking I may have to do some toning to firm up my abs, but I honestly have no real idea how to do that... I've always been a walker, but never into really working out.

And I notice too that some pants that fit fine in the waist are way too big in the hips!
lizzy....i would so love to have thin thighs!! i have the opposite...to get them to fit in the thighs they are 4-5 inches too big in the waist!! le sigh!! and i have this GAP in the back. i'm like a crazy sway back horse!! too much cheerleading and gymnastics growing up i suppose haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'm having that exact same situation. Like you, I'm quite a walker - in fact I walk quite a bit doing regular errands, etc., and wonder if that's why I'm losing through the thigh area. I've downsized into several pairs of slacks that fit well now through the waist, but are really loose through the hips and particulary the thighs. Like you, at this stage I feel like I should start doing some exercises to concentrate on the belly area, but know that there's no such think as 'spot reducing' and am at a bit of a loss as to what to do. Guess we just have to wait and see what these next -20 lbs bring! Nice to know I've got company with this particular issue.
maybe you are on to something there...i hate walking!! i'd rather ride the bike! i need to walk more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
Yup.......the darn belly fat. Down 30 but still have a belly. What's up with that one? Come on already. I'm not about to do the whole sit up thing. I'm hoping that with the next 20 gone so will the belly go! My coach says it will. We 'll see. Certainly hope so. It's certainly not as big as it was but not as small as I would like. I only have 20 more pounds to go. I hope it's gone too. I've gotten my waist back but right under that newly found waist is that darned pot! Yikes.
just keep going!!!! YOU GOT THIS!!! don't u wish we could just REMOLD what we have to the spots we wish it was!! oooode to the lost boobs!!

kinda sad because dh commented that i was "wasting" away and he didn't like it that my boobs were gone. sheeesh!!! how is it that we can get compliments but focus on the negatives???

Quote:
Thunder thighs unite! Sadly I will always have thunder thighs no matter how much I weigh. As for the stomach, still too big, but hopefully will improve with the last 20 pounds to lose.

Rainbow to close this thread when we get to around 500 post and start our next volume - Yahoo!

thunder thigs BE GONE is more what i want to say!! haha
no worries darling...we'll have the NEW THREAD UP AND RUNNING TODAY!!! woohoo

this is THE BEST THREAD OUT THERE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Happy Friday peeps! I second the notion of the last 20 pounds...and still having a large belly. Sigh. When we watch tv at night, I do a bunch of leg lifts, sit ups- all that. Haha, could not even tell you if it's working. I feel giggly all over. I think only my scrawny hands are "firm".
I am going to see an RA doc today, had it for years, but not treated for about 5. The nerve in my elbow has been pinging for a week, and I hope to get a cortisone shot, before I whack my arm off. I would miss it, as I'm left handed.
You know, it feels like we are all sisters- dealing with the same weight that used to control us. I can see some light at the end of the tunnel, how about it?
I think we can beat this weight thing!
please don't whack your arm off!!
le sigh....so many getting within 20 pounds of goal!! makes me realize even more the long mountain ahead of me...alas...i must keep on climbing....even if i one day find myself climbing alone!!!

you are right...we can beat this weight thing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Morning everyone! I can't wait to get to the last 20 pounds as that's where I normally "abandon ship" and start my all out eating campaign. I told myself when I started this I was not going to do that this time..I'm in it till maintenance and beyond.

Down 3 pounds this morning, almost to my first 10% gone and I'm so excited.

Have a great day!
on the 3 pounds!! way to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Lindamomof6 - I completely understand the nearly paralyzing fear of moving through the phases! P2 doesn't scare me, but P3 & Maintenance is another thing. I'm trying really hard not to stress about it, but Maintenance especially scares the h--- out of me! Probably because in the past I've been a 'fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants' meal (non) planner, and know that just won't work anymore. But we WILL get through this and truly enjoy the rest of our lives as thinner, healthier people!

My belly also seems to be disproportionally larger than the rest of me. But when I look at my measurement losses, the amount lost in bust, waist, & hips are pretty consistent. I'm hoping that when I begin exercising that area will really tone up so it doesn't seem so large.
i'm like you on the fly by the seat of my pants meal (non) planner!! i often find myself opening the fridge door, peek inside and THEN get inspired!!

Quote:
Well lovely ladies we're sitting here in the Dallas airport waiting for our connecting flight to San Francisco. I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep, so hopefully can sleep on the next flight. It was SO nice this morning sitting in the airline seat with tons of room in the seat and lots of belt left over for the seat belt. Felt fabulous!
Hi Dana Does Dallas!! can you believe we flew from charleston sc, to dallas just to go to england!! haha sheeesh crazy airlines!!! but i had a lot of fun riding the perimeter of the dallas airport!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #483  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Good Morning again...This is not IP related but looking for a few suggestions. Daughter has been diagnosed gluten intolerant at 27, explains her stomach problems for the last two years, anywho does anyone here suffer from that? If so, can you point me in the right direction to some good recipes that you like. I'm just trying to get some things together to send to her in CA. Want to make some cookies and such to ship off as the store bought things are so expensive and was looking to save her some money.

Thanks for anything you can point me to..appreciate it!
AliKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #484  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Evepet - you've got this! No giving up this time!

Rainbow - even if we move on though the phases ahead of you, you WILL NOT BE LEFT ALONE HERE! We will help you reach your goal girly!

Dana - love the NSV of more room in the seat. Makes your trip more comfy and relaxing!

TGIF - past time for me to head out of here! Have a great weekend all
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #485  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

molly....LOOK AT HOW FAR YOU'VE COME BABY!!! hang in there...its not easy but little by little...one day...we will make it!!
woot woot!!

Thanks. I appreciate the support.

lizzy....i would so love to have thin thighs!! i have the opposite...to get them to fit in the thighs they are 4-5 inches too big in the waist!! le sigh!! and i have this GAP in the back. i'm like a crazy sway back horse!! too much cheerleading and gymnastics growing up i suppose haha
I hear you on the proportion thing. You need my pants I've grown out of. The majority have tucks in the waist as I dealt with the same thing and my thunder thighs. The thunder thighs are still here 85 lbs later. It will be interesting to see what the next 40 lbs does. It'll probably be more off the boobs which I couldn't afford to start with. Will soon be back to training bras.

At least I'm thankful I fit in my recliner comfortably and I can walk to the bathroom without feeling like I'm out of breath and ready for a heart attack.

Time to take that peek in the frig and figure out what to feed DH and myself tonight.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Sounds like everyone is having a Friday of different shapes,sizes and emotions, well I'm w rainbow and JUST LOOK HOW FAR WE HAVE COME BABY!!!!!!! And we will still be together cheering each other on, so really what do we need to worry about. Love you all!
Yesmyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick post...arm update. Got 2 shots in the elbow. AHHH I think I will live. She told me not to use it for a few days. Haha, I am lefthanded and its my left elbow! She wants to start me on methotrexate for RA....any advice ladies?? This scares me MORE than phase 4!!!!
Its ok, DH and I will do research and talk about it this week while away from work.
dizzyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #488  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

dizzyjean,

It's a wonder drug, hard on the liver, but your doc will monitor. Sometimes you just want the Quality back in your life. Good Luck to you, don't stess, esp. if you have a good doctor
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #489  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

S.T.O.P.

ITS THAT TIME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TIME FOR THE NEW THREAD!!

WOOHOOOO LADIES!! VOL. 4 IS NOW STARTED!!
CLiCK ON THE LiNK ABOVE

WELCOME TO THE PAR-TAY!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote