Old 08-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 161/142/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Phase 2- what to expect?

I am beginning phase 2 this week. Not because I am at my goal but because in 3 weeks I am going on vacation to Napa with a group of friends to celebrate my 40th and coach thought I better phase off before. I have lost 16 so far with 10 more to go. What should I expect the next few weeks? Can I continue to lose during 2-3? I am planning on fully enjoying myself with wine tasting and eating out, but also am a little concerned about how it will affect me. Any comments from anyone who has phased off?
krisnchris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #2  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

I'm a little interested in these responses also.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #3  
Started IP 05/30/12

S/C/G: 230/See Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I went on phase 2 for 1 week before going on vacation. I lost 5 lbs that week. You can for sure do it. Good luck!
Robag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
I went on phase 2 for 1 week before going on vacation. I lost 5 lbs that week. You can for sure do it. Good luck!
Robag so did you just eat normal on vacation and then what did you do when you returned home? Go back to phase one?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #5  

I went on p2 for 9 days during a business trip and lost 2.5 pounds after a 4 week plateau. I am very close to goal. My problem was that I didn't enjoy eating more protein for lunch. It made me very tired for the rest of the day, and I really missed the ease of a shake. When I got home, I went back to P1 to lose the remaining 5 pounds, but I gained the 2.5 pounds back (I'm pretty sure I ate much more than the 8 oz. protein). I'm finding myself hungrier than ever. I am going to do a few more days of P1 (back to measuring and eating leaner meats), then back to P2 for a week and phase off. I'm struggling with the same 3-4 pounds for over a month. I think that P2 was very good for me, but I can't stand the low energy I have. I feel much better on P1.
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
I went on p2 for 9 days during a business trip and lost 2.5 pounds after a 4 week plateau. I am very close to goal. My problem was that I didn't enjoy eating more protein for lunch. It made me very tired for the rest of the day, and I really missed the ease of a shake. When I got home, I went back to P1 to lose the remaining 5 pounds, but I gained the 2.5 pounds back (I'm pretty sure I ate much more than the 8 oz. protein). I'm finding myself hungrier than ever. I am going to do a few more days of P1 (back to measuring and eating leaner meats), then back to P2 for a week and phase off. I'm struggling with the same 3-4 pounds for over a month. I think that P2 was very good for me, but I can't stand the low energy I have. I feel much better on P1.
That is my problem as well. I don't enjoy protein. Eating more at lunch is a waste to me as I would rather eat a protein packet than real protein! I almost have to gag down my protein in the evening as it is. That is too much for me. I had started to do half at lunch and half at dinner but now that i have to do it at both is going to be really hard. I think eggs may help. I will have a salad at lunch with some chicken and hard boiled egg. Good luck!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #7  
Started IP 05/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisnchris1 View Post
Robag so did you just eat normal on vacation and then what did you do when you returned home? Go back to phase one?
Yes, I went on Phase 2 for 1 week, started phase 3 just for a couple of days to get used to eating the carbs that I so love, and then I ate whatever I wanted for vacation. I ate everything from pizza to drinking about 4 dozen beer over the 1 month vacation. I then started phase 1 again last Wednesday and lost 10 lbs in the first week back from holidays. Don't forget, I'm a guy, so the weight seems to come off of us a bit quicker than the gals.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #8  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Yes, I went on Phase 2 for 1 week, started phase 3 just for a couple of days to get used to eating the carbs that I so love, and then I ate whatever I wanted for vacation. I ate everything from pizza to drinking about 4 dozen beer over the 1 month vacation. I then started phase 1 again last Wednesday and lost 10 lbs in the first week back from holidays. Don't forget, I'm a guy, so the weight seems to come off of us a bit quicker than the gals.
Wow, to lose 10 lbs in one week is great! Do you mind if I ask how much you gained on your vacation eating everything you wanted? Just curious if you basically lost everything you gained or if you managed to lose even more.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #9  
Started IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 240/184/130

Height: 5'3

I took my kids to story book land for three days last week and before the trip I was phase 1 and while we where gone I ate whatever I wanted and gained 7 lbs today has been a week since back and I also lost all the 7 lbs plus lost and additional 4 lbs :-) it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Plus since I have been back I have been doing all alternatives.
jessicaolsonx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #10  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Wow, to lose 10 lbs in one week is great! Do you mind if I ask how much you gained on your vacation eating everything you wanted? Just curious if you basically lost everything you gained or if you managed to lose even more.
I'm also very interested in this. I'm going just on a quick 4 day trip, but if something like this works, I sure could use a 4 day break.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #11  

I was told when I got back I could do the alternative plan. Does that just mean using different items bought online or is there a whole other plan? Coach thought that would work good for me but didn't go into much detail.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisnchris1 View Post
I was told when I got back I could do the alternative plan. Does that just mean using different items bought online or is there a whole other plan? Coach thought that would work good for me but didn't go into much detail.
NM. I found the alternative plan. Looks good to me!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #13  
Started IP 05/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
I'm also very interested in this. I'm going just on a quick 4 day trip, but if something like this works, I sure could use a 4 day break.
Basically, I gained about 4 lbs within the first day or 2. That, I think, is your body adjusting to the radical change of food. I then gained about another 2 lbs over my break. So when it was all said and done, I gained about 6 lbs over that 4 months. By the 3rd day of restarting phase 1, I had lost pretty much most of that 6 lbs. The rest of the week, I would lose about 1/2 a pound a day. I have my WI's in my signature. You'll see I put +6 lbs for my week 10 WI.