Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
well storm gone and power back on. Time to get back OP and finish this.
Big Daddy,
You have lost an amazing amount of weight since April! CONGRATULATIONS!

You must feel wonderful.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Big Daddy,
You have lost an amazing amount of weight since April! CONGRATULATIONS!

You must feel wonderful.
Thank you working hard. with the storm put a little back on but i will have that gone in a week or so. i have come to far to stop now. looking better and feeling good. ready to finish this and get in the gym. looking forward to having my beach body back by next summer.lol
Old 09-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #63  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

It's Sunday, have a great IP day all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Mompattie - thanks My 5 year old actually took that picture on Tuesday when we were outside the Boston Children's Museum!

OK sooooooo I just got home from the hospital. My hubby has been admitted to the ICU, he's a diabetic and was in DKA (Diabetic Ketoacidosis) plus dehydrated. His blood sugars had been super high all day, and then they spiked over 500 in spite of the insulin he was taking. DKA can be dangerous if left untreated, and because he needs to receive insulin via an IV he has to be closely monitored in Intensive Care.

He's in good spirits in spite of everything, and my brother in law was kind enough to come over and stay at the house with the kids so I could go to the hospital. It just stinks, chances are pretty good he'll be there till at least Monday morning. Prayers and kind thoughts are appreciated!!
So sorry about your DH is in the hospital, and hope he's able to come home soon.

OT - you look awesome in your pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
well storm gone and power back on. Time to get back OP and finish this.
Go Big Daddy Go!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #64  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
This website sells IP products. www.plainprotein.com.

Molly
Great weight loss Molly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Woot! Congratulations! That is exciting being so close to onderland indeed!

Awesome on the booth and the compliments NSV! Thanks for sharing.

Great job on your weigh in! Hooray for happy wallets too.

Oh yah.. I'm so going to enjoy this long weekend. I slept in till 10! So it's off to a great start. I'm going to load up the dehydrator with apples for the guys in my house today.

Congratulations! You might not feel like eating other good foods for being full. Then again I remember not wanting to eat that first quarter anyway - might be a good thing for you if you are going thru that. Probably good to just ask the doctor.

Congratulations! You are rocking this. I wasn't watching for the Aspartame Free options early on with the alternative products I used and I had cravings or "head hunger" a lot. Once I started using Aspartame Free the cravings got better. You might check your alternative products and see if any have Aspartame sneaking in.

Have a great weekend all! Labor Day - Back to School sales all over the place this weekend. I might go cloths looking.

Barb
Thanks Barb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
First day of Phase 4 and I am starting off with my 'cheat day'...lol. Not 'on purpose'! This is the last day of restaurant week in Dallas (cheap meals at nice places) and we have reservations at a top steakhouse, a 4-course meal here for $35, when just the entree alone would normally be $50+ is something I couldn't pass up! We went to a different place last Sun, and I made my IP Phase 3 changes, but I want to enjoy my meal tonight and have a nice glass of wine and I am officially allowed now...just have to have my Phase 1 day tomorrow!. I must admit I have been Phase 1ing it this morning though, and also did my weightlifting + cardio, still a little leery of this whole 'cheat day'...more of a 'cheat meal'.
Hottie in hot pants! Keep up th great work. Your an inspiration.

Quote:
Ugh. I had plans today to take the kids to the bike path and playground, then one of the local farms was doing a movie in the cornfield (they also have homemade ice cream). Hubby is currently retching in the bathroom and my littlest has a 102 degree fever. So instead I'm letting my older boy have a video game day (he loves to play the games on PBS) and I'm scrubbing everything down with disinfectant. On the plus side, I am looking forward to trying a mock shepherd's pie tonight and then making some Proti-diet Amaretto Cappucino mix into cookies for my evening snack!
. I had the flu for a week, still can't sleep well, the cough is awful! Hope they're better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Hi everyone, It's been a rough couple of days. My 10yr. old son has been having medical issues all summer with many tests and nothing discovered. Yesterday he had an endoscopy and colonoscopy which started with him only being allowed to eat clear liquids on Thursday - and having to drink unpleasant stuff to "clear his system" - then the tests came back identifying he has an ulcer in his small intestines and the doctor thinks it is Crohn's disease. When I went to the store after I brought him home - every candy bar there was screaming out my name - but I stayed strong - and today I had promised him I'd make "candy sushi" which is rice krispy treats wrapped in fruit roll-ups with gummy worms inside - again, I didn't have a single taste - the strength this program has given in me to believe in myself and my ability to make the right food choice is amazing - and since diet will definitely be a part of treatment if he does have Crohn's I am SO thankful that I have finally worked through my relationship with food enough to know that I have the power and I have the choice - not the food having the power over me - I know it will help me be a better mom to him and a role model as he has watched me make tough but better food decisions over the last 6 months. If this were last February - I would have eaten half the plate of rice krispy treats by now. I really believe we are blessed to have found this program. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
. Good work staying OP. take care of your little boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
First time at a restaurant since starting IP. DH and I use restaurant time to connect to each other (fewer distractions than all the chores of home). I forgot to ask for my salmon "clean" and it came to my plate with a thick marinade. I hope I didn't throw off my sugars, but I cut the top and bottom off the salmon and just ate the middle. I also didn't eat as much veggie as I should since I didn't want to overdo on carbs. I always seem to have a hard time eating enough veggies. Maybe I need to use a food scale to know for sure.
Happy Labor Day everyone ... Take it easy!
A scale for meats is a good idea but a dry measure cup is all you need for your veggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmeanni View Post
Can someone answer this: I usually blend my spinach,lettuce and Eas shake with 1 tsp of olive oil together. Is this ok?
Sure. Says long as you stay with in the limits on your phase one sheet.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #65  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Sunday morning

I talked to hubby this morning, he's still in Intensive Care and they finally let him eat something, so he was "enjoying" a hospital breakfast His blood sugars had started to come down overnight but then this morning were back up over 380 so they're keeping him on the IV insulin for a bit longer. Probably not coming home today, but hopefully he'll get downgraded to a regular floor and then home tomorrow. I'm working on getting someone to watch the kids so I can head over, I'd bring them but my little one still had a fever last night so he really shouldn't go near the hospital. At least they got to talk to Daddy on the phone this morning
Old 09-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #66  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Scorbett, hope everything turns out ok for your hubby.

Busy day yesterday and stayed OP. Had a bridal shower for my soon to be daughter in law with lots of good food and I just ate some veggies. Then went on a bus for the bacherolette party with lots of drinking and I drank my water all night. It was a late night and I have a headache this morning but not from a hangover!

I have been fighting with TOM for three weeks now. I wish he would just go away!

Happy Sunday and Labor day everyone.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #67  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Mompattie - thanks My 5 year old actually took that picture on Tuesday when we were outside the Boston Children's Museum!

OK sooooooo I just got home from the hospital. My hubby has been admitted to the ICU, he's a diabetic and was in DKA (Diabetic Ketoacidosis) plus dehydrated. His blood sugars had been super high all day, and then they spiked over 500 in spite of the insulin he was taking. DKA can be dangerous if left untreated, and because he needs to receive insulin via an IV he has to be closely monitored in Intensive Care.

He's in good spirits in spite of everything, and my brother in law was kind enough to come over and stay at the house with the kids so I could go to the hospital. It just stinks, chances are pretty good he'll be there till at least Monday morning. Prayers and kind thoughts are appreciated!!
So sorry to hear that! I will be thinking of you.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #68  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

My hubby chopped my internet cable in attempt to be kind and weed my garden (um... thank you??) so I have been off line for a bit and am suffering from 3FC WITHDRAWAL! It's amazing how easy it is to "get behind" and miss some great new recipe or tidbit. Anyway, I popped in to "work" so can't technically spend too long reading but wanted to share my NSV:
1) I went to Value Village (used clothing) to get a few "for now" pants and AGAIN I was able to buy a size 14 -- and not even from the "oversized" store. So NOW I'm stoked! I bought some awesome dresspants for work for 7.99 and now am kicking myself that I went to a "real" store last week -- coulda got 6 pair for the same price! LOL
2) My scale said 189.8 this morning. It may only by 0.2 but it got me into the "80"s... I should wear my legwarmers and "flashdance" spandex to celebrate the 80s!!..... er.... maybe the world isn't ready for that yet!
(Rainbow-- I need a link for "She's a Maniac, maniac on the floor... and she dances like she's never danced before!...) --- visualize me on the chair with the water splashing down....
Old 09-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #69  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

I haven't been on here in forever. I am a teacher and we started school on August 13th, so I have been a bit busy.

I am down 35 lbs in 3 months. I am almost halfway to goal which is pretty exciting. I did have a cheat day last weekend while in New Orleans for my sister's bridal shower, but it wasn't that bad. I did escape before Isaac made his appearance. My whole family is down there, and everyone faired well.

I have 5 weeks until my sister's wedding, and I would like to be 15-20 lbs lighter by then. Any suggestions??
Old 09-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend. Here's to a great OP day!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

So sorry about your hubby. I would be happy to watch your kiddies but I think I live a little far away... Prayers with you always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
Had a birthday party and a wedding yesterday. Did fine at the birthday party - it was at lunch time so I had my S+V ridges with salad and broccoli. The wedding was not so successful. It was catered BBQ and there was not one vegetable on the menu. Well, except for the candied sweet potato mash. So, I got in line and got BBQ chicken and pulled pork and some potato salad. I cut the skin off the chicken but there was still too much sauce all over it. So I excused myself to the bathroom and my husband ate off my plate. When I got back to the table, he loudly asked if he could have my food since he didn't get any pork or potato salad. I wasn't really hungry, but we left a little early to get home so I could have an IP friendly dinner.

I couldn't partake in the dessert which was cupcakes (chocolate filled w/creme like Hostess cupcakes) either, but I got to smell them and boy they smelled great!
Great NSV with the cupcakes. I often do my "aromatherapy" over all the yummy desserts. Good work. And yay for the support of the hubby...
Old 09-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
A few NSV's to report lots of complements at a wedding last night and of a family photo from the wedding on FB. And I'm sitting at an boot with a table and bench that don't move! Who Hoo! Booths have scared me for a long time.
Vet, You have lost TWO small gymnasts! Way to go, dude!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
First day of Phase 4 and I am starting off with my 'cheat day'...lol. Not 'on purpose'! This is the last day of restaurant week in Dallas (cheap meals at nice places) and we have reservations at a top steakhouse, a 4-course meal here for $35, when just the entree alone would normally be $50+ is something I couldn't pass up! We went to a different place last Sun, and I made my IP Phase 3 changes, but I want to enjoy my meal tonight and have a nice glass of wine and I am officially allowed now...just have to have my Phase 1 day tomorrow!. I must admit I have been Phase 1ing it this morning though, and also did my weightlifting + cardio, still a little leery of this whole 'cheat day'...more of a 'cheat meal'.
Lizz, this is so nice! Enjoy your meal! And the best part: You will look so cute! You know...It's all about the cute. Am I right?
Old 09-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I had my WI today, only lost a pound- but still going in the right direction. I also gained more lean muscle mass too, so that's good. I did go to Old Navy to try on some pants, as mine were all kind of floppy in the legs. I grabbed a bunch of different sizes...and walked out with a pair of size 12 skinny jeans. That was so much better than the 1 pound loss. I have not seen a size 12 in at least 15 years.
When I figure out how to post a pic, i will do it. i know its in one of the threads.
You look so cute!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

My husband dropped the bomb on me today that he is thinking about doing IP in January (we have a trip planned in December - I'll be in maintenance by then and he doesn't want to start until after the trip.) I'm super excited for him and never thought he would make that decision but he has seen it work for me so it's his turn. My question is do you think he should go to a clinic (the one I go to is great) or should I just order the food on-line for him - we know the program - but is there something about the coaching that helps? I'm especially interested in the male point of view here - thanks!
Closed Thread