Old 08-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/175

Height: 5' 5

Default Herbal tea - fruit/berry flavored?

So here is my question... I have been drinking herbal tea every afternoon and evening (decaf) but I got to thinking (always dangerous! LOL!)... the teas I have been using are ALL natural ingredients but have fruit and or berries in them... this would be going against IP protocol would it not?

Should I be sticking with herbal tea flavours that don't use fruit and/or berries?

TIA,
Lorette
Lorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I would check the nutritional information on the product. It shouldn't be an issue unless there are carbs in the tea, but I can't imagine that would be the case.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

I checked with my coach yesterday and she said mostly all the teas are acceptable unless it already has sugar added which we are not allowed to have. I did get the Celestial Seasoning Fruit Sampler tea its ok taste wise but I guess for me it takes getting use to.
prettyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
I checked with my coach yesterday and she said mostly all the teas are acceptable unless it already has sugar added which we are not allowed to have. I did get the Celestial Seasoning Fruit Sampler tea its ok taste wise but I guess for me it takes getting use to.
Good to see you around again Pretty one!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #5  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
So here is my question... I have been drinking herbal tea every afternoon and evening (decaf) but I got to thinking (always dangerous! LOL!)... the teas I have been using are ALL natural ingredients but have fruit and or berries in them... this would be going against IP protocol would it not?

Should I be sticking with herbal tea flavours that don't use fruit and/or berries?

TIA,
Lorette
I was just checking this last night! We were given some tea and coffee t-discs for our tassimo and there was a tea bar raspberry iced tea. I thought I would give it a try, but then decided to check the carb content. It has two grams of carbs, so I decided to stay away from it. We are allowed between 40-50g of carbs per day, and I didn't want to knowingly add carbs in the form of a drink. I would say check the label, my phase 1 sheet says that you can only add things that are zero carb, zero fat and zero sugar. Regular tea and coffee have zero carbs.

Lana

WI#1: -7lbs
WI#2: -5lbs
WI#3: -2.6lbs

1st goal, 186lbs (-10%)

Last edited by Bella73123; 09-06-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Hey Wuv, Im still here mostly lurking haha. Its been busy at work so I jump on and off. I surely miss you guys.

All the teas(fruit/regular) that I've come in contact with are all zero and caffeine free. Mostly they are hot teas that you can make cold if you like.
prettyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/175

Height: 5' 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
All the teas(fruit/regular) that I've come in contact with are all zero and caffeine free. Mostly they are hot teas that you can make cold if you like.
Thank you ALL so much - will continue my 2 large mugs of caffeine free tea per day... moved onto a new favorite though... Stash's Licorice Spice... mmmm good!
Lorette is offline   Reply With Quote