Old 09-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #1  

Default Great IP Coaches

I keep reading on the forum horror stories about their coaches being horrible to them or having to pay extra fees for appointments/journals/etc. I just wanted to know if anyone out there has an amazing coach like I do? I look forward to my meeting with my coach each week because she is so kind and supportive and so positive at each meeting. I feel like I can admit my mistakes to her without getting told off for messing up or cheating. We can discuss my unsupportive friends and she gives me advice for dealing with them. I'm glad I have someone to bounce ideas off of.

Anyways, I just wanted to hear from other IP peeps if I'm the only one who got lucky and got a great coach or if there are other awesome ones out there
miztiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I changed coaches at my clinic because I didn't mesh well with my first one. My second coach was a better fit for me. Coaches are not certified professionals in the IP world. They should all be people people and those who are not that good tend to have low emotional intelligence.

I'm glad to hear you have such a positive role model as your IP coach! What state are you in?
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 303/see tracker/170

Height: 5'10"

I have an amazing coach too! She is great and provides all of the things that your coach does, miztiry!

I feel fortunate to have a great one after the posts here as well!
slimmingitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

I freakin adore my coach. She's so knowledgeable, so supportive, so tough when I need her to be and even when I don't think I need her to be. Couldn't ask for more - she's made the program for me.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #5  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

I love my coach as well. She kept me on the program when I was discouraged and has always very positive things to say.
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 100 to lose

Height: 6'2"

I love my coach! She just happens to be my mom
DaisyLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #7  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

My coach is awesome! She has maintained for several years, is very knowledgeable, and supportive/tough when needed.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #8  

My coach is the best. She also is a personal trainer. Would not trade her for anything.
newlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #9  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztiry View Post
I keep reading on the forum horror stories about their coaches being horrible to them or having to pay extra fees for appointments/journals/etc. I just wanted to know if anyone out there has an amazing coach like I do? I look forward to my meeting with my coach each week because she is so kind and supportive and so positive at each meeting. I feel like I can admit my mistakes to her without getting told off for messing up or cheating. We can discuss my unsupportive friends and she gives me advice for dealing with them. I'm glad I have someone to bounce ideas off of.

Anyways, I just wanted to hear from other IP peeps if I'm the only one who got lucky and got a great coach or if there are other awesome ones out there
My coach in Baton Rouge is very positive and supportive, but I know others in my area on IP who get a lot more counseling from their coaches. I get a great "shish boom ra - go team - you look amazing" but not a lot of depth. Also, one friend sends me the Ideal TV video series she receives from her coach several times a week. And another whose coach actually counseled them on what their weight should be, measures body fat, etc. Mine doesn't do any of those things. But she's nice, positive, accomodating, lets me buy food by the packet, and I've been really focused so maybe I just don't need much. Very interesting how coaches and clinics are so very different in approach. Thanks to all for sharing!
Ken
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #10  

Height: 5'2"

my coach is understanding and ablet o answer any questions I might have. I have some friends that live in another town that changed their coach at their clinic because the chemistry didn't mix. I have been very lucky
ddpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I changed coaches at my clinic because I didn't mesh well with my first one. My second coach was a better fit for me. Coaches are not certified professionals in the IP world. They should all be people people and those who are not that good tend to have low emotional intelligence.

I'm glad to hear you have such a positive role model as your IP coach! What state are you in?
I live in Washington and go to a clinic in Bellingham.
miztiry is offline   Reply With Quote