3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Protein Shakes from grocery stores (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/265294-protein-shakes-grocery-stores.html)

Gordito 08-28-2012 11:56 AM

Protein Shakes from grocery stores

Has anyone looked into this as a substitute or suppliment shake. If so, which ones? Curious about the nutritional values and possible sugars in these. They definitely are cheaper than IP, but not sure about sacrificing the quality just to save money.

DanafromAustin 08-28-2012 12:14 PM

A lot of people use the EAS Low Carb Advantage drinks. They are a good match, and a little larger in size. You can buy them at most markets, Target, Walmart, etc. Here in Austin I pay about 5.00 for four of them.

LovelyAndLosing 08-28-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4451101)
A lot of people use the EAS Low Carb Advantage drinks. They are a good match, and a little larger in size. You can buy them at most markets, Target, Walmart, etc. Here in Austin I pay about 5.00 for four of them.

Jealous! I'm often paying $8!

Porthardygurl 08-28-2012 12:47 PM

I use the atkins rtd...

However, there is EAS and Muscle Milk and both are pretty good and an excellent substitute.

Tigerlvr52 08-28-2012 03:28 PM

I get this at Costco.... Good Good Price for Serving amounts.

CytoSport 100% Whey Concentrated and isolated protein.

Stats:
1 Scoop
140 Calories
2.5 Fat
70 Cholesterol
170 Sodium
220 Potassium
3 Carb
27 Protein

75 Servings per bag $ 50 per bag
$.66 a serving

Sometimes I eat 2 sometimes 3 a day. When I added up 3 Chocolate shakes from IP I got around 55 grams of Protein. When you have 2 of these shakes you are at 54 grams. Makes good spinach shakes.

warmheart 08-28-2012 03:50 PM

I was worried about being able to stay on the diet because of cost. I work at a hospital pharmacy and we have a large group of bariatric patients that come in for suppliments. One of them is Syntrax Nectar. It is 100 cal 0 fat 0 carb and 24g protein. I asked my coach about useing it as a substitute for my IP shakes. He wanted to see the lable first but did ok it because it uses the same sweetners that IP does. You probably wont find it in the suppermarket but you may find it in a vitamin & nutrition store. I looked it up on google shopping for in stock near by and did find a store near me. Or check with a bariatric center near you or buy on-line. I found a source that costs me $0.86 a serving. They have lots of flavors too. I haven't tried one yet that was intollerable and most are soooo good. :hug:

GoalFor40 08-28-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmheart (Post 4451296)
I was worried about being able to stay on the diet because of cost. I work at a hospital pharmacy and we have a large group of bariatric patients that come in for suppliments. One of them is Syntrax Nectar. It is 100 cal 0 fat 0 carb and 24g protein. I asked my coach about useing it as a substitute for my IP shakes. He wanted to see the lable first but did ok it because it uses the same sweetners that IP does. You probably wont find it in the suppermarket but you may find it in a vitamin & nutrition store. I looked it up on google shopping for in stock near by and did find a store near me. Or check with a bariatric center near you or buy on-line. I found a source that costs me $0.86 a serving. They have lots of flavors too. I haven't tried one yet that was intollerable and most are soooo good. :hug:

Thanks for the tip- I might want to check these out, they are very highly rated. Not sure if you can answer this, but I was looking at the nutrionals they have listed on netrition.com and it appears that some flavors only have 6 g of carb per serving- do you know if that is true?

Saradise 08-28-2012 09:27 PM

I use the Pure Protein 11oz canned shakes (not the bottles). It's approx. 150 calories, 1g fat, 1-4g carbs and 35g protein. (varies with diff flavors) I have lost weight great with them and so has my mom-in-law. They are a little more expensive though. ($3.39 a can). I get them at a local healthfood store.

I have considered the EAS ones, but there are not many flavors to choose from and I noticed that some have 3g of fat!

GoalFor40 08-28-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoalFor40 (Post 4451313)
Thanks for the tip- I might want to check these out, they are very highly rated. Not sure if you can answer this, but I was looking at the nutrionals they have listed on netrition.com and it appears that some flavors only have 6 g of carb per serving- do you know if that is true?

Nevermind, answered my own question, the serving size is 1/4 scoop, so one scoop is 24 grams.

Porthardygurl 08-29-2012 12:10 AM

apparently the shakes that are rtds from cosco by premier nutrition ARE IP chocolate rtd shakes..same company makes them apparently..just different nutritional stats because its a larger container.

patns 08-29-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 4451670)
apparently the shakes that are rtds from cosco by premier nutrition ARE IP chocolate rtd shakes..same company makes them apparently..just different nutritional stats because its a larger container.

Yes, this is the case in Canada anyway. The same company makes IP, Dr B's and the Premier Nutrition RTDs.

marlenesuer 08-29-2012 10:23 AM

$8 - ouch!:(

Wow!

Mine are $4.75.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovelyAndLosing (Post 4451134)
Jealous! I'm often paying $8!

Mandi85 08-29-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 4451136)
I use the atkins rtd...

However, there is EAS and Muscle Milk and both are pretty good and an excellent substitute.

Newbie here... what does rtd mean?

marlenesuer 08-29-2012 11:15 AM

rtd = READY TO DRINK :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandi85 (Post 4451971)
Newbie here... what does rtd mean?

princessM928 08-29-2012 12:10 PM

I order shake mix from Boby by Vi, I usually get them on ebay, on the body by vi site they are about $50.00 a bag for 30 shakes but I get them cheaper on ebay however they do not keep me full as long as the IP, I have found that to be the issue with all of them.