Old 09-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

Default First meeting tomorrow

Tomorrow is my first meeting with my coach...I am so scared and excited. I have tried to lose weight for years (mostly with WW) and have had no long-term success. I have a lot of physical limitations and my doctor has been hounding me to get the weight off...I am so excited because my friend lost 70+ pounds on IP but I am also scared it wont work or I wont have the will power..
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good luck!!! You will be amazed at how easy it can be once you get past the first week. This forum is an awesome resource too, never hesitate to ask questions!!! You'll do great!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I've been on just about every diet out there, and if I could do it then so can you. Just get past the first week and you've got it. Good luck!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Hi CortneyMarie622, it will be a life-changing day for you. I have been on every diet you can imagine and nothing has worked for me like IP. Get Dr. Tran's book and read the science behind why it works. Also, come to this forum frequently throughout the day, it helps to have lots of friends on the same path as you! Good luck and you will be amazed how fast the weight comes off (that in itself is a huge motivator for staying on the program)!

I should mention this is my 2nd round on IP, first time, I lost 50 pounds and maintained it for nearly a year and then circumstances in my life caused me to revert to my comforting with food. But, I am back on track now and that is the important thing!!

Last edited by WorldTraveleronIP; 09-10-2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: adding a piece of info that would be helpful to the reader
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #5  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

I am one of those people who struggled the first week- I had headaches, I couldn't think straight, and I was exhausted. If this happens to you, push through it and don't give up- it is so worth it!! Once you get past the first week you will feel better in so many ways. I thought I would lose weight, I didn't expect to feel so much healthier.

Good luck!
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: re-start date 4/1/13

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome to IP! I also was a WW fan. Until I started IP!!!!! OMG...really, there is no comparison. I used to be happy if I had a 1 lb loss on WW. Now, you are almost certain (depending on your weight) to loose that much and more every week! I am a love/hate person while I am on IP. It sometimes brings me to tears with the loss of the food that I do not now have. But it also is very easy to stay on plan. I am 100% OP because I am very afraid of going out of ketosis if I cheat. So that really works well for me.
It keeps me from even putting a grape in my mouth. As you know....WW would allow almost unlimited fruit. You will LOVE this program. And sometimes you will hate this program. But trust me.......it works. The first diet that has ever truly worked for me! Good luck!
iwiggy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/183/145

I think a lot of us had those same feelings when we started. After trying sooo many things and all of them failing, what makes this so different? But, wow...after 5 weeks on the program (they have flown by), it just gets easier all the time. If you stick to the program, it won't fail you! I would always be hungry on other programs, or feel deprived in some way. On IP, if I eat when I should, I am never, ever hungry. I forget about it and have to keep a watch on the clock to know when I need to eat! I am excited for you! I hope you post your success here so we can celebrate with you!
Pilgrimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #8  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

I agree with everyone else's posts. The only thing I would add is that this is the only diet that has completely eliminated my emotional eating habits.

Those issues just dissapeared in the first week and I can look at food now and see it for what it is...food. It isn't some magical thing that will make me happy, less stressed or keep me from being bored. I can look at it and walk away and not think about it afterwards.

You will do great on IP.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 231/226/199

Height: 5 ft 6

I have two more days until my first weigh in and couldn't be more excited. The headaches are getting less severe everyday but I have noticed the lack of ability to concentrate. I hope that goes away soon! I'm having a hard time eating the portion sizes. I'm sure I am the fattest person alive who has no appetite haha!
Good Luck tomorrow Cortney! You'll do great, just stick with it!
SydneyRaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

Thanks everyone! I love my coach and I am excited to start tomorrow! Worried about the side effects since I have to work, but maybe I will get lucky and not have any
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #11  
Restarter

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130ish

Height: 5'4"

It is a lot of pain for a lot of gain (or loss, I guess lol)

I have never been on a diet this strict. It affects your regular day, your family, hanging out with your friends, holidays, vacation, etc. Think Thanksgiving, halloween, BBQ's, etc. it is a 100% NO CHEAT diet and one of the hardest things I've ever done, but...

It really is worth it! I cannot get over how fast Ideal Protein works... It has changed (is changing) my life!

All I can say is make sure you are VERY VERY dedicated to it otherwise you are wasting your time and a whole lot of money : )

Just my 2 cents lol
Alba09 is offline   Reply With Quote