Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #121  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all! Hellloooooo from Vegas!

Congrats on some great losses, and a huge welcome to the newbies. I hope you find this place as supportive, valuable, and wonderful as I have!

My funny story for the day - coming through customs, the border agent asked me for secondary identification after looking at my passport! He didn't believe the picture was me! Too funny. I stumbled a bit then pulled out my driver's license and said 'oh - all my pictures look the same. I've recently lost 100lbs.' It never gets old saying that, btw.

He nodded and said that made sense, and congratulated me. Told me that I should be very proud. And that when I get back, the first thing I should do is get a whole new set of IDs done. hehehe.

Hope everyone has a fantastic rest of the Wednesday and that tomorrow's great too!
That is fantastic! I can only imagine how wide your smile will be on your new license
Old 08-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

rainbow and scorbett, Congratulations to you both! Rainbow that is the best thing to do is just register for the 5k, you will be ready, and scorbett, you will be glad you did!
The couch to 5k is a great program, I really like it. Another EXCELLENT program is from Jeff Galloway, he has many books but one of them is just for women, and he has helped many progress in thier running, but he truly promotes the run/walk method. I have done it and my time is actually better than when I try to run the whole thing. Not only does it help your time, but it is designed so you dont get injured and you are able to function the day after your event.
I hope you both have much success and enjoyment with your RALKING (that is what I call it!)
If you have any questions about it, I have some experience and would be happy to try and help!
Have a great day...
Old 08-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #123  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
rainbow and scorbett, Congratulations to you both! Rainbow that is the best thing to do is just register for the 5k, you will be ready, and scorbett, you will be glad you did!
The couch to 5k is a great program, I really like it. Another EXCELLENT program is from Jeff Galloway, he has many books but one of them is just for women, and he has helped many progress in thier running, but he truly promotes the run/walk method. I have done it and my time is actually better than when I try to run the whole thing. Not only does it help your time, but it is designed so you dont get injured and you are able to function the day after your event.
I hope you both have much success and enjoyment with your RALKING (that is what I call it!)
If you have any questions about it, I have some experience and would be happy to try and help!
Have a great day...
Thanks! I will probably have questions, I was never a runner (in my younger, thinner years I was a dancer) so it's new territory for me
Old 08-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #124  

Quote:

Congrats on some great losses, and a huge welcome to the newbies. I hope you find this place as supportive, valuable, and wonderful as I have!

My funny story for the day - coming through customs, the border agent asked me for secondary identification after looking at my passport! He didn't believe the picture was me! Too funny. I stumbled a bit then pulled out my driver's license and said 'oh - all my pictures look the same. I've recently lost 100lbs.' It never gets old saying that, btw.

He nodded and said that made sense, and congratulated me. Told me that I should be very proud. And that when I get back, the first thing I should do is get a whole new set of IDs done. hehehe.

Hope everyone has a fantastic rest of the Wednesday and that tomorrow's great too!
I had to go back and find your original post! That experience is fantastic! Congratuations, and even if you do get new id's be sure you keep the old ones!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Thanks! I will probably have questions, I was never a runner (in my younger, thinner years I was a dancer) so it's new territory for me
Dancing is something i wish I could do! I am not really a runner, to be honest. Always hated it. But it as my quiet time. No phones, no people (i train alone) and just time to either figure some things out, or enjoy my neighborhood. It has become therapy for me. I have come to love the time spent more than the exercise itself. And the medals when you finish arent too bad either.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
So excited - I just placed an order for a bunch of Walden Farms stuff online! I also ordered a bag of Miracle Noodles, I figured they were at least worth trying once .

I had a little prize on my doorstep when I got home from WI today (NOT the missing pounds!!!) - a pair of VERY hot heels I ordered from Shoedazzle...sort of my "when I'm skinnier and stronger" shoes! I'll see if I can post a pic when I get home from work
Ohhhh.....yes bring on the pics.... I LOVE shoes!!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:

That's AWESOME....you should be SO proud of yourself...you are truly an inspiration to me!!! Have a GREAT trip...I LOVE Vegas..DH and I go every June!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #128  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
Ohhhh.....yes bring on the pics.... I LOVE shoes!!
hehehe I will - work is over in two hours and then I will post a pic of my snappy feet
Old 08-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
A BIT OF INSPIRATION
I found this in a 3FC blog, but it originally came from a board on 3FC. I think this is just what I needed to hear today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Great quote - its largely how I live my life - want a life with no regrets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
i have a question...will surgery effect my weight loss ? Friday I have to have Dilatation and curettage with hysteroscopy
Yes, but Wingnut beat me to the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

I know you've ask evepet this, but I'd like to mention that I spent my first three months on strictly IP products and then went to alternatives. I've been on them just over 3 months. My loss the last 3 months was almost the same amount as the first three. I felt that was a good comparison for a long enough time. The only thing with alternatives is you have to do a lot of research to make sure you're getting equivalent nuitional values. With IP there's no thinking, they've done it for you.

Chloe has mentioned lots of times, make sure if you have an IV it does not have sugary stuff (carbs). They tend to default to that solution. Check with them in advance and make sure they get it right for you.

Good luck

Molly
Hi all,
I spent my first 2 months on IP products 100% in 2010 and then gained it back with life changes and easy, poor choices. In 2012 started again, doing alternatives 90%, lost an identical amt in the first 2 months. I use Nashua, same brands as my friend, Wingnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Thanks Wingnutandme. mind if i ask what products you are using? as of this week i now am paying for three people to be on IP. nice chunk of $ per month.

Favorites: Proti-Thin Cream of Vegetable soup, Proti-Diet Pea Soup, Proti-Diet pancake mix, Proti-Diet oatmeal (note maple brown sugar has maybe 7 carbs making it unrestricted unlike the IP version), I make eight 2 oz. white turkey meat burgers from 1 pound of ground turkey breast once a week and freeze them in a zip lock bag and hard boil a couple of eggs to keep in the fridge. I use Miracle Noodles (fettucine) every day for lunch – usually with soup and veggies so have a “pasta primavera” of sorts. Buy Miracle Noodles (0,0,0,) from www.iherb.com , free S&H over $20.00 plus also get my flavored stevia from them for my coffee and flavoring my vanilla pudding (stevia: English toffee, chocolate, vanilla crème, hazelnut, etc – I have all of them). Because I exercise 5 X week (2 X with weights, 3X Power plate plus dog walking) I at times, will add a 2 oz turkey patty at lunch and then have 6 oz. protein at dinner. Meanwhile I’m drinking 30 ounce tumblers of Mio flavored water (drink 4/day). I use a lot of Waldon Farms products and have to buy some of them online since don’t have the full array locally (www.netrition.com, flat $4.95 S&H). I put spinach in my milkshakes with ice cubes to extend them and get more veggies in. Use Proti-Thin vanilla and chocolate drinks but also the gnc Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein powder mentioned earlier. The Proti-Thin packets are handy to travel with so keep them for that.
Re IP, love the broc cheese soup, so that is the one product I buy from them. Their drinks and puddings are good, but hard to spend 5X more than what it costs to buy in bulk from GNC (Optimum Nutrition protein powder – buy on sale –so $.75/serving.)
One thing I noticed is the Proti-Thin and Proti-DIET products mix better with water than IP.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #130  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:

What an absolutely great NSV! I have a hugh grin on my face, picturing that whole scene. For sure, you're going to need a new set of ID - I can see for sure why he questionned you - you look like an entirely different woman. I can't wait to see the changes that the rest of your weight loss will bring. Have a great trip.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #131  
Started IP August 2, 2012

S/C/G: S/C/G 171/162.5/135

Default Week One Weigh In!

Down 4.6 lbs and 2.5 iches! I'll take it! I lost 3/4 inch off my behind!! Now THAT's motivating!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #132  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Rainbowsmiles - made your english muffin out of the crepe tonight to have with my burger.....OMG, I felt like I was cheating. It felt good to pick up my burger and eat it like that instead of with a fork. I used one of those small omelet pans where the cover locks and you just flip it over on the stove. Worked great!

Had my WI tonight and was down a pound and 2 inches. Been having major stomach aches this week and was very glad for the loss. Hopefully, I can go back and read the posts before I fall asleep...another one of those days!

Last edited by fam4me; 08-08-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:

Wow! You just keep looking better and better! Congrats in losing over 100 pounds! I have a job with a sister agency to CBP and it also amazes me when people have had huge weight losses. My own ID, especially my work badge looks totally different. I really wish I could get a new one, it is embarrassing to see how fat I was
Old 08-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I think that is an excellent decision to up your goal a bit. I am older than you and really notice it goes from my face and not my middle. you are doing great.

Pat
Thanks Pat!

[quote=Osohealthy;4431360]
Quote:
Hooray!!! Just got back from WI - I am down another 1.8lbs and lost FIVE INCHES! One inch off my bust, three from my waist and 1 off my hips! SOOOO STOKED!

We are so happy for you! Great success (ha, all around)
Isn't amazing how inches and pounds do not correlate? Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpetrus56 View Post
Hey Everyone! I'm Linda, new to 3FC and new to IP. Today is Day 1! I found this forum when searching for information about the program and have been reading up for several days now. This is a great place for information and support!!!! I was skeptical about starting yet another diet program but seeing all the encouragement and success stories has helped to give me the determination to go for it!

Quote:

You look incredible!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #135  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks for the well wishes. I should clarify that my surgery was done with a local only because I don't have insurance and it was the only way I could get it done. Don't want to scare anyone from getting their bunions taken care of based on my experience. It was my choice to go this route. There wasn't any pain during it, was just 'freaky' for a couple of minutes there.
Closed Thread