Old 08-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #1  

Unhappy I caved to a craving

2 1/2 weeks in and I caved to 2 slices of pizza, I am doing this diet on my own without a coach and assume that I should just get right back on track but I wonder if going in and out of ketosis is bad for your body. Did I just hurt myself (in addition to hurting my diet).
BackOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

No permanent damage. Just to your wallet and your mindset. But a learning experience. Just get right back on. Not the next day, but the next minute. Push the water today. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, find your hat and hop right back on. You are worth this. Look at your trigger and learn from it. Do not let that trigger sneak up on you again. You can do it.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280.2/205.2/180

Height: 5'10

I have to be honest.....I absolutely love pizza! The smell alone makes its so hard to resist. What I have done to make it easier is find an alternative. So I have found a recipe for cauliflower pizza. The crust is made from riced cauliflower, egg and I used veggie shreds cheese which my coach says is ok....he has reviewed my recipe and even posted it on his Facebook page....it's soooooo Delish and fulfills the pizza craving! You can use all veggies to top or use meat...whatever suits your fancy I search often on YouTube and here for recipes that can help substitute for those foods I crave the most. Stay strong and get back on program you are worth it my friend!
mishy226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #4  

thanks, I think I felt bloated, and guilty, the instant I ate it. I will pound water tonight.
BackOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #5  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishy226 View Post
I have to be honest.....I absolutely love pizza! The smell alone makes its so hard to resist. What I have done to make it easier is find an alternative. So I have found a recipe for cauliflower pizza. The crust is made from riced cauliflower, egg and I used veggie shreds cheese which my coach says is ok....he has reviewed my recipe and even posted it on his Facebook page....it's soooooo Delish and fulfills the pizza craving! You can use all veggies to top or use meat...whatever suits your fancy I search often on YouTube and here for recipes that can help substitute for those foods I crave the most. Stay strong and get back on program you are worth it my friend!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

You can also make pizza from soup packets (even the alternative ones!) - this has become a go-to for me lately! LizRR posted the recipe in her thread, but here it is:

To make the crust:
1 packet tomato basil soup (IP or other brand)
1 egg white
1/4 tsp baking powder
1-2 tsp water

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all of this up until it is batter-like. Spread it out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, I use the back of a spoon with a little water on it to spread it into a circle. Bake 10 minutes, flip and bake another 5 minutes. Top with 2 Tbsp mozzarella veggie shreds, veggies, (I've even done 5 turkey pepperoni and just balanced it with my nighttime protein). Bake another 5 minutes, and voila, pizza!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote