Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #106  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Remember when this happened the last time? STOP freaking out....your body is adjusting again to going back to work and doing more than you normally do. You are NOT losing ground, just stay focused and stop obsessing with the scale. I am sure you clothes are fitting the same if not better and YOU ARE FEELING GREAT.....ARE YOU NOT???? Good morning everyone, Today I am wearing an XL shirt my MOM wore when she started IP over a year ago and it FITS....here is a link to the picture...hope it works.....
Lisa, you look beautiful in that color!! Love the color!

And you could have been talking to me here. Tonight I had my WI and lost "only" 1 pound. Of course, I've been 100% since the beginning. But ah, well, I can only assume my body is adjusting. This is what my coach said. But I'm impatient and want this weight to drop off faster....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Ok...it is official! I am in the Century Club! Great WI today down 4 pounds.
Awesome!!! Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX1138 View Post
Had my 3rd week weigh in yesterday on Monday. Down 23 pounds since starting August 1st. Things seem to be slowing down though. Knew it wouldn't last forever!

I actually screwed up making the oatmeal today! Lumpy and dry. Had before and I liked it. Maybe too little water or I denatured the protein in the high heat. Better gulp down the veggies...

Any ideas with what I can do with hamburger meat? Course no delicious salisbury steak sauce, or ketchup... you know, the things that make it taste good

How you all been?
Congrats on your loss!

Hamburger meat: Lately I've been putting curry powder in my hamburger meat. I always saute it with fresh garlic and some cut up mushrooms and other veggies (could be peppers, cauliflower, even broccoli). It's always very yummy and fulfills some of my Indian food cravings.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #107  

Quote:
Thanks y'all......Scorbett......THIS is why I post pics of myself and have been so public about my journey.....i wWANT everyone to KNOW that IT IS POSSIBLE for EVERYONE to lose weight with this program!! NEVER EVER GIVE UP OR INTO TEMPTATION...ITS SOOOOO WORTH IT! Life will throw you curves...YOU throw them BACK!
That's my girl! Throw em back!!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #108  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
My work place started a weight loss/fitness/smoking challenge. I choose not to participate (my weight and my journey are mine, are lifelong, and started well before the work place came up with this idea). But there's a small childish part of me says "hey.. they get pedometers!" and "hey.. they get little gimmes and games" during their contest. So yeah, my reward o'meter has been activated. When I hit 50 lbs lost, I'm getting me some new shoes and five pounds after that, I'll be under 300 and dang I want a trip to Vegas (but can't afford it) so I'm going to get me a new watch with a dang pedometer in it!
Sorry my inner child just had to say this out loud lol - or post it.
yeah baby!!!!!!!! you get those perks!!!!!! woot woot
YOU DESERVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #109  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hamburger meat: Lately I've been putting curry powder in my hamburger meat. I always saute it with fresh garlic and some cut up mushrooms and other veggies (could be peppers, cauliflower, even broccoli). It's always very yummy and fulfills some of my Indian food cravings.
I just bought some Garam Masala spice and that added to ground meat is soooo yummy -- good cold on a salad, or hot outta the pan!

I should do the "cooking with burger" recipe thread as that IS something I use often.

I wanted "tacos" so made the pancake/crepe package, added my salt so it wasn't a 'sweet' taste, and left the crepes sitting in a collander over night so they would get air. This dried them up enough that I used:
--one for a "wrap" like a soft tortilla, cold, with meat, lettuce, WF Ranch dressing
--used the other the next meal for tacos with burger and 'tex mex' spice added to it, Grate on the lettuce and use your tomato if you need it. Yum!
--used one as a "fajita" that I put the meat in and grilled with a bit of WF sauce (spicy BBQ I think) in a fry pan to make it hot and crispy.

Of course, the Big Mac in a Bowl goes without saying as delish too....

gotta stop thinking of food late at night...must slurp some water....
Old 08-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #110  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, I'm off to bed. Have enjoyed way too much time reading posts today (that's what holidays are for!) I hope when the "whoosh" fairy comes, she brings the "house cleaning" fairy with her!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #111  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I just bought some Garam Masala spice and that added to ground meat is soooo yummy -- good cold on a salad, or hot outta the pan!
gotta stop thinking of food late at night...must slurp some water....
Oooh, I bought some Garam Masala spice last time I was a the mideastern/Indian grocery but I have not cracked it open yet. I'll try it tomorrow or the next day.

I love your idea with the crepes. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, I do miss my Indian food. That was the only hard thing during my vacation. There is a wonderful Indian restaurant in Syracuse that I go to each time I visit my daughter. Ah, well. It will still be there when I'm finished. It felt great to lose weight on vacation....

And I. too, will say goodnight.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #112  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I know right?....dang it!!

Ok y'all...I went off the deep end on the daily here it is for those who don't go there any longer....I will NOT go there either...
Most of you know that I am a LONG timer on IP So I put together a picture of me from starting....at 43 weeks and at 68 weeks....ALL of your hard work PAYS OFF....YOU just have to out your head in it and be determined to get to your goal....its NOT OK to have 3-4 bars a day just because it is IP food....it is NOT OK to skip a meal or veggies....its NOT OK to not drink all of your water. I am telling you it is OK be DONE with the program BUT you have to put your time in....Lord knows I want to be done.....68 weeks is a LONG time and I probably still have another 10-15 weeks to go before I am done. Am I going to just start eating crazy because I want to be done???....H*LL NO....am I going to take sips, licks, nibbles and taste now??...NOT no BUT DOUBLE H*LL NO!!!....Y'all have to use your innter strength for this program, its STRICT.....no if's and's or but's about it....BUT LOOK AT ME.....180lbs lighter over 100+inches smaller....IT CAN BE DONE ...IF.....YOU ARE DETERMINED!!.....I have said it time and time again...IF you are NOT dedicated, committed or ready THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU!....it takes TIME to get it done....it upsets me when I see the things I have been seeing lately....Yes I know this is a support group and this is where to post BUT.....y'all....we are ALL GROWN UPS.....YOU control what goes into YOUR mouth....NO ONE ELSE feeds it to you.....put y'all BIG GIRL PANTIES ON and GET in gear....STOP THE MADNESS.....STOP THE EXCUSES....THERE ARE NO EXCUSES ACCEPTABLE ......NONE.....EITHER YOU DO IT OR YOU DON'T....ITS THAT SIMPLE.....I know I will upset people so I will be away for a while til I am ready to come back......I am off of my soap box now...I am sorry if I offended anyone...much love
Wuv, I stopped going to the other thread because there was entirely too much talk of cheating, either planned or already done. Yes, we are all human and make mistakes however it seems like there are some over there that are NOT ready to do this protocol and are just wasting their time and money and are looking for others to "validate" that it was ok to cheat every now and again because many on the thread will give them sympathy and encouragement to get back in the game and low and behold in a few weeks, the cheaters leave the thread never to be heard from again...

We all have ups and downs even being 100% but we know it is our bodies doing what they naturally need to do to re-structure itself. We have not been out there nibbling and noshing until the scale creeps upward.

I need to be here with like minded individuals that are serious EVERYDAY about losing the pounds.

ok, I'm done :-) Have a great day everyone, I need to get to work!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #113  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Wuv, I stopped going to the other thread because there was entirely too much talk of cheating, either planned or already done. Yes, we are all human and make mistakes however it seems like there are some over there that are NOT ready to do this protocol and are just wasting their time and money and are looking for others to "validate" that it was ok to cheat every now and again because many on the thread will give them sympathy and encouragement to get back in the game and low and behold in a few weeks, the cheaters leave the thread never to be heard from again...

We all have ups and downs even being 100% but we know it is our bodies doing what they naturally need to do to re-structure itself. We have not been out there nibbling and noshing until the scale creeps upward.

I need to be here with like minded individuals that are serious EVERYDAY about losing the pounds.

I've noticed that about the daily thread too - and some of the random forum threads that get started. Sometimes I feel like I'm too new to dole out advice, but heck, I know how much I spent to start this program! Why on earth would you throw money away just to find an excuse to do all the stuff that landed you on the diet in the first place??? But it's true, some folks start this diet but their head isn't really in it, and rather than buckle down and commit they want someone to tell them that their bad choices are "ok" or there's a way to get around the restrictions.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #114  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Talking Thanks for the smile this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaB50NFabulous View Post
TRIPMAMA ROCKS
Congratulations on this huge mile stone! Bet you would hate to carry around a hundred pound bag of horse feed all day! I can hear your body thanking you all the way to Kansas.
Fab50- Love this...my body is saying...Yeah baby!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #115  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Okay...my allergies are kicking in this week, and twice I have had extensive posts eaten by the iPad...I will be back soon and reply at work! In the meantime, allergy-zombie Lizzie saying HOWDY!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #116  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Well said Wuv and Shathom. I don't go over there either. I'm so busy these days with my kids and family that I don't have the time or energy to deal with all of that stuff. I picked IP because it's a strict program, and I've stuck with it. After almost 9 months, I still measure everything, and I follow the protocol to a T. I'll keep doing that during phase off too! I'll be measuring and watching my food intake for the rest of my life. I will not go back to where I was a year ago, and I know how not to do that. I'm also taking steps to make sure my family is healthier too.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #117  

Height: 5'4"

I do not cheat and saw the results today. I weighed in after my stressful vacation with my MIL and I lost 3.4 pounds! The strictness of this diet is what works for me and the support of all of you! I was super happy about losing another inch off my waist, an inch off my hips and 2 off my thighs! All of the up and down the ladder painting grandma's house paid off! We ended up going to Outback for dinner last night instead of Red Lobster so I was a bit nervous about my meal but it was very easy to stay OP. I ate 6 oz steak, grilled asparagus, and steamed broccoli. I am so close to 50 pounds gone forever.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #118  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

GAINED 1.2lbs this week for whatever reason....I have been trying to lose the SAME 10lbs for 8 weeks now....so I am going to put myself in phase 3 for 2 weeks and see what happens!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #119  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I've had allergies coming on the past few days and a full blow out today! My dad is still here, he was going to leave today but I asked him to stay until Fri at least to help me out with the baby. And honestly, I've been able to do all my Phase 3 experimenting in the kitchen because he is such a wonderful grandpa!

I wish everyone a fantastic, 100% OP Day!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Ok...it is official! I am in the Century Club! Great WI today down 4 pounds. NewPath- I am with Wuv...stay off the scale and trust the diet! It works! You know it does. sewingmomma great job! So proud of you!
WOO-HOO Tripmamama! My congrats got eaten up 2x by the iPad, it may be allergy-induced operator error...but I'm still blaming the machine! That is such a great milestone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
LizRR how's those breakfasts?? Miss you!!
Oh momhottie - the P3 breakfasts are AMAZING! I've been having a lot of fun messing around with ingredients - I am definitely on a 'dessert for breakfast' kick right now (Peach Bread Pudding 2x, Strawberry & Cream Stuffed French Toast, Strawberry Cheesecake, Pumpkin Pie). I'm putting them all down in the Phase 3 Breakfast thread, waiting for you and all the other 100%ers! My husband got so jealous he asked me to make double for him - and he can't finish the full serving that I HAVE to finish in one sitting!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ast-ideas.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
ditto on the wf ketchup....ugggg
i threw it out and relented and bought the Heinz 1 carb ketchup for 1 tbsp....and i limit myself to 1 tbsp, and i even measure it out!!
I made the mistake of getting the WF ketchup once - I had to add Horseradish & such to it to make it palateable. I found the Heinz 1carb ketchup and never went back. I do 'extend' it with some WF Spicy BBQ + red curry paste as my rutabaga fry 'dip'.

Quote:
Ok y'all...I went off the deep end on the daily here it is for those who don't go there any longer....I will NOT go there either...
Wuv - the tough love is awesome! Very well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Well, I'm off to bed. Have enjoyed way too much time reading posts today (that's what holidays are for!) I hope when the "whoosh" fairy comes, she brings the "house cleaning" fairy with her!
LOL - my house cleaning fairy showed up this morning! I need to remember not to wish for the whoosh fairy anymore - I'm hoping for the 'stay steady' fairy! It gets addicting watching the scale drop when you stay 100% OP!

Quote:

OMG - I totally hear you! I do visit the Daily still, I remember being a newbie and reading from Sewmam and patns and a few other maintainers and I totally needed that to springboard from - but it does get frustrating to hear the excuses, justifications, WHINING - and then frustrations that the scale doesn't move...what do you expect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Why on earth would you throw money away just to find an excuse to do all the stuff that landed you on the diet in the first place???
I am a notorious cheapskate, I was highly motivated, but also when I did the math - I wasn't about to throw away 3-4 days worth of IP food costs for some d*mn doughnut or wine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I do not cheat and saw the results today. I weighed in after my stressful vacation with my MIL and I lost 3.4 pounds! The strictness of this diet is what works for me and the support of all of you! I was super happy about losing another inch off my waist, an inch off my hips and 2 off my thighs! All of the up and down the ladder painting grandma's house paid off! We ended up going to Outback for dinner last night instead of Red Lobster so I was a bit nervous about my meal but it was very easy to stay OP. I ate 6 oz steak, grilled asparagus, and steamed broccoli. I am so close to 50 pounds gone forever.
YEAH! I remember how you were getting frustrated over dealing with your MIL - just goes to show how your strength and resolve payed off!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-22-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #120  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Wuv, if anyone can do it and break that plateau, it's YOU!

WI #4 is behind me, and I'm down 2.8lbs! 3 inches gone too, 1.5 off my bust and 1.5 off my waist. Now I just gotta get that apple bottom to catch up

I'm having trouble with the tracker - I clicked on it so I could update with the new WI, but it just brings me to a 3FC page with general info on dieting. I tried going through "edit signature" but it looked like I was going to have to make the tracker all over again. Am I missing something?
Closed Thread