Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #16  
Restart IP 8/29/12

S/C/G: 191/167/140

Height: 5'6"

NSV- while looking through pinterest and seeing all the recipes my friends have posted I was thinking "not interested," "too sweet," "too rich"... Then I realized a week ago I would have repinned every single one of those. They don't even tempt anymore!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #17  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammabell View Post
NSV- while looking through pinterest and seeing all the recipes my friends have posted I was thinking "not interested," "too sweet," "too rich"... Then I realized a week ago I would have repinned every single one of those. They don't even tempt anymore!
i know exactly what you mean!!! don't you love that "change of thinking"!!!! way to go!!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #18  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

djs06 - where in MI are you? I'm near Grayling.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #19  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 180/136/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!! Quick question.....does anyone else eat their snack between lunch and dinner? I think that I end up eating to late and it is preventing some weight loss???
Old 09-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

GreenIris- Grayling.. hmmm... is that far from Traverse City? I went there last year for the first time and loved it. I'm relatively new to Michigan (been here two years, moved from the east coast) and live in Ann Arbor. Nice to see another Michigander on here!

Last edited by djs06; 09-10-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

I started dieting at 12 years old....I am now 47. I have wasted many years feeling guilty, embarrassed, ashamed....even though I feel like this, part of me wants to fail & that scares me.
I know this is more then "about the food" and I have a difficult time talking to a psychologist...cause I say whatever needs to be said...so I'm not really helping myself
I decided to see a therapist who does CranialSacral Therapy. I found it very interesting.Through this experience, I discovered that, whatever I'm feeling, I ALWAYS turn it around to the positive, therefore, I am not feeling it. Does that make any sense????
I've always thought I was a great communicator. Oh yes, I get stuff out...but rather then sitting with the uncomfortable feelings I instantly analyze it, think of the lesson that is being taught to me and spin it around into something positive.
I know that having a positive attitude is "key" but I find that my extremely positive attitude is only allowing me to surface clean and sweep everything else under the carpet (so to speak). If I don't sweep under the carpet, the weight will eventually creep back on.
Oh gosh, I hope someone understands me and I'm not just babbling incoherently
Old 09-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Good morning all. It is a lovely 42 degrees here and the smoke has blown out a bit, so it is quite lovely. Off to work with the sunroof open. Yay. Hope you all have a great day...

I just learned how to use these things...
Here in Billings we are REALLY SMOKEY! It looks terrible out...just a thick haze over the city from all the forest fires in the region. So we must have gotten the smoke from you
Old 09-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
It is going to be a great week everyone, I feel it in the crisp cool air!

Today marks day 60 of IP and 19lbs lighter!

Despite a day 1 cheat last week--see previous post about Zac from Zac Brown band offering me a drink (Jack and DC)--I am down another 1.4lbs.

A few NSVs:
1.I am wearing a size 6 dress today that I haven't been able to fit into for years...and it is loose on top!
2. My local Shop Rite sells WF tomato basil and garlic herb pasta sauces AND I found fresh rhubarb there as well!!!

I started going back to the gym last week...my body fat % has not changed for a few weekS. What is with that? Any solutions to see it budge?
Don't exercise too much. I have found that too much exercise can actually affect your losses. So eating protein is more important than exercise to lose fat. Sometimes an extra egg white or two a day helps. It did me.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
i was a little bit distracted this morning... i left the house without my pants!! im wearing a dress that comes to mid thigh which is a little shorter than I am comfortable with, so I wear legging type pants. However, I have Mastiff type dogs who are very sloobery so I dont put the leggings on first thing. Today I realized i had not put them on at all when i sat down in my car. brrr. cold leather Oh well, at least i caught it before i got all the way to work.
TOO FUNNY!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #25  

Today is my last day on phase 2...tomorrow I start eating a breakfast. I have raspberries from my garden that I froze, knowing that some day I would be able to enjoy them.

The good news is that I lost a total of 5 lbs during the 2 weeks of phase 2. I was amazed, but I guess since you are still in ketosis, it stands to reason.

Coach says there will be a slight gain in phase 3 but not in fat...glycogen stores, which carry water molecules...So for every glycogen that is stored in the liver, there are 3 H2O molecules. So that is usually what the gain is attributed to. I loved biochemistry in college. So I really get into this stuff!

Happy Monday, everyone. Stay OP!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #26  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
GreenIris- Grayling.. hmmm... is that far from Traverse City? I went there last year for the first time and loved it. I'm relatively new to Michigan (been here two years, moved from the east coast) and live in Ann Arbor. Nice to see another Michigander on here!
Hi djs06,
As GreenIris knows, I'm a part time Michigander. Born and raised there, gone for many years, but have a house on a lake about 45 miles south of GreenIris, which we are on the other side of the state from Traverse City. Hope to retire there real soon. We drive up US 23 right by Ann Arbor when we come up.

Welcome to IP. Follow the plan and you'll do great. I'm having success with losing for the first time in almost 50 years of dieting.

Good morning, all. working from home while my torn tendon heals. This week is Employee Appreciation and they have all kinds of things going on at work, so my boss gave me permission to not work "as hard." So, I'm trying to catch up on my forum reading.

Have a great OP day.
Molly
Old 09-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #27  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Delgen - P3 already!?! That is awesome!!!! Congratulations to you!

djs06 - about 45 minutes east of Traverse City, on I-75. And a belated Welcome to MI!

vwbunny - I eat my snack between lunch & dinner. Lunch is usually 11:30 - noon, snack about 4, and supper around 7. If I know I'll have supper earlier, I'll have my snack later in the evening.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #28  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi djs06,
As GreenIris knows, I'm a part time Michigander. Born and raised there, gone for many years, but have a house on a lake about 45 miles south of GreenIris, which we are on the other side of the state from Traverse City. Hope to retire there real soon. We drive up US 23 right by Ann Arbor when we come up.

Welcome to IP. Follow the plan and you'll do great. I'm having success with losing for the first time in almost 50 years of dieting.

Good morning, all. working from home while my torn tendon heals. This week is Employee Appreciation and they have all kinds of things going on at work, so my boss gave me permission to not work "as hard." So, I'm trying to catch up on my forum reading.

Have a great OP day.
Molly
Employee appreciation...hmmm sounds like fun. The only employee appreciation we have at my work now is that we should feel appreciation that they gave us paycuts instead of laying us off.

I need a new job!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
I started dieting at 12 years old....I am now 47. I have wasted many years feeling guilty, embarrassed, ashamed....even though I feel like this, part of me wants to fail & that scares me.
I know this is more then "about the food" and I have a difficult time talking to a psychologist...cause I say whatever needs to be said...so I'm not really helping myself
I decided to see a therapist who does CranialSacral Therapy.
Wow, this really jumped out at me. I have suffered from chronic depression for as long as I can remember, and have found that unless I just plow ahead and make the best of things and think positive, it's just too hard. Just today, I was talking my walk, musing to myself and I thought about how many of my friends are so disgusted with the state of the world and all the screwed up stuff in it, and I think, yes, all of that is true, but I can not expend all of my energies thinking about it and I'm no good to anybody if I can't keep myself going and if that takes my little bubble of love, then so be it. I don't ignore the crap, but I choose to look at life through a prism of love. I know... that sounds corny...

When it comes to the personal thoughts, that really comes out with this weight stuff. All the years of self-loathing, memories of cruel things people have said and I internalized. I bet we've all been there. Not truly seeing ourselves in the mirror because the truth is too painful. I've said it before, my body 'then' was a prison that I could not seem to break out of. Now that I am free of it, reinventing, re-everything about myself, I know that with what is left of my life, I will never go back to that prison. I'm 59 now, but I'm not going to spend one second regretting the past - just not worth it. All those cruel people and society thinking it is okay to hurt fat people can go jump in the lake, and that is as polite as I can make it.

I would just keep talking and talking and writing all you can. The 'real' feelings will come out eventually and you will heal yourself of all that lousy pain so you can embrace this bright new future you are building for yourself.

I am fascinated by cranial-sacral therapy - tell us how it goes. I'd love to hear more about what happens and how it helps.

Good luck!

Margaret
Old 09-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody ! Rise and shine !

It's getting cool here too. I slept in my robe last night because I was cold, but I didn't want to close the windows. Too delicious having the fresh air...

Not much to report here. Have had some more tests done to diagnose/treat the gallstones and pancreas problems. Don't know the results yet. Just keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have another attack.

Need to get my butt in gear and clean the house, vacuum up the mud I've tracked in on my boots with the wet weather. Get back to my nephews quilt. General putzing around....

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday and cook something scrumptious!

Margaret
Closed Thread