Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #511  
Restart IP 8/29/12

S/C/G: 191/167/140

Height: 5'6"

SewingMomma - Good luck on the colonoscopy.

Scorbett-Praying for your DH. Hope all is well and he is able to come home soon.

Joysh - Congratulations on getting in those skinny clothes!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #512  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Good morning 100%'ers. We are having a party of about 20 people with all the foods of a great holiday. I did all the cooking yesterday and never even tasted one of the foods, DH was the taster (I know, I'm really a trusting soul). Lots of food, desserts. I have planned my day with all the food prepared ahead for me. It is going to be interesting to see people that I have not seen since I started IP diet. Wonder if they can see a difference? You all have a super Labor Day and will check in tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #513  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
Good morning 100%'ers. We are having a party of about 20 people with all the foods of a great holiday. I did all the cooking yesterday and never even tasted one of the foods, DH was the taster (I know, I'm really a trusting soul). Lots of food, desserts. I have planned my day with all the food prepared ahead for me. It is going to be interesting to see people that I have not seen since I started IP diet. Wonder if they can see a difference? You all have a super Labor Day and will check in tomorrow.
35 pounds? They will notice, my dear!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #514  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
So far so good on phase 2. I was able to go lunch with DH yesterday, something I have not done in at least 9 months.

So I agree, I don't like fixing an extra meal, but I think I will prepare my lunches for the rest of the week.
Someone also suggested that I switch BF and Lunch, and have my IP packet at lunch. I may do that if I get really busy, which I usually do during the semester
Hi Neighbor. My husband's biggest complaint since he phased off is the additional cooking...he even wants to come back to Phase I and stick it out with me until I phase off. (He says that but I think he is find it hard to do.) I think that by the time I get there I will keep protein mixes as part of my routine for some meals...specifically Dinner. I like having a bigger meal at lunch because it helps get me through the day and I am not going to bed with all that food on my tummy. My understanding is though that if you replace 8 oz meat at dinner you need to double up on your protein packets at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I'm having a colonoscopy on Thursday and am trying to figure out what to eat on Wednesday. I have to stick to clear liquids and no red or purple foods! Any suggestions? I'm going to have sugar free jello and am going to strain some of the IP chicken noodle soup. I'll probably have some chicken broth too. Maybe I should make some of my own gelatin and flavor it with Mio .
Best of luck on the Colonoscopy! You will be in my thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammabell View Post
We finally got electricity yesterday after being without for 5 days thanks to Isaac. I was able to stay 100% OP thanks to all of you. You have no idea how different this is for me. I usually give up at any little adversity. I was not even tempted by the the bread or desert that was placed in front of me. That is what I love about this program. It takes away those cravings. Others think IP is to difficult, but if you stay OP it is not.
Great job Mammabell! Very proud of you and you are right...staying OP is easy it is all a matter of planning, mindset and determination. You got it all lady! By the way, I am glad you have electricity back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
They are totally going to be able to tell. At this point it is the loss of weight and the glow. Have fun and great job on the 100% OP focus during your party preparations!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #515  

Meadow,
I have not heard about doubling up on packets? Can you explain that?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #516  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, IPeeps! Happy Labor Day!

Have a great day today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammabell View Post
We finally got electricity yesterday after being without for 5 days thanks to Isaac. I was able to stay 100% OP thanks to all of you. You have no idea how different this is for me. I usually give up at any little adversity. Y'all don't even know me, but you kept me strong!
So glad that your power is back on! Sounds like you came through this (IP-wise) with amazing strength! How wonderful! Yes, knowing that there are others here who share our concerns, joys, and struggles make it just a bit easier to stay OP.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #517  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
Hi Neighbor. My husband's biggest complaint since he phased off is the additional cooking...he even wants to come back to Phase I and stick it out with me until I phase off. (He says that but I think he is find it hard to do.) I think that by the time I get there I will keep protein mixes as part of my routine for some meals...specifically Dinner. I like having a bigger meal at lunch because it helps get me through the day and I am not going to bed with all that food on my tummy. My understanding is though that if you replace 8 oz meat at dinner you need to double up on your protein packets at night.

Best of luck on the Colonoscopy! You will be in my thoughts!

Great job Mammabell! Very proud of you and you are right...staying OP is easy it is all a matter of planning, mindset and determination. You got it all lady! By the way, I am glad you have electricity back!

They are totally going to be able to tell. At this point it is the loss of weight and the glow. Have fun and great job on the 100% OP focus during your party preparations!
Meadow Wheeler! Beautiful pic! What an inspiration you are! You look so happy and confident. Congratulations!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #518  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just a quick check in before I head over to the hospital - my friend is coming by to play with the boys for a bit. Hubby FINALLY got the OK to put his insulin pump back on! That's HUGE progress, it means there's not much reason to keep him on Intensive care. Hoping that as soon as the doc gets up to see him, he either gets sent to a regular floor, or even sent home.

Thank you again for everyone's prayers and kind thoughts - coming home from the hospital and reading encouragement from all of you made my night!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #519  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Meadow,
I have not heard about doubling up on packets? Can you explain that?
My coach explained that if you are going to replace your dinner 8 oz of meat with protein packets you have to do two packets in order to get the equivalent of the 8 oz of meat. That will help ensure that you are getting enough protein for your body as you go to bed. She was explaining this to Jeff as he was preparing to phase off. We had a lengthy discussion about what works best in our lifestyle and because this is a lifestyle change for us we wanted to make phasing off a move towards where we thought we would be happiest food wise during maintenance. We both like the "quick and easy" of the protein packets for dinner. We get home around 6 or 6:30 and are really hungry at that point. So we go for the protein and then have our veggies while I cook our lunch for the following day. It has worked very well for us since we first started IP back on April 6th. Jeff has stopped in a couple of times since he went in to maintenance to have him check his weight and lean mass...he is doing really good all the way around so the double protein packet approach for dinner is working for him.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #520  

Quote:
My coach explained that if you are going to replace your dinner 8 oz of meat with protein packets you have to do two packets in order to get the equivalent of the 8 oz of meat. That will help ensure that you are getting enough protein for your body as you go to bed. She was explaining this to Jeff as he was preparing to phase off. We had a lengthy discussion about what works best in our lifestyle and because this is a lifestyle change for us we wanted to make phasing off a move towards where we thought we would be happiest food wise during maintenance. We both like the "quick and easy" of the protein packets for dinner. We get home around 6 or 6:30 and are really hungry at that point. So we go for the protein and then have our veggies while I cook our lunch for the following day. It has worked very well for us since we first started IP back on April 6th. Jeff has stopped in a couple of times since he went in to maintenance to have him check his weight and lean mass...he is doing really good all the way around so the double protein packet approach for dinner is working for him.
Oh, Thank you!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #521  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

OK - just checked my Facebook before heading out the door and someone posted an inspirational quote that I thought was appropriate for here:

CLEAR your mind of
CAN'T

Staying 100% is all about saying "can" when our old habits want to tell us "can't"!
Old 09-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #522  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
thank you love....it has indeed been a difficult week!! you are so right...its wonderful to have such great online friends an support especially for those of us who lack support from anywhere else!

can't wait to hear how your project with the dehydrated spinach goes...i am still on the fence about getting a dehydrator. how loud is your Excalibur???

hope you have a wonderful week!!
Well compared to the Hulware dehydrater we borrowed from my Mom, the Excalibur is quieter by quite a bit. Still it has that fan noise going on if you have a small home and plan on having it in the kitchen you would hear it. I love the temperature adjustment right on top and being able to turn off without having to unplug it. Lets just say I could hear the Hulware one in the garage, and I can't hear the Excalibur running.

The ~5 cups of spinach turned into ~5 tablespoons of powder. My 29 y/o Hamilton beach food processor did well (a lot of the spinach is dust.. but there's bits too), but not quite as fine as I'd like on the powder. I tried a couple teaspoons of powder in a small shake and the powder was too coarse for my liking for the shake (would be great in soup though). So, I bought a mortar and pestle at the grocery store last night. I'll let you know how that goes, but I've always wanted one of those things for my kitchen anyway. It's really nice though that the spinach fits nicely in a pretty glass jelly jar in my cupboard and I could write what it is and the measurement on the lid.

Last edited by Halfagain; 09-03-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #523  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Meadow Wheeler! Beautiful pic! What an inspiration you are! You look so happy and confident. Congratulations!
Thank you ever so much. I am feeling pretty darned fabulous.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #524  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Thank you ever so much. I am feeling pretty darned fabulous.
And looking it, too!!
Old 09-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #525  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

WOW!!!!I am not here for a few days and come back to 523 post!! AMAZING....Vol 13
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4456779
Closed Thread