Old 08-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #1  

Question When unexpected schedule change happens

Up early b/c I had bad dreams.
Bad dreams b/c weird schedule got me home late (very unusual for me) so I ate right before bed. Made it a light meal instead of the full 8 oz meat. Didnt want to go straight to bed on that!

So here's what I'm wondering: if you have a day with unplanned circumstances, do you just have a 4th packet and forgo the "real" meal for that one day only? I had most of my veggies (and a salad) and don't think that's what caused the nightmares anyway.

I AM NOT talking about things that could be anticipated, but when life throws you a curve ball.

I've emailed my coach (skinny minny-never been fat a day in her life, doing IP for the $ in husband's practice) for her opinion, but I'd also like opinions here, based upon real-life experience, not just a textbook.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Welcome to the nightmare part of IP....you will have these dreams for about a week or so then they will go away. When life throws you a curve ball you make the best decisions possible. If you are unable to eat your "regular" meal then having a 4th packet is ok, its better than having something off of program. You aren't getting your full protein for the day by no means but its better than eating off program. Life will throw you many many curve balls, its up to you to make the right choices when it comes to food. Stick to what you know
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #3  

I keep a package of the granola bars from IP in the house and my purse and eat that if I am hungry and off schedule. I have even eaten a fourth pack and a granola bar when desperate.

My lady says thats better than grabbing something on the run.
shardianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Up early b/c I had bad dreams.
Bad dreams b/c weird schedule got me home late (very unusual for me) so I ate right before bed. Made it a light meal instead of the full 8 oz meat. Didnt want to go straight to bed on that!

So here's what I'm wondering: if you have a day with unplanned circumstances, do you just have a 4th packet and forgo the "real" meal for that one day only? I had most of my veggies (and a salad) and don't think that's what caused the nightmares anyway.

I AM NOT talking about things that could be anticipated, but when life throws you a curve ball.

I've emailed my coach (skinny minny-never been fat a day in her life, doing IP for the $ in husband's practice) for her opinion, but I'd also like opinions here, based upon real-life experience, not just a textbook.
Lisa, you are doing the exact right thing by posting on this forum for help in planning your response to the curveballs. My coach explained to me one day that the plan has wonderful structure and guidance, but we have to live our lives and to make it work for me. For example, some people will eat part of their 8oz at lunch time, or eat their snack at bed time versus afternoon based on their day. I applaud you for thinking through your curveballs instead of just letting things happen and feeling bad later!

PS my regular coach is also a very thin person, but she has been so awesome! She has tried every packet and says she tries to learn from every client. As an RN (the main coach is a nurse practioner) she understands the medical and health benefits of weight loss and is used to dealing with all kinds of people. She even cried with me (tears of joy) my first week when I lost 10.8lbs! I hope your coach works out for you.
mom2hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #5  

My coach said a 4th packet that on a day like that would be the thing to do. Although not optimal, better than off-plan choice or nothing at all.

I just don't want any more scarey guys chasing me in my dreams! The rest of the week looks "normal" so far. (maybe the nightmare was b/c I had to go back to work for the school year LOL)
Old 08-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Also, remember that in a pinch when getting home late or something unavoidable that 2 eggs count as your full protein. They can be easy to forget, but are so simple and quick to prepare and don't 'sit' on your stomach like 8oz meat would. IMO eating a 4th packet while not ideal is also a good choice.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

That's so interesting about the nightmares/dreams!!! My first week I had very vivid dreams, not really scary, but very weird and I remembered them very easily! No longer having them (on week 3 now)....interesting to hear others have them as well.

Why, do you think??
EPAPRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
That's so interesting about the nightmares/dreams!!! My first week I had very vivid dreams, not really scary, but very weird and I remembered them very easily! No longer having them (on week 3 now)....interesting to hear others have them as well.

Why, do you think??
Detox?
Old 08-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Also, remember that in a pinch when getting home late or something unavoidable that 2 eggs count as your full protein. They can be easy to forget, but are so simple and quick to prepare and don't 'sit' on your stomach like 8oz meat would. IMO eating a 4th packet while not ideal is also a good choice.
That has been updated to FOUR eggs and 2 egg whites (6/12/12 Phase I protocol sheet). A LOT of food for right before bed.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
That has been updated to FOUR eggs and 2 egg whites (6/12/12 Phase I protocol sheet). A LOT of food for right before bed.
Whoops! Seriously? That's a LOT of egg! My sheet is still the version before that one. Thanks for the heads up. I wonder why they keep changing things.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
WOW! That is an interesting update.

I use 2 whole eggs plus 4 egg whites.
That is approximately 32g of protein and 208 calories and 14g of fat.

I will ask at my weigh in on Wednesday as I have not seen or heard about a June update.

Thanks for noting it.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote