Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:37 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi All!

Dana, thanks for starting this thread! It is awesome!

I had my WI tonight and lost "only" one pound. I've been 100% the whole time, so I chalk it up to body adjustment, age, oh, I don't know what else. I'll just keep on keeping on...

I'm adjusting to the schedule back in school. Delgen and Patns, I'm also in teacher education, although it's music education. Today was my first day of classes and I really do love my job. It's great to go upstairs just a little easier!

I'm still figuring out the best way to get water in on a teaching day. If I leave it til the afternoon, I'm up 3 times during the night. Has anyone else figured this one out?

Congrats of getting to your goal!! That is wonderful!!!

Yes, I know what you mean about staying on Phase 1. It's easy, the food is good, and we don't have to think that much once we have made the commitment. I know that maintenance will be more difficult, but we can do it! You can do it!

Congrats on your loss!

Of course, whenever I hear Welcome to the 60s I am compelled to sing (uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh -cue music from Hairspray.....)

Yes, I agree with the metabolism issue.

Welcome, Susan. Yes, it's a good place to be!

Hi Sharon! I'm Sharon too! I'll have to agree with the others. I don't tell people unless they ask. My daughters and sister know about the diet. Others who know are people who have been on IP or friends who I see pretty often or go out to eat with. But I try to keep silent about it unless asked. Conserves energy that way.---and limits eye-rolling.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and a great week!

Sharon
My son is a music teacher...he is just starting his 2nd year!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Love this thread. I know exactly where to go to read in the morning now.
Good OP day yesterday, feeling much better and refocused. I tried the jicama ideas from the jicama thread that is out there.
Tried it with the pumpkin pie spice and new stevia...eh...didnt do much for me. Then I tried it with the wf caramel, same thought. I think they might be good on a real rough day.
Used the WF Bluecheese dressing on my salad, that was a good change but I still prefer my cracked pepper, and fresh lemon.
Anyways, looking forward to a busy OP day, hope you all have a good one.
And I will check back to read everyones encourgaging posts at lunch!
Take Care
Old 08-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #123  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Oh music education would be fun!!! So many friends I grew up with were incredibly talented and so I have many friends who are music teachers but retired now. But i am totally untalented in that area. but some people have to be the audience and I am very good at that.

About your comment on the stairs, reminded me of a funny thing that happened to me several years ago when I was still quite heavy.

I was working in a school which was celebrating its 100th anniversary. People must have been in better shape back then because the stairs are steep there.
I was going upstairs with a six year old and he bounded up quickly. When I caught up to him he mentioned that it took me a lot longer than him and asked with great sincerity; "Do you think maybe you are fat?" He was so serious, I said yes that was part of it but also as you get older some parts of your body don't work as well and I have a knee that is not the best.
He reached over and patted my arm and said, "Oh, don't feel bad, it's not your fault, you are just old and fat!"
Time for IP!!

Pat
That is too funny! Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #124  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
rainbow, that link is hilarious!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
ROFL.... that was way too funny. Should have gone to the bathroom first as the old bladder is not what it use to be. My whole family is home right now and I had to call them all to my computer to watch this. Also, loved her big hair! Must be from the 80's I'm guessing. Now where did I put those shoulder pads for my dress?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
This video is way too funny but I have to admit I did the exercises with her. Ouch, I think I pulled a neck muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
Loved the YouTube video! It's called the lion? Did you look at your hair honey? Thanks for sharing that one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Just flipping that hair around was heavy duty exercise!!! i wonder what she looks like now after all the years passed??
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Pat, I was wondering the same thing. Maybe Rainbowsmiles can do some Internet sleuthing and come up with something...
🔍🔍🔍
well....who knew????!!!!!! this person really did stay in the fitness industry!!

looks like her name is GREER CHILDERS and she has dvds available!!

http://www.abdonda.com/about-greer-childers.php

something must have worked for her because she's looking pretty darn good!!!

i guess there is truth that those facial exercises paid off...and i'm not LION

let me go go my mirror and LION away!!!! here kitty kitty!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #125  

Good morning everyone. Thank goodness a slightly cooler day here in Austin today, but still in the low 90's. I'm sitting outside eating my breakfast bar and a BIG glass of water while my son is in his Algebra class. I homeschool him, but I also know when to farm out certain subject like Algebra, Biology. I work with him on history and English (two subjects I enjoy), but everything else is farmed out to some excellent teachers.

I need some encouraging words... I restarted phase 1 last week after my last vacation. I had gained a lot of weight while away and lost all of it my first week back on phase 1. However I'm still up 7 pounds total from my summer phase off, and the scale will not move this week. I'm guessing it's because I lost so much last week, 13 pounds in all. I just really want to get back to my lowest and reach the century club. Hope this temporary stall on the scale is just my body catching it's second wind.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
well....who knew????!!!!!! this person really did stay in the fitness industry!!

Rainbow, I knew you'd get the dirt!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

Ok ladies.......it's now the 4th day in a row without any weight loss. I'm down 15 pounds since starting, at the rate of about 4 lbs a week. I've lost inches in the past weeks, but not that much (except in my belly and butt -usual story). I have been 100%. Not a single cheat. My husband is doing it with me. I have no problem with him dropping 5-6 pounds a week. (at least that's what I say to his face-behind his back is another story). I've gotten stuck at this 185 pound spot before, actually a number of times, on other diets. But, I was hoping to avoid that on IP. I'm not giving up at all just voicing my frustration here to people who understand! I have my weigh in tomorrow night. Hopefully I've lost inches. A couple of people have noticed the weight loss. One actually asked if my cancer was back because I was getting thinner. Really? Do you actually ask people that? I told her I was losing it for my boyfriend! She was speechless. I work with my husband everyday and I whispered it! My hubby and I have been married or 42 years and he's my best friend AKA boyfriend, but I just wanted to bust her chops! Don't mess with a 60+ woman on a mission!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #128  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Cindy (Delgen) - Congratulations on reaching GOAL!!! That is awesome

Molly - looking forward to hear about your new chicken recipe. Gotta say, I'm getting a bit bored with my dinner proteins. Was used to mixing in cassaroles and pasta dishes throughout the week at dinner.

Newlady - Welcome! I began IP at the end of May, with a goal of losing 60 - 65 lbs by Thanksgiving. I really think I'm going to make it, and believe you will achieve your goals as well

RE: Argon Oil - I would love to try it, but when my VIP researched it, he said it costs over $40 p/bottle, so have to pass on trying that. I did purchase the Jergen's Skin Firming lotion though the other day. Hope that will work on it's own. And I need to remember to put some plain gelatin into my shakes every day. I think it's the Biotin that has been upsetting my stomach so bad.

RE: Coconut Oil - soundsd like there are some wonderful benefits to using it. Do you use it just like any oil for cooking? Does it change the flavor of dishes? Thank you for info! Love this thread

Shoban - Congrats on the big loss! WTG!!!
greeniris, I just wanted to mention that the argan oil I bought wasn't as expensive as what your hubby found. I paid $22.98 + taxes for a 50 ml size bottle of organic raw argan oil. It's made by New Roots. It's the type of little bottle with a dropper, so you just use a few drops at a time. I've been putting it in with my St. Yves collagen/elastin lotion at present, until I use that up. Then I'll get a bottle of the Nivea lotion we've talked about here. I don't know what other alternatives are out there re argan oil products, etc., but saw this at my health food/supplement store and decided on an impulse to get it.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #129  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:

I need some encouraging words... I restarted phase 1 last week after my last vacation. I had gained a lot of weight while away and lost all of it my first week back on phase 1. However I'm still up 7 pounds total from my summer phase off, and the scale will not move this week. I'm guessing it's because I lost so much last week, 13 pounds in all. I just really want to get back to my lowest and reach the century club. Hope this temporary stall on the scale is just my body catching it's second wind.
dana....i can certainly relate to your frustration about the weight...as i posted my first ever gain...last week..after 15 weeks...i gained 1.7 lbs. so far since i weighed in on monday morning, i am still at the same weight and nothing has changed.

it appears i have hit a major stall and not exactly sure why. maybe our bodies just get used to the foods or the same amount of calories each day?? i don't know how to get out of a stall??? i just know that in previous attempts at losing weight, i would lose for a while...then have again, and that would cause me to get frustrated and stress and then i'd gain some more and then i gave up trying to lose and would slowly over months gain back everything i had lost plus some. i don't want to do that this time.

some weeks i think my exercising slows my weight loss and some weeks i think it helps.

are you getting in ALL of your water??? on IP, i read, that your body "flushes" the weight out of your body when you go to the bathroom so its vitally important to get in all of the required water. that is something i am working on this week. maybe with the summer heat our bodies need a little more water?? i don't know. maybe my body doesn't like the alternatives i have been using. i just wish i knew how to break this stall too!!

Quote:
hahaha gotta love google!!! if the info is out there, we can find it!!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #130  

Thanks DanafromAustin for starting this group!

I have always struggled with my weight. I had some success on Weight Watchers and Atkins but could never 'stay' on those programs indefinitely and eventually regained. I learned about IP from my Neurologist! He was on it with his wife and they both lost lots of weight.

I am following the IP protocol with alternative products, I just couldn't afford to stay with IP. The biggest challenge doing this is staying focused and on track. I have no coach so I come here often for motivation and support. This week I have rededicated myself to being 100% OP.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #131  

I forgot to add...I'm 57 soon to be 58.

This forum is such a wonderful idea! I enjoy reading about your stories and successes. I am so envious of all you happily married ladies. I always wanted that and it just never worked out for me. ( I tried more than once) Maybe, once I get thin......

I am a work in progress. That sounds so much better than I am a screwed up mess. Right?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #132  

Quote:

Well she has held up well, maybe there's something to those face exercises after all. You know though if I try I'm just going to bust out laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
Ok ladies.......it's now the 4th day in a row without any weight loss. I'm down 15 pounds since starting, at the rate of about 4 lbs a week. I've lost inches in the past weeks, but not that much (except in my belly and butt -usual story). I have been 100%. Not a single cheat. My husband is doing it with me. I have no problem with him dropping 5-6 pounds a week. (at least that's what I say to his face-behind his back is another story). I've gotten stuck at this 185 pound spot before, actually a number of times, on other diets. But, I was hoping to avoid that on IP. I'm not giving up at all just voicing my frustration here to people who understand! I have my weigh in tomorrow night. Hopefully I've lost inches. A couple of people have noticed the weight loss. One actually asked if my cancer was back because I was getting thinner. Really? Do you actually ask people that? I told her I was losing it for my boyfriend! She was speechless. I work with my husband everyday and I whispered it! My hubby and I have been married or 42 years and he's my best friend AKA boyfriend, but I just wanted to bust her chops! Don't mess with a 60+ woman on a mission!
I feel your pain as the scale has not moved for me in 4 days either. I do find I have stuck points, as we talked yesterday about that. Mine is trying to cross into another decade. Hang in there, the scale will move again I promise. On another note - I LOVED your coment about losing weight because of your boyfriend. Thanks for the laugh today, I needed that.

Quote:
dana....i can certainly relate to your frustration about the weight...as i posted my first ever gain...last week..after 15 weeks...i gained 1.7 lbs. so far since i weighed in on monday morning, i am still at the same weight and nothing has changed.

it appears i have hit a major stall and not exactly sure why. maybe our bodies just get used to the foods or the same amount of calories each day?? i don't know how to get out of a stall??? i just know that in previous attempts at losing weight, i would lose for a while...then have again, and that would cause me to get frustrated and stress and then i'd gain some more and then i gave up trying to lose and would slowly over months gain back everything i had lost plus some. i don't want to do that this time.

some weeks i think my exercising slows my weight loss and some weeks i think it helps.

are you getting in ALL of your water??? on IP, i read, that your body "flushes" the weight out of your body when you go to the bathroom so its vitally important to get in all of the required water. that is something i am working on this week. maybe with the summer heat our bodies need a little more water?? i don't know. maybe my body doesn't like the alternatives i have been using. i just wish i knew how to break this stall too!!
!
I do think our bodies need a break once in awhile and you have lost a lot of weight so far. The scale will move again, for both of us! As for the water, I'm drinking anywhere from 4 to 5 big bottles per day, so I don't think that's the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
Thanks DanafromAustin for starting this group!

I have always struggled with my weight. I had some success on Weight Watchers and Atkins but could never 'stay' on those programs indefinitely and eventually regained. I learned about IP from my Neurologist! He was on it with his wife and they both lost lots of weight.

I am following the IP protocol with alternative products, I just couldn't afford to stay with IP. The biggest challenge doing this is staying focused and on track. I have no coach so I come here often for motivation and support. This week I have rededicated myself to being 100% OP.
Glad you joined us Cyndie and back at 100%
Old 08-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #133  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Good morning everyone. Thank goodness a slightly cooler day here in Austin today, but still in the low 90's. I'm sitting outside eating my breakfast bar and a BIG glass of water while my son is in his Algebra class. I homeschool him, but I also know when to farm out certain subject like Algebra, Biology. I work with him on history and English (two subjects I enjoy), but everything else is farmed out to some excellent teachers.

Just hang in there... you've done fantastic on IP, and you know it works. As you said, it's probably just that your body needs to catch up with having lost 13 pounds last week. You'll get to the Century Club very soon.

Quote:
I knew I recognized Greer Childers from somewhere! I've got her set of exercise videos from about 15 years ago, called 'Body Flex'. One of her theories is that you get great benefits from fully oxygenating your body - that's the reason for the 'strange' breathing she does. The moment I watched the video clip and saw her breathing I knew I recognized her from somewhere. I just checked my VCRs and sure enough - it's Greer Childers. If she looks that good still, I'd better dust them off and practise her breathing and Body Flex techniques again.

Quote:

hahaha gotta love google!!! if the info is out there, we can find it!!
Like I said to Dana, just hang in there. We know this works - we just have to be patient. And persistent. I've had a few 0 weight loss weeks, and several that were small. My WI was today - #21 for me - and again, it was 'just' 1 lb. I've been stuck on -1 lb the past three weeks now. A bit frustrating, but I tell myself at least I'm slowly losing it. My weight loss all along has been much slower than for most of the dieters here. Frustrating at times. But even plodding along as I am, I'm getting closer to my goal. That's the important thing. Don't allow yourself to get frustrated - just keep on keepin' on, and you'll get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
I forgot to add...I'm 57 soon to be 58.

This forum is such a wonderful idea! I enjoy reading about your stories and successes. I am so envious of all you happily married ladies. I always wanted that and it just never worked out for me. ( I tried more than once) Maybe, once I get thin......

I am a work in progress. That sounds so much better than I am a screwed up mess. Right?
A 'work in progress'... definitely prefer that to a 'screwed up mess'.

Last edited by evepet; 08-22-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Oh, I forgot to say, I'm 53 today! I have graying dishwater blond hair, and having raised 4 kids, with 4.5 grand-kids, married for 32 years- I have earned my age and every gray hair. I'm proud of it.
I'm definitely more at peace with myself now that I am losing weight. Carrying all that extra weight made me feel bad about myself. I just could not lose any weight on my own. This program is the best thing! I'm thankful for it.

I haven't been on 3FC for awhile, nice to see there is a 50+ forum now, I will be 56 on the 28th. I have been on IP since Feb 2012, I seem to have slowed down on the weight loss for the past 3 weeks or so, I figure it is just a temporary thing since I have lost 73 lbs. already. I was always very thin until my forties, by my fifties I was over 200, by Feb is was at my all time high, if I didn't do something I would be hitting 300 lbs by the end of this year, thats how quick it was starting to pile on. I found IP by walking past my current Chiros office after getting a pizza at Papa Murphys a few doors down, lol. I had been seeing another chiro for a back problem, wasn't happy with him, so called her. So two things at one time, lol. I didn't think I could lose so much so quickly as I take thyroid meds along with anti depressants for anxiety, but I have and am grateful to have found IP. I no longer take blood pressure meds and I feel sooo much better these days!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #135  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I knew I recognized Greer Childers from somewhere! I've got her set of exercise videos from about 15 years ago, called 'Body Flex'. One of her theories is that you get great benefits from fully oxygenating your body - that's the reason for the 'strange' breathing she does. The moment I watched the video clip and saw her breathing I knew I recognized her from somewhere. I just checked my VCRs and sure enough - it's Greer Childers. If she looks that good still, I'd better dust them off and practice her breathing and Body Flex techniques again.

Like I said to Dawn, just hang in there. We know this works - we just have to be patient. And persistent. I've had a few 0 weight loss weeks, and several that were small. My WI was today - #21 for me - and again, it was 'just' 1 lb. I've been stuck on -1 lb the past three weeks now. A bit frustrating, but I tell myself at least I'm slowly losing it. My weight loss all along has been much slower than for most of the dieters here. Frustrating at times. But even plodding along as I am, I'm getting closer to my goal. That's the important thing. Don't allow yourself to get frustrated - just keep on keepin' on, and you'll get there.

A 'work in progress'... definitely prefer that to a 'screwed up mess'.
yeah....she looks great!!! maybe i need to oxygenate my body!!!

yep...i'm a work in progress!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post

I haven't been on 3FC for awhile, nice to see there is a 50+ forum now, I will be 56 on the 28th.
!
welcome back!! i LOVE this thread!! my mind wants to be 30'something but my body sure lets me know otherwise!!
Closed Thread