Old 11-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
I might be re-goaling. I am within 11-13 lbs of my goal weight which is what I think I weighed in about 1990. I've been thinking of maybe going/trying 10 beyond that. That would be a weight I haven't seen since the early 80's. I weighed 117 when I got married in 1982 and 107 when I graduated high school in 1973. I think those two weights are toooooooo skinny for my "mature" frame.
Great Dane, do what you feel is right for your body. so close, can taste it.
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightwad View Post
As of today I am in the 25 to go club as well. I started with 42 so I am not even half way...but I want it!

My goal is the weight I was in college. Today I saw a number I hadn't seen in a couple years when I used to live at about that range so that is a plus for me!
Tightwad, isn't it nice when you hit a number you have not seen. I saw 135.6, dont know the last time i saw this may be 14 years ago. just too happy

20.6 more pounds to go
Old 11-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im escaping View Post
I'm in!! Yeah!

I have 20.5 lbs to go, still feels like its all in my belly and boobs, so I am willing to stick this out, just to not look like Im in my second trimester!!

Hoping to be on my way out by Christmas, but I'm not going to put timelines on this...cuz at my 0.5 loss this week I could be here for another 40 weeks!

Don't take that the wrong way...I am super happy it's going down, even at 1/2 lb a week, cuz the opposite would be 20 more pounds to lose in under a years time.

I'm in and I'm committed
Slow progress is progress, keep that in mind, you got this. you will be fine. i have been in the 130's since october 16th. we can do it.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
Hi, everyone. I am so glad to have found this thread! I have 16 lbs to go to reach my goal - 5 pounds more than what my coach set, but I am set on reaching my goal!
Wow, if you don't mind me asking how old are you. Awesome numbers. I am 5'2 and hoping to settle when I can rock a bikini. My coach has set a goal for 115.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Wow, if you don't mind me asking how old are you. Awesome numbers. I am 5'2 and hoping to settle when I can rock a bikini. My coach has set a goal for 115.
Hi, Sonya. Hahaha....I'm 52. Don't know if I'll ever be able to "rock a bikini" again. Between 2 c-sections and menopause, I think those days may be behind me! I can still wear "certain types" of 2-pc bathing suits - but as far as rocking it....nahhhhh I do a lot of scuba diving, and prefer the 2 piece. I remember being 109 before getting pregnant with my second child and feeling good - so that's why I'm shooting for 110.

I have my share of "cottage cheese" around the thighs and butt, but am finding that this diet is really helping reduce the amount of cellulite....thank goodness. But most important, it's helping me get my insulin resistance, bp and cholesterol in check. I have a family history of diabetes and heart disease on both sides of my family, so I am working hard to fight genetics!
sstw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Default stayin motivated when you're so close to goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomor View Post
I have adjusted my goal weight several times. Right now I'm shooting for another 7 pounds to 140 which will take me over 100 pounds lost! That seems like something to brag about! Then I will have a bit of a float between 140 and 150. I am a solid size 14 right now, with a few size 16s and 12s depending on the brand. I feel really good at this weight.

I was thrilled recently to buy a couple of dresses for special occasions! I had not worn a dress in years because I hated the way I looked.

It has been a bit difficult to stay motivated to lose these last few pounds. I feel so good right now that sometimes I feel like I should just let that goal go and be happy with where I'm at. But another part of me would just like to get there, even if it's slow going. Soooo, I'm in!
Good to hear that I'm not alone with these feelings. I've been 100%OP since I started in June, lost 67 lbs and I reset my goal down another 10 lbs...was thinking I might even strive for 130/135 but something happened to my motivation this week and I can't pinpoint why. Today I ate "off plan" and really binged on peanuts and my mom's peanut clusters. I don't know what possessed me, and why I kept eating until the bag was empty. Makes me think I haven't learned anything in the last 4 1/2 months. Why couldn't I stop after 1 or 2 or even 3?!! At 58, I want to put this destructive behavior behind me. Has anyone been successful at fending off those binge urges for good?
cscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
Hi, Sonya. Hahaha....I'm 52. Don't know if I'll ever be able to "rock a bikini" again. Between 2 c-sections and menopause, I think those days may be behind me! I can still wear "certain types" of 2-pc bathing suits - but as far as rocking it....nahhhhh I do a lot of scuba diving, and prefer the 2 piece. I remember being 109 before getting pregnant with my second child and feeling good - so that's why I'm shooting for 110.

I have my share of "cottage cheese" around the thighs and butt, but am finding that this diet is really helping reduce the amount of cellulite....thank goodness. But most important, it's helping me get my insulin resistance, bp and cholesterol in check. I have a family history of diabetes and heart disease on both sides of my family, so I am working hard to fight genetics!
5'4 at 126, you are already rocking it. own it. so you have battleground scars, we all do. i had a c-section, that didn't heal well.

Glad to hear about the insulin resistance, bp and cholesterol. vanity aside, health is so important. good for you for taking stock of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post
Good to hear that I'm not alone with these feelings. I've been 100%OP since I started in June, lost 67 lbs and I reset my goal down another 10 lbs...was thinking I might even strive for 130/135 but something happened to my motivation this week and I can't pinpoint why. Today I ate "off plan" and really binged on peanuts and my mom's peanut clusters. I don't know what possessed me, and why I kept eating until the bag was empty. Makes me think I haven't learned anything in the last 4 1/2 months. Why couldn't I stop after 1 or 2 or even 3?!! At 58, I want to put this destructive behavior behind me. Has anyone been successful at fending off those binge urges for good?
So you ate a bag of peanuts, big deal. You lost SIXTY-SEVEN pounds. I think key may not be to beat yourself up over it and focus on the positive.

Almost at the finish line.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

cscape - I ditto what Sonya said - so you slipped....you're human. But you also lost 67 POUNDS - WOW!!!! That's pretty amazing, and you should be so proud. Guilt and depression are wasted emotions...I know. Just put it behind you - there's nothing you can do about what's done. Just refocus and keep your end goal in mind. Because just like the hair color commercial says....."You're worth it!"
sstw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #54  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

I've been really struggling with my last 15 lbs...now down to 12 to go. Am so happy with how I look now that it's hard to stay motivated. But, really need to get my BMI down a bit more, and the fat% down quite a bit more. Was really hoping to be at goal by Thanksgiving, but now hoping to be there by Christmas.

I am worth it and WILL reach my goal!
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Tightwad, isn't it nice when you hit a number you have not seen. I saw 135.6, dont know the last time i saw this may be 14 years ago. just too happy

20.6 more pounds to go

Funny thing is I was looking at an ID card I got a year ago in May and I stated my weight at number that has to have been a lie (small one). I said I weight 175 which I am fairly certain I did not. Can't wait until that ID card is overstated not understated!
tightwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightwad View Post
Funny thing is I was looking at an ID card I got a year ago in May and I stated my weight at number that has to have been a lie (small one). I said I weight 175 which I am fairly certain I did not. Can't wait until that ID card is overstated not understated!
My drivers license states 175 too! I will be so happy when that is no longer true in the OTHER direction
Alma4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #57  
IP Start: 11/18/13

S/C/G: 186/186/130

Height: 5'1"

I have the same problem! I'm happy with the way I look, the size I'm wearing... it's tough to stay motivated, though it shouldn't be! I've recommitted... best of luck with the last 12!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I've been really struggling with my last 15 lbs...now down to 12 to go. Am so happy with how I look now that it's hard to stay motivated. But, really need to get my BMI down a bit more, and the fat% down quite a bit more. Was really hoping to be at goal by Thanksgiving, but now hoping to be there by Christmas.

ashmeg07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post

You are worth it and you will make it in less time than it took to gain it
Old 11-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #59  
Started IP 8/12/12

S/C/G: 217/217/160

Height: 5'5"

I have 20 to go but with an upcoming cruise next week, I'm already feeling like I've checked out and having a hard time staying on track. My coach had me start Phase 3 in preparation and it's been frustrating trying to figure out what to have and I'm already up two pounds from it (I expected it, but I'm a numbers person so it kills me to see the scale go up) but I just have to focus on the fact that I have the tools to lose what I may put on while away, and life goes on.

I think a big part of my struggling right now is that I'm at the goal weight I chose way back in January when I started dieting, long before I discovered IP, and I lowered it another twenty a few weeks ago. So I almost feel like stopping here but know that another 20 really would be a good, healthy place to be.
Sarahjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
I have 20 to go but with an upcoming cruise next week, I'm already feeling like I've checked out and having a hard time staying on track. My coach had me start Phase 3 in preparation and it's been frustrating trying to figure out what to have and I'm already up two pounds from it (I expected it, but I'm a numbers person so it kills me to see the scale go up) but I just have to focus on the fact that I have the tools to lose what I may put on while away, and life goes on.

I think a big part of my struggling right now is that I'm at the goal weight I chose way back in January when I started dieting, long before I discovered IP, and I lowered it another twenty a few weeks ago. So I almost feel like stopping here but know that another 20 really would be a good, healthy place to be.
Don't make this a cycle. Trust yourself. Yes you have 20 to go, go on the cruise enjoy yourself, walk everywhere, make some good choices, some naughty choices come back and get back on track.

we all will have to learn to do this to maintain our new sexy figures