Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #106  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Hi, Cyndie - I have a Nesco model FD-60 purchased at Meijer for around $50. Seems to do a good job and it's less expensive than some other models. Also, I like that you can add more trays to expand the capacity.
Thanks Lizzy, mine is on order from Amazon....I can't wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
yeowchies! you just gave me the chills. Take care!

I used my mandolin today to slice up jicama root. It has a julienne setting for small size fries, so I used that. We'll see how they do, but I put Cinnamon and some stevia in the bag with them and shook it up before putting in the dehydrator. Since I only used two racks, I filled the rest with apples for hubby and son. Got to use my apple peeler/slicer dohicky machine which was fun.

We ordered our Excaliber dehydrator. We've been using my mom's so far and it works nice but doesn't get quite as high temp for jerky making, plus we have a farm we will be moving onto in a few years with lots of fruit trees planted but not yet producting due to tree maturity and deer liking fruit and us not being there yet. Hubby has done a lot of research on it - so that's what we're getting. 9 racks, fan in the back, yada yada. It's a spendy dehydrator, but should last the rest of our lifetimes. Ought to be here by end of next week - and I can dry the rest of those apples.

Hmmm dealing with sweet apples, today - and I made hubby air pop popcorn with a lot of butter on top. The thought of a taste crossed my mind but not seriously before it was shoved out of the way. Today was good.

Oh, and.. I went to Super Supplements store today and got some Syntrax - Nectar in Fuzzy Navel flavor. I'll get to try it out tomorrow. Got come coconut oil and some hand/body lotion too. Funny how some days really are a challenge/hungry (head hunger or real hunger) and others are just no problem.
I know...I scared myself. LOL. I almost fainted from all the blood. Now I'm hobbling around in my "boot" and holding up my bandaged thumb to keep it from throbbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Sierra. You are at the same place I was when I started in May. Now I am almost to goal. I had some slow and no loss weeks. But I average about 2 pounds a week.

Stay OP and it will come off.

Be patient
Don't cheat.
This works..it's about the only thing that does for me.
It's hard sometimes, but you can do hard things
I so agree!! I am a slow loser, too. But, I never cheat and the scale always starts moving again, eventually. I have to be careful with my veggies and try and choose the lower carb variety and I know if I have any restricteds that will all but wipe out my weight loss that week. I don't remember who said it, but you do have to learn what your "carb number" is. Mine is obviously very low so I have to be extra careful. It's worth it though. I'm now at a weight I haven't seen in over 12 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Here are my WI numbers:
WI1 -4. WI2 -2.5. WI3. -1.5. WI4 -3.5. WI5 -2. WI6 -0. WI7. -2. WI8. -3.5 WI 9 -4. WI 10. -2 WI 11 -1.5

I went 3 weeks without a weigh in when I was on vacation on WI 9, and lost 4 that time.
I must have missed a WI there but lose slowly compared to most. I have lost almost 30 pounds. And I started May 25th, or around that date.

The program works, and I am just patient and steady and never cheat. Never.
You are such an inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Timely reminder as I lost count of the number of band aids I've changed on my thumb. I also remembered why I had to buy a mandolin again. Hubby always takes them away from me as a prevention of me losing all my fingers. I have this one hidden away like a nasty secret! But why are the pusher parts all so awkward? On this one the pusher is far too big and keeps jamming. After I cut my thumb I started to use a fork to push the veggies, but have to be careful with that too.

I guess I will just have to break down and buy one of the more expensive types and see if the pusher works better.

Pat
I have a new respect for my mandolin. I have worked in a plant for over 25 years and I'm totally embarrassed about doing something so dumb after all the safety meetings and videos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Close call; glad the thumb survived!

Just wanted to say your weight loss numbers are impressive; you are doing such a great job!

Enjoy your last few months of the 40's and IP will indeed make you fabulous at 50!

Alright that's it, I'm buying a dehydrator. I'm convinced!
Thanks, I am glad my thumb survived too. I shared in the hope I may save someone from doing what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I got my mandolin out with some trepidation as I did something similiar a few years ago - sliced the top (and part of the nail) off my little finger. For some reason there was a time there ( I was on Dr. Bernstein's diet at that time, and cooking 'from scratch' more again) when I couldn't pick up a butcher knife without accidentally cutting myself. Let alone the mandolin. After the little finger mishap I put my mandolin away, and didn't unearth it until I wanted to make the zucchini chips. But I was very careful yesterday when slicing them, and definitely will always use the safety pusher once the veg is down to a certain point.

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great OP Sunday.
You are right about the pusher being large and awkward. But, I will use it anyway from now on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilian61 View Post
Hi everyone. I love this thread!! I love making ice cream out of my chocolate drink mix. I do it the way with ice rock salt and LOTS of shaking. I did buy the Hamilton beach small ice cream maker. However I could never get it to freeze into ice cream. I would get a thin film of ice cream on the container but that's it. I tried it several times w same results. Anyone else had the same problem??
Same thing happened with mine. I bought some of those Popsicle makers and pour EAS carb control into them. One drink makes three popsicles. It satisfies my ice cream cravings until I can figure out how to do the thing with salt and ice cubes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I've been on the 3FC IP site, and awhile since I have been on the IP program itself, sorry to say I started IP in March 2012 at 213 lbs and got down to 186 by May 2012.......then I just lost it! Was on vacation, didn't stick to the plan, and just couldn't seem to get back on it. I'm back up to 192 - quite depressing. But I am ready to give IP another try and I found this new "over 50" thread and thought "maybe this will be the best place to get the support I need" (I'm 58) - so am back and hoping I can stick with it now. I almost feel like a newbie again because I forget some of the basic tenets of the program, so may need some help with that as well. Hope you guys understand and can welcome back a "prodigal daughter" Luckily I still have some of my leftover IP products, and tomorrow I will tuck my tail between my legs and call my coach for an appointment to start over. Meanwhile, I plan to be 100% OP as of right NOW and I am feeling excited about it!!!
Congrats on your restart! You are on your way to thin again.

Well, I hope everyone has a good next few days. We are finishing up preparations for hurricane/tropical storm Isaac. I just heard on the latest update that it is starting to strengthen. It is definitely heading our way. So, for all of you in Ala, MS and La..good luck! Hope you don't get hit too hard. For those of you that are not in the path, please wish us luck! Hopefully, it will just be a lot of rain and a little wind.

Last edited by cyndie; 08-27-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: spell correction
Old 08-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #107  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

GOOD MONDAY MORNING LOVELY LADIES!!

hope everyone has a great week this coming week....
stay focused...keep your eye on the prize....
FEEL THE MISSION!!

FIGHT to keep your dreams alive!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7CaiWxKYBo
Old 08-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #108  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Well thanks! I'm going to add my start and current photo to my signature soon. I just have to figure it out. I love this group and especially our Fab 50+ group
Happy dehydrator shopping!

Barb
Can definitly tell the difference after two months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
Ok.......what's the skinny on the dehydrators? I know what it does, but isn't the point of doing the zucchini chips in the oven to brown and crisp them? What would the dehydrator do? I spent the afternoon researching them. I have free 2 day shipping with Amazon so I might be in big trouble here gals! My girly girl grands would love the fruit rollups and the thought of dried peaches, plums, tomatoes, etc. might just make my right pointer finger push the " buy now with 1 click" button. Yikes!
I've got mine picked out and in the "saved" section of my Amazon shopping cart, just waiting for me to hit the "1 click shopping" button.
My son is not a vegetable or much of a fruit eater at all. I'm thinking he would love some dried fruit though.

Quote:
Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I've been on the 3FC IP site, and awhile since I have been on the IP program itself, sorry to say I started IP in March 2012 at 213 lbs and got down to 186 by May 2012.......then I just lost it! Was on vacation, didn't stick to the plan, and just couldn't seem to get back on it. I'm back up to 192 - quite depressing. But I am ready to give IP another try and I found this new "over 50" thread and thought "maybe this will be the best place to get the support I need" (I'm 58) - so am back and hoping I can stick with it now. I almost feel like a newbie again because I forget some of the basic tenets of the program, so may need some help with that as well. Hope you guys understand and can welcome back a "prodigal daughter" Luckily I still have some of my leftover IP products, and tomorrow I will tuck my tail between my legs and call my coach for an appointment to start over. Meanwhile, I plan to be 100% OP as of right NOW and I am feeling excited about it!!!
Welcome back and welcome to our new group. It's a great group here.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #109  
Feed Your Freedom

well....thankfully.....that 1.7 post of a gain (my first gain) from last week managed to get the boot...
and has now left for good along with 1.6 more....
for a total of 3.3 pounds gone this past week!! sweet!!
BRING ON ANOTHER WEEK!!!!

HAPPY DANCE!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-27-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #110  

Just wanted to add that please stay safe if you are in Issac's path. We are too far west here in central TX, but one of the models shows us maybe picking up a hint of rain.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
well....thankfully.....that 1.7 post of a gain (my first gain) from last week managed to get the boot...

HAPPY DANCE!!!

Whoo Hoo!!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

I've been either 185, 183 or 184 FOR 10 DAYS! I'm a 100%er so this plateau is no longer wanted nor appreciated. Could changing my eating pattern during the day to grazing on raw veggies and gabbing my soup later in the day be the culprit? I am absolutely following the protocol. My husband, who has lost 21 pounds to my 15ish is stuck too. Is it a reaction to the diet at the 4 to 5 week stage? I'm not giving up but I'm sure not a happy camper either. Just ask my guy!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #113  

Quote:
I've been either 185, 183 or 184 FOR 10 DAYS! I'm a 100%er so this plateau is no longer wanted nor appreciated. Could changing my eating pattern during the day to grazing on raw veggies and gabbing my soup later in the day be the culprit? I am absolutely following the protocol. My husband, who has lost 21 pounds to my 15ish is stuck too. Is it a reaction to the diet at the 4 to 5 week stage? I'm not giving up but I'm sure not a happy camper either. Just ask my guy!
Well you could always do boot camp for a couple of days to get the scale moving again, but yes the scale can slow down around the 3rd to 5th week for just a bit as your body catches up to the amount you lost so fast during the first two weeks. It all evens out in the end.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #114  

Well my first weigh in "9" lbs. I was so happy. My coach if fantastic and answered alot of my questions. Alone with all the information on here which is so helpful. Everyone have a great day.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

Dana, thanks for the encouragement! Our son is also doing this and he and his dad are neck in neck with their weight loss. He was stuck for a week too but finally this morning he was down 2 pounds. He's doing great. He has diabetes but after only 2 weeks was able to cut his meds in half and now after 2 more weeks his numbers are so low his doctor is considering dropping his meds all together. He's a great cook and is whipping up some great meals for himself and his partner. That's my boy!
I'm sure hoping that there is scale movement soon. Will keep you posted. My goal of hitting the 170s may have to wait a week. Ugh.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #116  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=rainbowsmiles;4449959][CENTER]well....thankfully.....that 1.7 post of a gain (my first gain) from last week managed to get the boot...

QUOTE]

Hooray! Congratulations!

Last edited by Halfagain; 08-27-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #117  
Feed Your Freedom

hmmm.....this thread has been pretty quiet all day....hope everyone is doing GREAT!!!!

Quote:

Hooray! Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Whoo Hoo!!

aww thanks ladies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Arrgh!! I am really wishing my body would be done with TOM. This is making me nuts. I am sure I am getting close because things have been really unpredictable for the last year...

Had my weigh in today and I am dead even with where I was last week, but I lost inches (1 in the waist, 1.5 in the hips, etc...) and body fat % is down. I must be retaining water, but I really have no clue. The coach asked me if it ws my TOM, and I made some smarty pants comment like, "At this point in my life, how the heck would I know?"

Sorry for the rant - I just needed to vent!!
lizzy....i am so with you on this one....i have not had a hysterectomy and keep wondering HOW MUCH LONGER!!! it seemed like it was getting less until IP, not its back with a vengeance and truly interrupting my daily life!! ugggg

i wish i knew more about how much longer!!! like, how about tonight!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlady View Post
Well my first weigh in "9" lbs. I was so happy. My coach if fantastic and answered alot of my questions. Alone with all the information on here which is so helpful. Everyone have a great day.
That's great!

Quote:
Dana, thanks for the encouragement! Our son is also doing this and he and his dad are neck in neck with their weight loss. He was stuck for a week too but finally this morning he was down 2 pounds. He's doing great. He has diabetes but after only 2 weeks was able to cut his meds in half and now after 2 more weeks his numbers are so low his doctor is considering dropping his meds all together. He's a great cook and is whipping up some great meals for himself and his partner. That's my boy!
I'm sure hoping that there is scale movement soon. Will keep you posted. My goal of hitting the 170s may have to wait a week. Ugh.
You're trying to get into the 170's and I'm trying to get out of the 170's. We'll both get there.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #119  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Just wanted to keep myself honest and check in with ya'all! My first full day back on the program and it went well with no cravings. I remember now just how filling those IP products are! Trying to get all of my water in. This time I am going to add in a little exercise (just walking or maybe a DVD) to keep things revved up! Glad to be back. I feel hopeful again!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #120  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Just wanted to keep myself honest and check in with ya'all! My first full day back on the program and it went well with no cravings. I remember now just how filling those IP products are! Trying to get all of my water in. This time I am going to add in a little exercise (just walking or maybe a DVD) to keep things revved up! Glad to be back. I feel hopeful again!
woohooo way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread