Old 08-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #31  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
My clinic included the first week of food when we started the program, with all different products so I could try different things. We have the option to buy individual packets or whole boxes. When I started researching the program I knew the food would be pricey but I definitely need variety - so I saved up a big chunk of money and bought a lot of different boxes after my first week.
I"m in MA too and this is how mine was, wonder if we're at the same place
Aimiloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiggy58 View Post
My clinic does not allow us to buy individual pkts. I wish they did. I have to buy a whole box of an item and then figure out if I like it. I have several things already that I have that I do not like at all and now I am stuck with them. Maybe we should start an envelope exchange! Probably not legal to do that tho. Oh well...I did just try the choc chip cookies. Love them! Was surprised that they are not restricted.
there were some people trading packets.
What do you have?
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #33  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
I"m in MA too and this is how mine was, wonder if we're at the same place
LOL I'd be amazed...I'm in New Bedford Where in MA are you?
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #34  
Started IP 5/9/12

S/C/G: 258/198/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
My clinic included the first week of food when we started the program, with all different products so I could try different things. We have the option to buy individual packets or whole boxes. When I started researching the program I knew the food would be pricey but I definitely need variety - so I saved up a big chunk of money and bought a lot of different boxes after my first week.

The trickiest thing for me was making sure I have twice as many UNrestricted items than restricted - the restricteds are SO yummy and it's tempting to keep a lot around. I do a spreadsheet every week of all of my meals, and I set everything up ahead of time (the night after my WI) so all I have to do is grab the baggie of packets for that day and go. That way I also keep close tabs on my restricted items!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this!
I was given an assortment of 21 different packets the first week. I chose 21 different items the second week. By week three I had figured out pretty much what I was willing to eat. After finding all of the recipies on this forum, I've added a few items back onto my "good" list.

Now, in addition to calculating my restricted IP foods, I also plan my week's veggies so I'm not eating the same thing every day.
Onyxmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #35  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

LOL nope we can bask in our mutual OCD! I've been doing the same thing with the packet hacks on here - I avoided a few of the puddings and the plain omelet until I found out what you could do with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyxmom View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this!
I was given an assortment of 21 different packets the first week. I chose 21 different items the second week. By week three I had figured out pretty much what I was willing to eat. After finding all of the recipies on this forum, I've added a few items back onto my "good" list.

Now, in addition to calculating my restricted IP foods, I also plan my week's veggies so I'm not eating the same thing every day.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #36  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

I'm in hingham! Guess not

Well to close this loop I called my center and said 'how do I choose my food' and they said 'what so you mean' I said 'do I buy packets or boxes?' he said 'whatever you want!!!'

That was easy. I am annoyed a little to not know the full range of products hey have there. I am sure they have more than mumsample pack as someone had the cookies and hose are not in my bag (wah)
Aimiloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #37  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
OMG....chocolate chip cookies are restricted??? My coach said that they are not!!! Sometimes I would like to turn my coach in for lack of coaching and knowledge.
REALLY! She told you they were unrestricted! They have 23 carbs, the most of all the IP products - I actually think they are restricted to 2x/week max like the Spaghetti (which has 22 carbs).

Some of these "coaches" really leave me flabbergasted!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:25 AM   #38  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
so far I do not like to chili. And the Peach and Mango drink. Has an after taste that is gross.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
The peach/mango was the first thing I had and blech!!!!!!!! Happily there have been other successes!
I find the peach mango is a useful packet to have around, especially if I'm having a restricted veggie for lunch, like grilled and marinated eggplant. The trick for me is to make sure I add lots of extra water and serve over a large glass of ice.
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote