Old 09-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
So would you say that the "average" of 3 pound loss per week for me is unrealistic then? I've been eating pretty low cal with Weight Watchers so it's not like I'm going from eating tons and unhealthy to eating low cal - I'm going from low cal to lower cal LOL. I am worried that I won't see big losses with IP - but I know it's in the 800-1000 cals per day range - surely that PLUS being in ketosis will be enough to shock my system into letting go of the fat??

As well, it's not the length of the sessions I'm worried about, it's the weight. I've always wanted an athletic looking body where you can see some muscle definition and I'm finally starting to get there - I'm scared of losing the muscle mass (albeit as small as it is) since it took me so much time, money and effot to get it. You can't get muscle mass (esp as a woman) by lifting 5 pound dumbbells - I lift heavy and want to keep it that way. It doesn't take long to lose muscle mass (again esp. for a woman), which is why I don't want to be away from it for too long. I'm not as concerned about cardio - I can get that back fairly quickly - muscle is a lot harder.
You have so little to lose that I don't think losing 3 pounds is reasonable other than perhaps the first week or two for you. My daughter is a drop shorter than you, and had to lose about 20 pounds. She dropped 3 pounds the first week, and now about 1 to 2 pounds at most every week after that. She did get her body fat pretty low though for not being an athlete, she was down to 17 percent.

I really wouldn't worry about the weight you are lifting. I power lift as I too am going for definition. but I make sure I keep the duration down to about 30 minutes and have some extra protein on those days.

I'm not a fan of WW, too many carbs to be healthy. Have you looked into the Paleo/Primal way of eating? That might be another long term solution for you. After I'm done with IP I will be switching to that way of eating for the rest of my life, with a few cheat days here and there.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Exercise on IP Diet

Here is a link that may help answer your question. Good luck on your weight loss. This is an amazing plan to lose those last stubborn pounds. I had 75 stubborn pounds and that is why I am on the Ideal Protein diet.

http://www.wsafc.org/FRWC/Shared%20D...OTOCOL-MEDICAL[1].pdf (please copy)

Sorry, I do not know how to post a link. Anyone can send me a private message to let me know how. Thanks.
Blueskywyoming is offline   Reply With Quote