Old 08-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #16  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
I know it's probably on the site somewhere but does anyone have a sec to tell us how to roast our veggies. I've done it in the past but always used a ton of olive oil and I've tried it recently with the 2tsp. allowed and they've not been so great. Any hints for those of us who need to mix it up a bit...........I can't stomach any more lettuce................
I've seen people mentioning they "spritz" on olive oil so that implies it's in a different bottle. Personally, I put the veggies in a larger container with a lid and shake it around after I put on the olive oil. I put in some other spices that I can see (pepper or whatever) and can tell from the look of the veggies that the stuff gets mixed around and spread pretty evenly without too much oil to start.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #17  
Princess Melanie

S/C/G: Start 5/24/2012 198/146/140

Height: 5'5"

I feel the same, I cut cucumber and add sea salt and pepper with olive oil or WF italian dressing. I steam cauliflower and add a little better butter flakes or I mash it with garlic. Broccoli I stirfry with soy sauce. Zucchini I either steam or cut into chunks and cook on a cookie sheet. Green peppers I will do raw or bake in the oven. I have stuffed small green peppers with mashed cauliflower and add some lemon pepper flavor and hamburger flavor and enjoy that too. Good luck!!
princessM928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #18  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmcook View Post
I am having problems staying 100% OP mainly because I am sick of the vegetables! I am a finicky eater and only can tolerate a few of the veggies...ie broccoli, cucumbers, celery, peppers, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions for good veggie recipes that might help?

Thanks!
When I started I really didn't eat ANY veggies. But, I found that I actually like the raw baby leaf spinach. Then I found the secret that works perfectly for me.

Chocolate/Spinach Shake (Sounds horrible, but is really good)
Fill your blender up with spinach, pure in 2 1/2 cups of cold water. (17oz water bottle)
Blend that until you can't even tell there was any spinach, it's all pulverized (about 2 minutes on high)
Pour in one of the chocolate IP pudding packets, blend another 30 second or until just really smooth.

There ya go. Chocolate shake and you can not even taste the spinach.

I'm just now trying to figure out how to deal with the froth that forms at the top. It usually takes 7-10 gulps before all that is gone and I can get to the tasty liquid.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote