Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 201/???/140

Height: 5'6

Hi I'm Nancy - 51 this October; I have just started IP this past week; first weigh-in on Wednesday. I think this program is an answer to prayer for me. I was just "plain" stuck in a rut and couldn't figure how to get myself out. I'm a working mom of 2 young boys ( had them at 41 and 43) which could perhaps explain some of my weight issues - if you think it's difficult to lose the baby weight when you are in your 20s and 30s well baby let me tell you it's even harder in your 40s. I've also come to a epiphany that my happiness or comfort level I guess is tied to food. For example my husband was thinking we could attend a waterfront concert this weekend and my first thought went to = but I can't eat at any of the street vendors now (inner wailing voice) There just is something wrong with that sentiment. So I'm hoping IP can get me off the insulin resistant/ carb craving roller coaster.

By the way I could be the poster child for Metabolic Syndrome/ Syndrome X whatever you want to call it. High blood pressure, high cholesterol (had to go off statins because of the pain) huge boobs, huge belly and this all seemed to worsen just in the last year. So Yeah - I'm ready for this program and so thankful to meet you all.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Yes! This will be an amazing thread!
I am 56 years old, married, raised 4 kids and now have 4 grandchildren.
My weight began creeping up around 40, along with perimenopause and fibromyalgia. I really believe all three have a strong hormonal component, And, it also didn't help that I am a SERIOUS foodie, been cooking since I was 7 years old, collecting recipes, catering, yada, yada, yada.
We women of a certain age have special struggles for sure, but on the positive end, we bring decades of life experience to our IP journey. I for one love not having to worry about fixing food for kids, having half-eaten sandwiches laying around, a cookie jar always full and ready, etc., etc., etc.
I am now at goal and LOVING it! Phase 1 is so awesome as others have said as it really allows you to examine how you got here and what are you going to do about it, without all the crazy carb cravings!
Looking forward to hearing from lots of Wise Women Working Wonders here!
Barbara
Old 08-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #18  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkmaine View Post
Hi I'm Nancy - 51 this October; I have just started IP this past week; first weigh-in on Wednesday. I think this program is an answer to prayer for me. I was just "plain" stuck in a rut and couldn't figure how to get myself out. I'm a working mom of 2 young boys ( had them at 41 and 43) which could perhaps explain some of my weight issues - if you think it's difficult to lose the baby weight when you are in your 20s and 30s well baby let me tell you it's even harder in your 40s. I've also come to a epiphany that my happiness or comfort level I guess is tied to food. For example my husband was thinking we could attend a waterfront concert this weekend and my first thought went to = but I can't eat at any of the street vendors now (inner wailing voice) There just is something wrong with that sentiment. So I'm hoping IP can get me off the insulin resistant/ carb craving roller coaster.

By the way I could be the poster child for Metabolic Syndrome/ Syndrome X whatever you want to call it. High blood pressure, high cholesterol (had to go off statins because of the pain) huge boobs, huge belly and this all seemed to worsen just in the last year. So Yeah - I'm ready for this program and so thankful to meet you all.
welcome to ip!! you can do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Yes! This will be an amazing thread!
I am 56 years old, married, raised 4 kids and now have 4 grandchildren.
My weight began creeping up around 40, along with perimenopause and fibromyalgia. I really believe all three have a strong hormonal component, And, it also didn't help that I am a SERIOUS foodie, been cooking since I was 7 years old, collecting recipes, catering, yada, yada, yada.
We women of a certain age have special struggles for sure, but on the positive end, we bring decades of life experience to our IP journey. I for one love not having to worry about fixing food for kids, having half-eaten sandwiches laying around, a cookie jar always full and ready, etc., etc., etc.
I am now at goal and LOVING it! Phase 1 is so awesome as others have said as it really allows you to examine how you got here and what are you going to do about it, without all the crazy carb cravings!
Looking forward to hearing from lots of Wise Women Working Wonders here!
Barbara
love that barbra....wise women working wonders
Old 08-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

I am INNNNNNNNN! Fabulous fifties!!!!! How nice! Great idea! Thank you!!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #20  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
You all are so inspiring and just feel from your sharing that we have a common bond.

I did not have a weight problem until I was 40 and found out that I had Stage IV cancer of cervix and uterus. It was a long haul but have been cancer free for 23 years now (hint, does that tell you how old I am). Don't ask me why, I believe it was because of the hysterectomy and the estrogen I began to add on weight. As the years have gone by, I have had some major health problems, like pulmonary embolism, heart attack, acute kidney failure but hey, I am still alive and kicking and for that I am thankful. It seemed that with each crossroad though I kept adding on 20 more pounds and 20 more pounds ++.

I can understand about the sadness and desperation as I have been there. Two months ago I reached rock bottom, just sobbing my eyes out about my weight and how I had let myself go. Where had my pride gone and my self esteem?

I had two friends that have done the IP diet and have both reached goal weight. I did go to the initial consultation with IP, bought one weeks worth of food and decided that I could not afford to to the IP program and choose to do alternative. The only obstacle I had when starting the diet is that because of my blood clotting disorder and on blood thinners, I could not have Vitamin K (vegetables). My doctor believes in IP and has worked with me, doubling my warfarin in order to accommodate all the veggies.
So far, so good, it is working.

I don't know whether this is true or not, even for women who can control their eating (which I did not), it is said that at 40, 10 pounds is added for every decade. I chose to more that double that average per decade.

Every morning my day starts with this site and everyday I receive the incentive to know that my new learning experience of eating healthier is because of each of you. Thank you.
Thank you so much for sharing your story. I think sometimes we have to hit rock bottom as you say before we get our wake up call, and thankfully IP has been such a blessing in helping us find our way back up. I also come on here each day for support and inspiration. I truly don't think I would have done so well on IP if it wasn't for all of you and the IP board in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
Introducing myself here too. I'm 50. I started gaining weight in my late 20's, I've struggled with thyroid issues. But all seems to be good now. I started IP 10 weeks ago at my all time high weight approaching 250. As of my Friday WI, I was down to 208 and wearing the smallest size I've worn in decades. I love this program, mostly because it's bringing quick results and it's not complicated. I feel my life changing, I can also feel my eating habits, likes and dislikes changing. I look forward to visiting with all of you in our "experienced" age group. I think I'm going to love my 50's! I'm excited about this thread.
Welcome and thanks for sharing too. For me turning 50 was pretty difficult, but now looking back I think it was because I was so fat, and feeling like this is it? I'm turning 56 in a few months and hopefully at goal. Now that I can get excited about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi all,
Great to have a place where we can share our personal and unique age related diet issues. I'm 55, soon to be 56 (Friday) and learned about IP from a friend, an oncology nurse, who had lost a great deal of weight in a short time and felt healthy. I respect her and so wanted to learn about it. The previous year (pre-IP) my weight, which was largely in the 155-160 range for years (size 10ish), started to fluctuate wildly and went up to 181 pounds at 5'5 1/2" (now shorter by 1/2 "). I could gain 5-6 pounds overnight and it would take 3 weeks to come off. I went on IP in 2010 and lost about 35 pounds.

Then we move - my husband decided to retire early and we moved out of state for several reasons (it was a happy move, a good move - just a little complicated to explain). I work full time still. In the process of selling our house and buying/building a new one, we eat out and eat what's convenient. I end up gaining all the weight back. No blame on anyone else - I could have made better choices but I didn't - I wanted to try the new restaurants and their specialty items. And the wild weight fluctuations are happening - again 6 pounds gained overnight and hanging around for weeks, despite cutting back but not on a formal diet. I am gaining a huge amount of midriff this time, more than before and arthritis is spreading.

So by this January I want to start IP - my husband doesn't really want me to since it cuts back on his restaurant ventures...By February I decide to go back to IP. In January I also saw my doctor for blood work since I suspected I had thyroid issues and my hot flashes and night sweats were making me miserable. In early February, I started IP, thyroid medication (armour), and bio-identical HRT creams. In the first two weeks, I lost a nice amount of weight and I lost the hot flashes and started to sleep so much better.

I learned about 3FC in Feb 2012, a complete godsend as I depend on this website for my education and motivation as my husband is not so happy with my reluctance to stay home for dinner for the first month so I can control what I'm eating and not fall off the plan. I use alternatives - btw, first time on IP in 2010, used only IP products and had a coach. In 2012, re-start IP and a new and only clinic w/in 1 hr drive in my new town lost my order and so I quickly learned about alternatives and never looked back. I lost the same amount of weight in the same period of time so I believe alternatives work just as well at 1/4-1/3 the cost. With the savings, I buy gadgets to assist my weight loss/health journey (omron body composition scale, actifry, nesco dehydrator, hamilton beach mini ice cream maker, etc.) as well as new clothes.

I'm closing in on goal, but not toeing the line like I was. Today I made myself a brownie, using the Big Train choc chip brownie mix for my "birthday cake" as tonight we have a bbq with friends and we always celebrate each other's birthday. My celebration is tonight. So, everyone else will have a regular brownie for my "cake", I'll have my low carb version (1 2" sq has 140 cal, 8 g net carbs). However, I just let my guard down and I've eaten 8 of them this afternoon. This is the worst transgression I've made since February...that's 64 carbs today in brownies alone. I better drink all my water and not have any more. Have to learn to take just a little mix out and make just one or two at a time. Have to say, it was among the best tasting chocolate sweets I've had on IP so far...clearly dangerous.

Anyway, thanks Dana, for pulling this thread together. It will be nice to have others in our age range to chat with about diet and health in a truly supportive way.

And to all who posted right before me today, thank you for posting, I look forward to getting each of you better and supporting you as you become your "best self".

Warm regards,
Chloe
Happy Birthday Chloe! You are so close to goal. I hear you on the moving out of state and enjoying all of that new food in your new city. We also moved out of state a little over 2 years ago, and of course I had to sample all of the wonderful new restaurants in town too, as if I didn't weigh enough already at the time. We still eat out a lot, but of course there are some places I just have to avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

my heart goes out to those of you dealing or having dealt with cancer.
STRONG AMAZING BEAUTIFUL SURVIVING WOMEN!!!!!!!
Thanks Susan.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello, Brenda here. Thanks Susan and Chloee, I have the midriff that would put Santa Claus to shame Some women are pears and some apples. I am an apple.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #22  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Welcome to the new home of Fabulous at Fifty + !! This is the place to share our thoughts, ideas, challenges, frustrations, and most importantly our joy of being 50+ and on IP. Welcome everyone!
Thanks for starting this for the 50+ crowd! It's nice to share with others who are experiencing the same post menopause fun! I am hypothyroid and have tried almost every diet under the sun. IP has been like a miracle! I have never lost weight so fast, ( well at least since my 20's! ). I'm also short, almost 5'2" so every pound shows. I've lost almost 20 and would like to lose 25 more.
You ladies are all so encouraging so lets keep this thread going!
Old 08-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

Glad this thread got going!!!! There are a lot of us over the 50 mark (60 +and i re good friends) and we all have led interesting lives. Some more challenging than others but that's one thing about our years, something new is always pushing us. If you are like I am, I'm hoping to be able to retire soon. We are helping our children (either financially or by child care) helping to raise our grandchildren and a lot of us have elderly parents still pushing our buttons after all these years! Yikes! That's 4 generations pushing and tugging at us. And.....a lot of us are still working at least part time. No wonder we are what we are. We haven't taken the time or the energy for ourselves. After doling it out to everyone else there isn't much left.

But.......once you find IP and see the results, your attention kind of shifts a bit. It's not that hard (someone else has done all the thinking part for you - you just need to follow the rules and learn not to fight it). I for one am super ready for not thinking, just doing. It works. Not as much stress, not difficult and extremely rewarding. I also think that at our ages we have more willpower. Yup, we've had those fancy meals out, we've all had enough bean dip with Doritos to sink a ship. We also know we will see regular food again and that wine will still be there in bottles waiting for us. We are strong.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #24  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Height: 5'0"

Default Great New Site

This is great! I am 56 and have always struggled with me weight but thouight I was just "Big Boned". Now that I lost it all on IP and slip into a size 4 easily, I am determined to stay like this!!!!! It gets hard sometimes and I really look forward to hearing from folks in my own age group. Have any of you taken up running to keep the weight off? I have but I don't think it is as easy as those 20 year olds who go dashing by me.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #25  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hi! What a good idea. Thanks for starting this thread Dana.

I was quite slim right up until my university days, at which point the starchy cafeteria foods started putting some extra pounds on me. That and too many late night trips to the vending machines in the basement level of the residence where I lived in first year university. Once those extra pounds got on to me, it seemed to be the beginning of a life-long battle with yo-yo dieting that has continued to the present day. I'm sure my fondness for wine through out my adult life has also had a negative impact on my weight. I'm 61 - so that includes a on-off dieting history of about 40 years. Through my 20s through 40s I had an extra 25-30 lbs that I lost and subsequently regained several times. It wasn't too difficult at that age.. I'd put myself on a diet for 2-3 weeks and it seemed that whoosh - 20 lbs would be gone. Unfortunately, I wouldn't permanently modify my eating/drinking/exercising habits, so the weight would creep back on over the next year or two, and I'd be back repeating the same process again. After menopause, it grew even harder to keep my weight in check, and that original 25-30 lbs expanded into closer to 50-60lbs of surplus weight. My highest weight ever was 209 lbs, which is what I weighed this past March when I started with IP. My moment of clarity came in late February when I was shopping for something to wear to my brother's wake and funeral. My 'wearable' wardrobe was sadly lacking, as I had pretty much refused to buy 'fat clothes'. I work from home, and had gotten in the habit of wearing loose lounging gowns through the day while working. My 'out and about' wardrobe pretty much consisted of a handful of very casual clothes that just weren't suitable for a wake/funeral. I'd kind of given up... looking back I think I was depressed by my repeated inability to keep the weight in check and had adopted the who the *%^! cares attitude. I wasn't denying I was fat - I was just trying to make myself belief that I didn't care any more. While I knew I'd been gaining, I was actually surprised that I'd slipped over the 200 lb mark. It certainly was a far from enjoyable shopping experience. And it somehow made a light bulb go off that I had to really get serious about this, get it off and this time KEEP IT OFF. Not just to look better again, but in order to protect my health. I'm definitely an Apple shape - too much extra weight around my midriff and stomach area - which is particularly unhealthy. I apparently also take after my maternal grandmother in many ways (including the weight problem) and she suffered a stroke in her mid 60s that severely impacted the rest of her life. While I've so far suffered no health-related problems because of the extra weight, I knew that if I kept on the road I was on, I was inviting some major health complications. Also, part of me has always felt that it's some sort of final tribute to my brother, and a sort of parting gift from him, as it was his death and that subsequent need to go shopping that finally opened my eyes and made me look at things clearly.

Like most of the rest of you, I've been on many well known diets through the years, some of them twice. I'm a lifelong member of Jenny Craig, but there's no clinic in the Canadian city where I live... otherwise, I might have gone that route again this time. Instead, my googling lead me to Ideal Protein. And I'm glad that it did, because I do have a very good feeling about this diet protocol and it's phasing out process once we get to our goal weight.

I've just returned from a long weekend away from home, where I was able to very successfully ignore all the food tempations and stay OP. I took some emergency supplies just in case, and my sister made sure that she had food items for at home meals that were appropriate for me. We ate one meal out each day too, but I was always able to find something appropriate for my diet. Still, there were still lots of tempations as I watched everyone else in our party enjoy their food selections. This included freshly baked bread, a variety of locally made ice cream that is my absolute favorite, a gorgeous raspberry pie, guiche with a melt in your mouth crust... and at today's lunch a lemon chiffon cake/whipped cream/blueberry dessert which looked as fabulous as it apparently tasted. Everyone in my party complimented me on my resolve to stay on plan and see this through, which made me feel great.

Anyhow - enough about me. I think this new thread is a terrific idea. It will be nice to have this new 'mature members' thread to hang out in. I look forward to sharing more with you all.

Last edited by evepet; 08-19-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #26  

I have been checking this sight out for a few weeks. I live near Panama City Beach in a small town Wewahitchka. I had gastric bypass 10 years ago and gained 60 pounds back. Turned 51 and everything has been changing with my body. Long story short I go to the Dr. tomorrow who has the diet in her office hoping all is good so I can get started on it. All of you are so amazing. Best of luck to all of you. I will be 52 next month.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #27  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
Glad this thread got going!!!! There are a lot of us over the 50 mark (60 +and i re good friends) and we all have led interesting lives. Some more challenging than others but that's one thing about our years, something new is always pushing us. If you are like I am, I'm hoping to be able to retire soon. We are helping our children (either financially or by child care) helping to raise our grandchildren and a lot of us have elderly parents still pushing our buttons after all these years! Yikes! That's 4 generations pushing and tugging at us. And.....a lot of us are still working at least part time. No wonder we are what we are. We haven't taken the time or the energy for ourselves. After doling it out to everyone else there isn't much left.

But.......once you find IP and see the results, your attention kind of shifts a bit. It's not that hard (someone else has done all the thinking part for you - you just need to follow the rules and learn not to fight it). I for one am super ready for not thinking, just doing. It works. Not as much stress, not difficult and extremely rewarding. I also think that at our ages we have more willpower. Yup, we've had those fancy meals out, we've all had enough bean dip with Doritos to sink a ship. We also know we will see regular food again and that wine will still be there in bottles waiting for us. We are strong.
well said....now its time to make ourselves a priority!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlady View Post
I have been checking this sight out for a few weeks. I live near Panama City Beach in a small town Wewahitchka. I had gastric bypass 10 years ago and gained 60 pounds back. Turned 51 and everything has been changing with my body. Long story short I go to the Dr. tomorrow who has the diet in her office hoping all is good so I can get started on it. All of you are so amazing. Best of luck to all of you. I will be 52 next month.
good luck tomorrow, you can do this!! now is THE time!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I'm Rhonda. Going on my 10th week of IP. I've struggled most of my life with maybe 10-30 lbs except in my thirties when I ballooned up to a big 226. I was in college full time and raising two boys. Once I started teaching I kind of got thing under control. Then my first marriage of 20 years began to fall apart and my we it dropped to around 150. I managed to keep that weight for most of my forties, until I married my 2nd husband. He's Sicilian, a little man, that shows his love through food. All meals are an event and he does not eat until 10 pm every night. We built a new house with a fabulous kitchen. Needless to say every night was party night in our new home! I'll be 57 in December and for all of my fifties I've been fighting to stay under 200. I had learned about IP through a friend that had great success with it. In may I had outgrown all my clothes and started looking into this protocol very hard. I began in June and was shocked to learn that I was 219. My husband only weighs 160 and he is loosing weight! My goal is to weigh less than him again. Hopefully by my birthday. I've lost 27 lbs so far and I'm very happy with the progress. However, the weight loss has dropped significantly, but I am still at an avg of 3 lbs a week. I know age, medications, and stress all contributes to slower losses. I'm not giving up and I know this site helps keep me focused. I am so glad to see the Fabulous Fifties thread. Thank you for starting this! I don't post often but I read everything, and it all helps me. Thank you!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #29  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Dana, what a good idea to start this thread! Thank you!

Hi, I'm Cindy, 54, and a recovering Chocoholic! I was never skinny, but not really 'fat' until I got pregnant in my early 20's. Gained 40 lbs with my first pregnancy, and only lost about half of that before getting pregnant again 1 year later, then gained about the same amount all over again. Began peri-menopause in my mid-30s, had a complete hysterectomy before I was 40, and was on HRT for about 15 yrs! (My menopausal symtoms were so severe that I refused to give up the meds any earlier.) Then 4 or 5 yrs ago I found myself up to 190 lbs (I'm 5'2 1/2"). I lost 43 lb & kept it off for nearly 2 yrs, then it slowly began creeping on again. That's when my BP went through the roof and was put on meds. Two years ago I had a spontaneous hematoma in my spinal column that left me completely paralyzed for nearly 24 hrs. They could find no reason for it, and thankfully I had a full recovery. But I was afraid to DO anything after that for several months in case it happened again! Inching closer to 200. My size 18's were getting snug & I refused to buy pants in a bigger size. Then this spring discovered I was diabetic; that was the final straw. (I remember a great-aunt that lost her leg, then her life to diabetes when I was a kid.) When the sleep dr. I saw recommended IP, it was like a life-line!

I feel part of my success with IP is due to all of the support given so freely here on 3FC. Thank you to all of you! I've lost 36 lbs in 12 weeks, & am off the BP meds. (The only negatives for me are that the hot flashes have come back full-force since starting IP, and my hair is falling out like crazy! Both only temporary though, I know.)
Old 08-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #30  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, Dana. Great idea. But, your statement about hitting a mental and physical roadblock at 8 months concerns me since I am so close to being on this 8 months.

Hi, all. I’m up there with blueskywyoming in my early 60s. I have been overweight all of my life. In elementary school, they called me Fatty Arbuckle after the very overweight silent film star. I’ve always been “watching” what I eat. I think I’ve drank diet drinks since they first came out. In high school, I took diet pills when they were really popular In the 60s. I did lose down into the 130s and looked like “death warmed over.” I am VERY large boned, so 135 looked terrible on me. When I was 19, I had major surgery for a grapefruit-sized ovarian cyst. The doctor told me my metabolism would go one way or that other and of course, it went the wrong way. I gained about 30+ pounds after surgery and it kept going. I’ve been a yo-yo dieter. I always thought that if I lost it I could keep it off, but I’d not change my eating. Bad habits came from an ultra skinny mom, who ate anything and everything and a lot of it. She was under the impression that mine was baby fat and I would grow out of it. LOL

Up until my 50s I could lose with some effort, but then after 50, I would try and nothing. My job has become very stressful in the last 6 or 7 years and the pounds kept packing on. The worst was right before I started IP this January. I had a couple bosses who could not stand me. I couldn’t take working like that, so I had one desk drawer always well stocked with chocolate. Yes, I’m a chocoholic. If mine ran low, the lady in the cubicle next to me had a huge basket full all of the time. With this out of control in my life, I was found by my current husband after 35 years, We were best friends in high school and for many years beyond, but then went our ways eventually in our mid-20s. When he found me 2 ½ years ago, he had been unemployed for 3 years. He was already a small, slight man, but living for months and months on one meal a day, which was often splitting a can of pork and beans between two days, took its toll. When I first saw him, he looked like baggy clothes hanging on a skeleton. I was determined he would eat well from that point on. I cooked fabulous meals (I love to cook), lots of starch and fats and meat and of course, ate lots myself. So, I added another 20 pounds to already being way overweight after we were married. I felt it was hopeless; I would be stuck like this.

My chiropractor had the HCG diet which I tried two years earlier, but stalled after only losing 30 pounds. Then this winter, they offered Ideal Protein and I went to their first introductory session. I’d try anything since I was at my all time highest, which was 40 lbs more than my second all time highest. It was easy for me to do into the program. I was diligent and was always 100% OP, but my losses were at 2 or less pounds each week (she refused to use a digital scale, so it was either 1 or 2, no tenths). I was in my early 60s and was thrilled with two pounds a week. My coach was NOT. She was convinced that EVERYONE should lose a minimum of 3 pounds a week or they were cheating. So, she was convinced I was cheating and was very cruel and demoralizing. I have next to no self esteem anyway and that was devastating. I had found this forum about a week after I had started. I would tell her things I read on the forum and some of the recipes and she said the forum would give me wrong information and all those recipes were against the plan and I would definitely not lose if I made any. I actually put up with that for three months and didn't let it get to me or throw me off the program.

During that time, I’d read where Chloe was using alternatives and contacted her and she sent me a lot of alternative’s literature she’d compiled. It helped me start on the alternatives path. That was four months ago and I’m moving right along with my losses. They may not be over 2 pounds, but I know my slower losses are because of my age.

I look forward to sharing our experiences together on this thread. We need to encourage each other. We can do it, it just may take longer than some of these younger ones.

newlady, a good friend of mine has an old fishing cabin in Wewahitchka she inherited from her dad. I was there a couple years ago. Welcome to the group, you'll be glad you found this forum. It's really great support.

Molly

P.S. you might not see me on here in the next 10 days since I deal with dialup and lots of cools stuff to do at the cottage.
Closed Thread