Old 09-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/183/145

Height: 5'5"

They also have some great seasoning blends out there now! I used to NEVER eat veggies! Now I throw them in some EVOO and pour on the spice(I now love cooking with chipotle seasoning, which I had never tried until now) cooking them until they are nice and browned. Not too bad at all. And yes, the spinach shakes are amazing! Mushrooms have saved me, too! I have eaten maybe 2 salads since I started, just can't handle salads hehe. Keep going, it just takes a little bit to get used to!

Last edited by Pilgrimage; 09-09-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Pilgrimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Height: 5'3"

Before IP it was a rare day that a vegetable passed my lips. Now I have found three or four that I really enjoy and look forward to finding new ways to cook them for me and my husband (he is also on IP). He now asks me, "Why haven't we been eating these all along."

I have found that I have good days and not-so-good days. This forum has certainly helped me on those not-so-good days. When I am feeling low I come here and read. The people are so encouraging to one another.
Samkatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #18  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Hang in there! I am NOT a salad person or a 'raw veggie' eater - hence my extensive list of veggies in purees, sauces, soups, shakes, and ICE CREAM! I consider myself a lazy cooker - I do a LOT with my blender...and more recently my ice cream machine (rhubarb, cucumber, spinach, and lettuce in sorbets, sherbets, and ice cream....yes please!).

Zucchini or cucumber noodles in WF Sesame Ginger & Soy Sauce stirfry, Spinach & Lettuce in your chocolate shake, Roasted Cauliflower & Garlic puree, Cucumber Sorbet, Sweet Fauxtato Pie....omg - I love my veggies now! And Rainbow just came up with a Jicama recipe that I am DYING to try - ran out to the store immediately after our 5 hour drive back from San Antonio so I could stock up on my veggies (and got TWO jicama!!!)

Really open up your mind to trying new vegetables, ones you've never heard of, ones you THINK you don't like, try them in 2 different recipes - and put aside your "I don't like vegetables" mindset. Although I still dont like raw onions...lol...I don't think THAT veggie prejudice will EVER go away.

Rainbows gourmet recipes:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-rainbow.html

My lazy blender veggie concoctions:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t=veggie+puree

Last edited by LizRR; 09-09-2012 at 11:30 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 151/133/120

Height: 5'1"

Liz---I really want to try your ice cream. I have never pureed a vegie in my life so......how do you make cucumber puree? Do I peel or not? Just stick it in the blender? Thanks for the help
bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #20  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt View Post
Liz---I really want to try your ice cream. I have never pureed a vegie in my life so......how do you make cucumber puree? Do I peel or not? Just stick it in the blender? Thanks for the help
This is what i do now with no ice cream machine.
1. Cut cuke in 1/2 lengthwise, remove seeds w/fingers, cut into chunks ~2" wide. I leave peel on.
2. Throw in blender with juice & zest of 2 limes & 1 cup water w/sweetener.
3. Blend until smooth, ~2 minutes.
4. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
5. Empty 1 tray into blender with vanilla rtd, prepared pudding, drink mix, etc.
6. Blend until smooth soft serve consistency.
*helps to add 1~2 cubes at a time into blender, may need to add in 1/2~1 cup extra liquid.
*i use 1/3c egg whites and 2/3-1c unsweetened almond milk in P4 when blending down cubes. Water is fine too.

*puree is just a fancy word for 'throw it in a blender'.

Last edited by LizRR; 10-10-2012 at 12:26 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #21  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Roasting vegetables is great..then dump them in the soup packets. Pureeing is also good. Spinach in shakes is an easy way to get them down. I ate arrugula instead of lettuce.

Hang in there. IP does work.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 230/172/135

Height: 5'3

I was the same way before IP... I pretty much hated vegetables! But stir fry has saved me... I usually use broccoli and bell peppers. Now I look forward to dinner every night! I do need to get more variety in there, but it's working so I'm not questioning it too much!
megscarles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

I would take the soup packets and pour them over your veggies. It helped me stomach those veggies better. Also use seasoning on things they are allowed on plan. In addition I usually like cucumbers because they are easy to eat
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 196.8/190/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
OMG! The two cups of spinach in your shake is a MUST! I never did it during my 5 months of P1 and now I make it all the time when I do my P1 day after a "fun day". You don't taste the spinach AT ALL!!! It simply thickens up the shake!!! PLEASE TRY IT!!! It's been my go to now that I made it!!!! I look back at my first week and want to puke at what I was trying to eat as veggies!!! Pathetic things that were so nasty, bland and miserable!!!

Again, hang in there!
I am on phase 1 (day 3) - can you please share a good recipe that you include spinach with? Do you put fresh spinach in the same blender? Also, I don't have much time in the mornings and I really like the chocolate/cappuchino drink mixes...any way to thicken them up liek a smoothie?
Ellabella250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellabella250 View Post
I am on phase 1 (day 3) - can you please share a good recipe that you include spinach with? Do you put fresh spinach in the same blender? Also, I don't have much time in the mornings and I really like the chocolate/cappuchino drink mixes...any way to thicken them up liek a smoothie?
I put one cup of raw, fresh spinach in the blender with a little cold water. Once it is puréed, I add a few ice cubes and a chocolate pudding or drink. I can't taste the spinach when I use one cup. I don't like this as much with vanilla because it turns green (can't see it with chocolate). I am a visual eater! I like it better when it is really cold. I made a shake and stored it in a cooler. It wasn't great when I drank it.

Sometimes I add a little flavoring.

Last edited by Willi; 10-10-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote