Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #151  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
hey lizzy.....how is your day going???
question for you...i made the zucchini chips in the oven...omg...so good...
...super crispy like potato chips if eaten right after they are finished...but i completely cooled the second batch and then stored them in an air tight container over night and today, they still taste amazingly good...but are not crispy crunchy but more chewy. they are still delicious!!! but i was wondering, when you use a dehydrator, do they store and still crunch when you eat them???
thanks so much!!!
Hi, Rainbow - I have stored the zucchini chips for a few days in a baggie after making them and they are still crispy. Probably because there's little to no moisture in them. They have never lasted longer than a few days, but I'd be happy to experiment for you!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #152  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Hi, Rainbow - I have stored the zucchini chips for a few days in a baggie after making them and they are still crispy. Probably because there's little to no moisture in them. They have never lasted longer than a few days, but I'd be happy to experiment for you!
ooooo experimenting would be such a "hardship" on you though
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

maybe if i baked them a little longer than the 2 hours???
i will try again tomorrow!!! WOOT WOOT!!
dh brought home 2 zucchini for me!! awwww!!!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Good morning everyone. Thank goodness a slightly cooler day here in Austin today, but still in the low 90's. I'm sitting outside eating my breakfast bar and a BIG glass of water while my son is in his Algebra class. I homeschool him, but I also know when to farm out certain subject like Algebra, Biology. I work with him on history and English (two subjects I enjoy), but everything else is farmed out to some excellent teachers.

I need some encouraging words... I restarted phase 1 last week after my last vacation. I had gained a lot of weight while away and lost all of it my first week back on phase 1. However I'm still up 7 pounds total from my summer phase off, and the scale will not move this week. I'm guessing it's because I lost so much last week, 13 pounds in all. I just really want to get back to my lowest and reach the century club. Hope this temporary stall on the scale is just my body catching it's second wind.
I think that you will be surprised at your next WI. Keeping good thoughts going your way.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

I am finally in Onderland. I have not been below 200 pounds for years.

I have been reading all of your posts about planning ahead when you go out. On Sunday night we went to a birthday party and my friend said that she was cooking a roast. I took my vegetables and low and behold, it was beef stroganoff. I caved and had about 1/2 cup.

Monday night, went to a bbq. They said that they had chicken and they would fix a salad for me (took my WF dressing). Oh, I have soooooo learned my lesson on listening to what the menu is going to be. They had pork tenderloin drizzled with apricot sauce, polenta and a salad with carrots, oil and balsamic vinegar. Driving home I thought, from now on I am planning an alternative dinner and carrying it in my purse. I imagine I am out of ketosis. Oh well, just picked back up OP Tuesday.

Missed reading all your posts. What a great thread.
Brenda
Old 08-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #155  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Evepet - thanks for the heads-up on the Argon Oil! I will look into it again.

Happy Birthday Rainbow!!! Hope it was a very colorful day for you And I can't wait to try the zucchini chips. I do have a dehydrator, but have only used it once for morel mushrooms. Will try that for the chips this weekend.

Bluesky: Congratulations!! Onederland - that is so cool! It's all downhill from here (In a good way of course!)

I have noticed that the weeks I really push the water and drink way more than recommended I tend to lose more. Because of this, I'm not expecting a great WI tomorrow as I've had to force myself to drink the bare minimum due to feeling nauseated the last few days again. And, the doc put a different cast on my foot today (a walking cast), and I swear it feels heavier (forgot to take my scales this time to do the before/after weights). Will be happy if I lose 2 lbs.

Even though it is only August, we've had some pretty chilly nights lately, and as a result have leaves are turning color already! Looking forward to a long, colorful autumn (my favorite season)!

Last edited by greeniris; 08-22-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #156  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by follyb girl View Post
I will be 52 in Sept. Turning 50 was crushing for me..it hit me harder that turning 30 or 40. I think not only the number but added to menopause just made me feel 'old'. But I decided to ignore the number and just enjoy life.

A friend of mine is an Internal Med doc and she recommends this diet to her patiets and suggested it to me to help get rid of those stuborn 20 lbs I gained the last 10 yrs. And I have been thrilled with the results! the last 7 pounds are going very slow,but it took 10 yrs to gain so I am fine with it taking time to come off.

I am a HUGE fan of coconut oil! I eat it and I use it on my hair for a great deep conditioer mask. with coloring my hair it tends to be very dry and this has been the best treatment i have tried. I also massage it into my face,neck etc.
The best deal I foiund for buying Coconut oil is at Trader Joes..it's only about $6 for a jar..and it will last you a long time.
Welcome and thanks for the tips on the coconut oil, especially for hair, will have to give it a try. I use it for so many things, I even mix it with my dog's food as it makes their fur really soft and shiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
I am finally in Onderland. I have not been below 200 pounds for years.

I have been reading all of your posts about planning ahead when you go out. On Sunday night we went to a birthday party an my friend said that she was cooking a roast. I took my vegetables and low and behold, it was beef stroganoff. I caved and had about 1/2 cup.

Monday night, went to a bbq. They said that they had chicken and they would fix a salad for me (took my WF dressing). Oh, I have soooooo learned my lesson on listening to what the menu is going to be. They had pork tenderloin drizzled with apricot sauce, polenta and a salad with carrots, oil and balsamic vinegar. Driving home I thought, from now on I am planning an alternative dinner and carrying it in my purse. I imagine I am out of ketosis. Oh well, just picked back up OP Tuesday.

Missed reading all your posts. What a great thread.http://nomnompaleo.us2.list-manage.c...d&e=5bd7fd109e
Brenda
Whoo Hoo on Onederland. WTG - enjoy your hard work.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:54 PM   #157  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Just checking in to say hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
My son is a music teacher...he is just starting his 2nd year!
Great! Is he a band director?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I need some encouraging words... I restarted phase 1 last week after my last vacation. I had gained a lot of weight while away and lost all of it my first week back on phase 1. However I'm still up 7 pounds total from my summer phase off, and the scale will not move this week. I'm guessing it's because I lost so much last week, 13 pounds in all. I just really want to get back to my lowest and reach the century club. Hope this temporary stall on the scale is just my body catching it's second wind.
Hang in there. You have lot a LOT of weight! The rest will come off. You know that. But I know it can be discouraging. You can do this! WWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodmomma View Post
Ok ladies.......it's now the 4th day in a row without any weight loss. I'm down 15 pounds since starting, at the rate of about 4 lbs a week. I've lost inches in the past weeks, but not that much ( Don't mess with a 60+ woman on a mission!
Capecod, this made me smile! No, they do NOT want to mess with us! On the other note, 4th day? Are you weighing yourself every day? Your weight will fluctuate day by day. If you can, wait and weigh each week. 4 pounds a week is amazing!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Just checking in to say hi!

Great! Is he a band director?
Yes, and choir too.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #159  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Alright ladies I started volume 2, so head on over to there. Does anyone know if we can actually close this thread, or can a moderator only do that?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #160  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...olume-2-a.html

heres is an easy link to the next installment!!!
woot woot

and yes, you can close a thread....open the thread you wish to close, click under the tab for "thread tools", it willl open a pull down bar...look at the bottom to click on "close thread"
Closed Thread