Old 09-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello All,

Have a lot of catching up to do on my favorite threads. I've been working a lot and just got DH off on a 2 week hunting trip. Woo-hoo!! Lost another 3.8 lbs. Ok, I tried the Big Mac Bowl last week and I am definitely addicted.
Blueskywyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #32  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
Hello All,

Have a lot of catching up to do on my favorite threads. I've been working a lot and just got DH off on a 2 week hunting trip. Woo-hoo!! Lost another 3.8 lbs. Ok, I tried the Big Mac Bowl last week and I am definitely addicted.
::::::turning cartwheels:::::

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 130/123/115

Height: 5'

Default Rainbows Crab Cakes

Ok, Just want to let everyone know that I just had Rainbows Crab Cakes for dinner. Omg...they were scrumptious!!! No kidding.
I feel like I just went out to dinner

This is how I feel after that meal
jk,

Thank you again Rainbow...I'm going to start getting creative too, I love to cook.
bsaad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #34  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaad23 View Post
Ok, Just want to let everyone know that I just had Rainbows Crab Cakes for dinner. Omg...they were scrumptious!!! No kidding.
I feel like I just went out to dinner

This is how I feel after that meal
jk,

Thank you again Rainbow...I'm going to start getting creative too, I love to cook.
they are good!! do you like jicama??? i tell you...try the jicama rainbow salad, it goes perfectly with the crab cakes!!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #35  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
hmmmm....HOW ABOUT NEW YEARS EVE!!!
My DH might miss me if I left him on New Years, or then again, maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
OK Folks!!

Had my WI today and I'm down another 1.6 pounds! That seems to be my weekly loss 1.6-2 pounds per week. But I'll take it. Slow and steady wins the race and it's been slow and steady for me all the way down! I'm at 170 too, so by next week I will be in the 160s!!! Can't wait!!

Also, today was measuring day. I've lost a total of 18 inches!!

Feeling pretty good tonight! And these rutabaga fries and tilapia are deeeeelicious!
170, WTG!!!!! here come the 160's, and I hope to join you there this week too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
Hello All,

We've missed you, glad you're back. And, a great big Wooooooo..... for 3.8 lbs. Fantastic job.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 130/123/115

Height: 5'

Quote:
they are good!! do you like jicama??? i tell you...try the jicama rainbow salad, it goes perfectly with the crab cakes!!!!
Just got back from Whole Foods and got Jicama for the salad and the Rutabaga bake. I also found the Coconut oil..I'm all stocked for yummy meals.
Last night I made an Arabic ( and lazy girl) version of your cabbage rolls..meaning I didn't roll them. This is a staple dish in our house as my husband is Middle Eastern. His recipe is not IP...but it is now!!
And he LOVED it!!
bsaad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #37  

I had a good and informative doctor's appointment this afternoon. I had an appointment with my doctor who I haven't seen in 6 months, and she was the one who told me all about IP. She walks in, takes one looks and yells, "You look beautiful." She kept saying off and on during the appointment how fantastic I look. Boy, was that a boost to my ego or what.

I asked her how much more weight she thought I needed to lose? I told her I was confused because whenever someone ask me that, and I tell them another 30 pounds, they always say that's too small, and I will waste away to nothing. I told the doctor that I'm short, and small boned, and so I always thought I should weigh no more than 130 to 135 max. So she looked at all of my lose skin, and said since I'm a pear shape that the extra fat wasn't as dangerous for me vs. someone like her that is an apple shape. she also said since my ponderostat (had to look that word up when she told me ) is now likely distorted and my biological memory has been impacted, that trying to get down to the 140's or below probably won't be a weight that I can maintain. She said right now my BMI is 31, and so given my age, diet history, bone structure, etc. that I should aim for a BMI of 29 which is about 155 pounds given my height. She said anything lower, and my body will try and fight me. I thought about it when I got home, and decided to change my goal to 150 as I really like the idea of having that extra 5 pound edge. It still seems high to me, but on the other hand I know my body is fighting me already by really slowing down the scale. The doctor also told me to remember that if I didn't have this lose skin I would already weigh a lot less, so DO NOT go strictly by the scale. I told her my IP coach wants me to get my body fat down to 30% before I stop. The doctor said, "You're post menopausal, so that's not going to happen." Then at the end of the appointment she sat down in the chair, and we talked for about another 15 minutes about her diet, and her frustrations. It was like two friends catching up over a cup of coffee, except I was wearing one of those hospital gowns open to the back, and she wore her doctor's white lab coat. Then the hospital rang her cell phone and it was back to reality for both of us.

Sorry this is so long, but if you are still reading, I'm changing my goal to 150.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #38  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I had a good and informative doctor's appointment this afternoon. I had an appointment with my doctor who I haven't seen in 6 months, and she was the one who told me all about IP. She walks in, takes one looks and yells, "You look beautiful." She kept saying off and on during the appointment how fantastic I look. Boy, was that a boost to my ego or what.

I asked her how much more weight she thought I needed to lose? I told her I was confused because whenever someone ask me that, and I tell them another 30 pounds, they always say that's too small, and I will waste away to nothing. I told the doctor that I'm short, and small boned, and so I always thought I should weigh no more than 130 to 135 max. So she looked at all of my lose skin, and said since I'm a pear shape that the extra fat wasn't as dangerous for me vs. someone like her that is an apple shape. she also said since my ponderostat (had to look that word up when she told me ) is now likely distorted and my biological memory has been impacted, that trying to get down to the 140's or below probably won't be a weight that I can maintain. She said right now my BMI is 31, and so given my age, diet history, bone structure, etc. that I should aim for a BMI of 29 which is about 155 pounds given my height. She said anything lower, and my body will try and fight me. I thought about it when I got home, and decided to change my goal to 150 as I really like the idea of having that extra 5 pound edge. It still seems high to me, but on the other hand I know my body is fighting me already by really slowing down the scale. The doctor also told me to remember that if I didn't have this lose skin I would already weigh a lot less, so DO NOT go strictly by the scale. I told her my IP coach wants me to get my body fat down to 30% before I stop. The doctor said, "You're post menopausal, so that's not going to happen." Then at the end of the appointment she sat down in the chair, and we talked for about another 15 minutes about her diet, and her frustrations. It was like two friends catching up over a cup of coffee, except I was wearing one of those hospital gowns open to the back, and she wore her doctor's white lab coat. Then the hospital rang her cell phone and it was back to reality for both of us.

Sorry this is so long, but if you are still reading, I'm changing my goal to 150.
you are so beautiful!!!

and i am envious of your doctor!! that sounds like a really nice doc visit!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #39  

Quote:
you are so beautiful!!!

and i am envious of your doctor!! that sounds like a really nice doc visit!!!
You are too sweet. This is my oncologist, and while I'm sorry I ever needed to go to her, she is really is the best and will miss her when I don't need to see her anymore.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #40  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
hmmmm....HOW ABOUT NEW YEARS EVE!!!
I would love to meet folks in Charleston, too. Just a bit of a drive from Virginia, but worth every mile. Isn't there an azalea season or sometime when visiting is a must? I miss all the beautiful gardens in my home state of Louisiana. Who dat?
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #41  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

[QUOTE=DanafromAustin;I thought about it when I got home, and decided to change my goal to 150 as I really like the idea of having that extra 5 pound edge. [/QUOTE]

Dana, this doctor knows what good medicine is all about. I heard somewhere that women tend to think they look worse than they actually do. It is much better to go for optimal health and feel good about it. Only you know what your body is telling you. You've done wonderful things for yourself and will continue because you have the tools to do it.
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Dana, this doctor knows what good medicine is all about. I heard somewhere that women tend to think they look worse than they actually do. It is much better to go for optimal health and feel good about it. Only you know what your body is telling you. You've done wonderful things for yourself and will continue because you have the tools to do it.
She is one of the top docs in the city, and I have to agree not only from a medical point of view, but also because she has the best bed side manner.

It's funny when you mentioned that women tend to think they look worse than they do. My closest friend is doing IP with me and we always laugh when we talk about some people who have never commented on our weight loss. She herself has lost over 60 pounds. We think that maybe we didn't look as fat to others as we thought we did, although I'm pretty sure I did.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
YAYYYY. VOLUME 3. Happy Tuesday OP peeps! Last night, I hemmed some smaller pants I got at the thrift store, took in some clothes. With 20 left to go, I want to hold out buying nice clothes as much as possible till I see what size I will really be. I'm in 14's now, a few 12's. Will I be in 8's or 10's at the end???? Who knows?
I am your height, and at 145 I was in about a 10. I went shopping in my own closet! It was fun!
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
BLUEJEWEL ~ AWESOME! Halfway is such an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction! Congratulations Also, glad to hear others in your family are wanting to get healthier as well. You all have a built-in support group!

I bought 4 new tops last night - MEDIUMS!!! One is still a bit too tight to wear, but won't be for long! Sure hope I'll be able to continue to find things I like on clearance sales for a while longer. Also went to GNC, got a Gold Card and some new drink mix. Then my VIP took me out to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner...Steak, steamed broccoli, and select items off the salad bar. A very nice evening all around

Today I begin Boot Camp...wish me luck!
Bootcamp! You will do great! Keep us up to date!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
I just got back from my weigh-in and lost 4.2.pounds this week! I'm so happy right now! I was really disappointed last week when I only lost 0.6 of a pound. On all of the past diets I've been on, that would have been the beginning of the end for me. I used to always stop losing weight after a few weeks, and then go up a pound or two, and then give up after another couple of weeks of trying. But after last week I knew I had to just keep going and the pounds would come off, and I was right! This board keeps me motivated and I get such great inspiration from everyone! I don't post often but read all the threads everyday. Thank you to everyone who posts here!
Wow! So glad you had such a nice loss, and sticking here with us. So much support here. I love all of you guys!