Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #16  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Please post what exactly you've done to dehydrate things. I almost have my dehydrator cleaned from being in storage. I would like to try some of the things you've mentioned that are sooooo good.
Thanks,
Molly
Hi, Molly - I never really do exactly the same thing twice, but...

For the eggplant today I cut it into quarters the long way, sliced 1/8" thick, salted it, let it drain for an hour or so, and rinsed with cool water - just to make sure there's no bitter taste. I rinsed it and laid it on paper towels to dry a bit. Put it on the trays, misted with olive oil (with Misto), added powdered garlic (and curry powder instead to one tray). Did not add more salt because even after rinsing, it still seemed plenty salty. The timing thing is hard to say - depends how thick your slices are and what you're dehydrating. I set it at 145 and will check in a couple of hours and then give it a couple more if it seems to need it. I can usually tell when things are done because (a) the edges start to turn up a bit when it's really dry, and (b) it does not stick to the tray at all.

I have dehydrated in the past (zucchini, jiciama, whatever) without misting with EVOO, but somebody suggested that, so I'm giving it a try. Also, anything other than eggplant would be less work - just slice, put it on the tray, and season.

Also, if you do jicima, try cinnamon and splenda/stevia as the topping. Like apple pie chips - yum!!

As Rainbow says, the only problem with these veggie chips is it takes so long to make them, and they're gone so fast!!!

Last edited by Lizzy63; 09-08-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #17  
Restart IP 8/29/12

S/C/G: 191/167/140

Height: 5'6"

Had my 1 week WI on Thursday after having been off IP for about 5 weeks. I was down an additional 2 lbs, 1 1/2", lower fat% and muscle mass stayed the same. I was very excited since TOM came to visit that morning as well.

Football party this evening. I'm a little nervous since the host mentioned the menu. To avoid no-no's I usually distract myself. Usually out of sight out of mind, but since she texted me last night it is ALL I can think about. I'll have to make sure I am VERY FULL before I get there!

About to head out to the farmers market then to search for a dehydrator. Have a great OP weekend and GEAUX TIGERS!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
Good Saturday Morning Ipeeps!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!! I off to TRY my longest bike ride ever!!! 20 miles!!! whew!!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love your ideas for cooking. Is there a way to print them out? I'm not computer savy but was thinking if I tried to print it would bring everyone's comments along with. Suggestions?
Old 09-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #19  
started IP 7/17/2012

Skim Milk vs Almond Milk (unsweetened)

Skim milk is usually 80/0/12 (calories/fat/carbs) per 8 oz. serving. Almond milk is 40/3/2 and 1 net carb (since 1 of the 2 carbs is fiber).

So, the 1 oz. of skim milk we are permitted daily is 8/0/1.5, while 4 ounces of the almond milk would be 10/<0.5/0. Does anybody see any harm in switching 4 ounces of almond milk for the 1 oz. of skim milk?
Old 09-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I am sitting here laughing at myself

After much internal debate I finally ordered a dehydrator...now I have to finish my house cleaning before I can bring it in the house!! BUT I was really trying to justify bringing it in now (and even I can admit what will happen to my cleaning if I have a new toy to play with), so instead I allowed myself to check in on the daily thread as a treat

Does anyone else see the humor in a diet website being a reward?!? I'll take it though, cuz it really is something I look forward to.

Have an amazing Saturday!!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Please post what exactly you've done to dehydrate things. I almost have my dehydrator cleaned from being in storage. I would like to try some of the things you've mentioned that are sooooo good.
Thanks,
Molly
Mmmm that would be yummy to dehydrate some veggies! Would they still hold their nutritional value/count towards your 4 cups per day?

Also, when it comes to eating restricted, I've seen some people who wait until after the first month, some who wait until they have started phase 2, but whenever folks choose to start, should they only be a couple times a week, or is it ok to have them daily?
Old 09-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #22  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
Mmmm that would be yummy to dehydrate some veggies! Would they still hold their nutritional value/count towards your 4 cups per day?

Also, when it comes to eating restricted, I've seen some people who wait until after the first month, some who wait until they have started phase 2, but whenever folks choose to start, should they only be a couple times a week, or is it ok to have them daily?
Restricteds can be used once a day. My clinic encourages us to have our restricted as either breakfast or lunch, so that we have the activity of the day to use the extra carbs in them.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #23  
started IP 7/17/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im escaping View Post

After much internal debate I finally ordered a dehydrator...now I have to finish my house cleaning before I can bring it in the house!! BUT I was really trying to justify bringing it in now (and even I can admit what will happen to my cleaning if I have a new toy to play with), so instead I allowed myself to check in on the daily thread as a treat

Does anyone else see the humor in a diet website being a reward?!? I'll take it though, cuz it really is something I look forward to.

There's a lot of waiting, once you have the dehydrator loaded up - it takes hours. Plenty of time to clean while waiting...
Old 09-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #24  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

HAPPY DANCE! HAPPY DANCE!!

OOOooo HAPPY BiKE RiDiNG DANCE!

20 MiLES BABY!!!! 1 HOUR & 17 MiNS!!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #25  
Feed Your Freedom

ok....so i finally hit the 20 mile bike ride without stopping!! i can do 20 miles on a stationary bike in 1 hour, but on the outside bike it took me 1 hour and 17 mins!! it was a bit windy and sometimes the wind was in my face and sometimes at my back!!

I FEEL GREAT!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #26  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Awesome job!!!!

Quote:

Quote:
ok....so i finally hit the 20 mile bike ride without stopping!! i can do 20 miles on a stationary bike in 1 hour, but on the outside bike it took me 1 hour and 17 mins!! it was a bit windy and sometimes the wind was in my face and sometimes at my back!!

I FEEL GREAT!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #27  
started IP 7/17/2012

Quote:

I FEEL GREAT!!!
WAY TO GO, RAINBOW!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #28  

Quote:

You are awesome Rainbow!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE biking!!! I usually go at 6 am before work. My Trek Navigator loves me again after my 3 week hiatus, but doesn't it feel great having the wind whooshing in your face, through your helmet, and just the thrill of the open road!!! With my iPod cranked up, passersby must think I'm crazy cause I sing out loud along with JLO!! And of course I can't hear myself!! LOL!!

You are doing awesome!!! SO SO SO very proud of ou gf!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #29  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Good Saturday Morning Ipeeps!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!! I off to TRY my longest bike ride ever!!! 20 miles!!! whew!!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTG Rainbow!

Happy Saturday everyone! No big plans this weekend other than hopefully spending some time outside since it looks like it's finally cooling down a bit. It's finally in the low 90's here today, and hopefully no more 100 plus days this year. However we did go out with a bang of it being 104 her for the last few days. I do enjoy the heat, but it was even starting to get to me.

Make it a great 100% day everyone.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #30  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
Okay! Party started at cabin! What an eating place! I crave chips so much. I didn't bring any for family either. I am only one on IP so feel kinda lonely. Everyone else is having drinks and eating all they can find.

So good to have this forum of like minded people to keep me on track. My brother and SIL are both on IP and together talked themselves into going off for Asian take out food. So I guess having someone close doesn't always help either.

Positives for today - beautiful, sunny fall day. Kinda cool in am as just above freezing. Wood stove gives off such a cozy heat.

No WI for two weeks as coach was away. Looking forward to WI, didn't think I would miss it so much. Lol! Such a motivator to see results of all the things I resist eating. We should score double for that!!
If you crave chips...trust me when i say, try yellow crook neck squash chips baked in the oven!!!! oh my salty crispy goodness!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
20 miles. That is great! What kind of a bike do you have? I have such trouble with the handlebars hurting my arms and shoulders.
...will upload another photo when i can find it on the computer!! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Good morning all!

It's a beautiful day here in central IL - sunny and the high will be 72!!!

Working on some eggplant chips in the dehydrator. I think that may be my new favorite veggie chip, but can't have them too often since it's a restricted veggie.

Hang in there, ROFL306!!
i have not tried eggplant chips yet!!! might have to try them. i DO NOT like eggplant at all hahaha cooked!!...grilled....sauteed...baked....but hey, you never know about those salty chips!!

do they get crunchy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Morning IPeeps!

I am on vacation and pretty much on plan, except for some wine last night (which was part of my plan anyway). Got up and worked out this morning.

Today was to be my weigh-in, but since I'm on the road...I did weigh on the hotel fitness center scale and it was 129, so I figure I am on track for maintaining.

Going out for breakfast this morning. Yesterday I had ProtiDiet oatmeal. It was really good, although the portion was mega-small!

Everyone have a great OP day!
have fun!!! no more wine now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Oh, that sounds so great! I loved my 15-20 mile rides. I need a new bike! I don't have one anymore. That is on my list. I'll have to check out Craigslist
yes....YES....oOOOOoooo YES!!! riding a bike is like turning the clocks of time backwards...i feel like such a free spirited kid on a bike...on a bike i feel strong...on a bike i feel skinny!!....on a bike....BRING IT ON SISTA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Hey, IPeeps! If you're on facebook, make sure you "like" Ideal Protein. As I was cruising facebook this morning, Wuv's beautiful face came up....She is IP's dieter of the week! We all know how wonderful she is, now the entire Ideal Protein world will know too! So exciting! I feel like I know a real celebrity! Awesome job, Lisa! Such a great story!
yes, she is a celebrity!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonderful journey!!! we are lucky to be a part of it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I was debating what to have for breaky when I read this post - cookies it was! I topped them with a little smear of WF strawberry spread - yumminess!

I miss my bike rides!!! You can do it, after the first 10 miles your legs just know what to do and you FLY

So after a couple of weeks where TOM was in hiding, he has arrived in FULL FORCE I don't usually get cramps but MAN these are bad. Just glad that my body has finally gotten back on track, I'm hoping that either this WI or next sees a big drop once TOM takes his leave!! Onederland is so close I can SMELL IT!!

Going to attempt to get the kids to the zoo today (we live about a 20 minute walk from the town zoo) and wear them out while hubby is in his Biology class. When he gets out of class, we have to head to our local winery (there is a FANTASTIC urban winery downtown, they buy grapes locally and cask their own wine right in the storefront!) as we joined their "wine club" last year. Once every 3 months we have to buy 3 bottles from them, but we get a discount and usually get first crack at their new blends. Can't have wine now, but we'll have PLENTY of good wine for once I'm in Maintenance!!
can't wait to celebrate onederland with you!!!!!!!
ooooh yes, get a bike!!! and omg....what other diet can you have cookies for brekkie!! seriously!! WE ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning peeps!Had my WI this morning. Lost 3/4 of a pound. I'll take it. I did a
5K last Monday, and other walks- which always kind of stalls my losses. The cause was good, though, and it was fun! My skin feels less wiggly, so I think that is positive, anyway.
I need to enlarge one of my gardening beds, DH says the tomato plants are encroaching the grass. So, I'll make em bigger!
Also shopping with DH to get him some jeans. Praying for patience, as this may be an agonizing way to spend the morning. I'm not going to shop myself, as I am within 20 of goal, I want to make do as much as I can, till done.
WAY TO GO!!!! oooo how was your 5k!! mine is coming up soon!!! gonna get my walk on tomorrow and do a 2 mile beach walk!!! woohoo!!! might try for 3 but 2 for sure!!! picnic and sand in my toes...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! yeah the tourists are gone....and we have our beach back!!! yippeeeeeeeeee edisto here i come!!!

Quote:
Thanks,
Molly
good morning beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
As Rainbow says, the only problem with these veggie chips is it takes so long to make them, and they're gone so fast!!!
alas....so true!!!!!! 2.5 hours in the oven and 2.5 mins until all inside my tummy!! hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammabell View Post
Had my 1 week WI on Thursday after having been off IP for about 5 weeks. I was down an additional 2 lbs, 1 1/2", lower fat% and muscle mass stayed the same. I was very excited since TOM came to visit that morning as well.

Football party this evening. I'm a little nervous since the host mentioned the menu. To avoid no-no's I usually distract myself. Usually out of sight out of mind, but since she texted me last night it is ALL I can think about. I'll have to make sure I am VERY FULL before I get there!

About to head out to the farmers market then to search for a dehydrator. Have a great OP weekend and GEAUX TIGERS!
wooohooo for another 2 lbs!!! way to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satobb View Post
I love your ideas for cooking. Is there a way to print them out? I'm not computer savy but was thinking if I tried to print it would bring everyone's comments along with. Suggestions?
i would suggest opening a word document, then copy and paste. hope that helps!!

Quote:
Skim Milk vs Almond Milk (unsweetened)

Skim milk is usually 80/0/12 (calories/fat/carbs) per 8 oz. serving. Almond milk is 40/3/2 and 1 net carb (since 1 of the 2 carbs is fiber).

So, the 1 oz. of skim milk we are permitted daily is 8/0/1.5, while 4 ounces of the almond milk would be 10/<0.5/0. Does anybody see any harm in switching 4 ounces of almond milk for the 1 oz. of skim milk?
i already made that switch!!! hahaha so i vote yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im escaping View Post

yes, i know what you mean....i had neglected housework for weeks, so yesterday made myself clean and do errands BEFORE my reward to get online!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post

i have used a restricted every day since i started and it does not appear to have hindered my journey. i live for my restricted haha

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 09-08-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Closed Thread