Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #31  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi Liz,

Can you post exactly what you do with the okra? I am like you about the slimey, but what you're describing sounds yummy. I am always looking for something new.
Hey Molly - this is actually a SewingMomma-inspired snack - I needed a LA girl to tell me how to make it! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4406208-post14.html

I slice my okra fairly thin and toss with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a little bit of olive oil. I spread the okra in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Then I roast it for 15 minutes in a 425 degree oven. It turns out a little crunchy and not slimy.

I had mine in for a few more minutes, maybe ~20minutes since I wasn't 100% convinced, but they turned out GREAT!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #32  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

I've never had okra, being a life-long MI resident, but might give this recipe a try. Don't care for the kale chips, but looking for a salty snack. Thanks for sharing again!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #33  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi, all!

Dakin - I gotta say, you look STUNNING in that dress!

I have WI #3 today. Sort of mentally preparing myself for a smaller loss - it was 7.25 at WI #1 and 4.75 at WI #2. I know I can't expect that every time. I don't weigh at home, so whatever it is, it'll be a big surprise - hopefully a good one!

I just know these pants I am wearing today are fitting bigger than last week - they keep sliding down on my hips! Gonna hit up eBay and look for some of my favorite Land's End commuter pants in a smaller size...
Old 08-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Ooh I just saw some fresh okra at the store but passed. I might have to go back and grab some to try it roasted! Kinda like chickpeas, I used to love roasted chickpeas!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #35  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

Hey, guys. I have a (weird) question! Is it possible to drink TOO much water?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #36  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
What?? Back to school already! Oh my! We don't start until the end of the month... thank goodness. (Note to self... get off your a$$ and start that curriculum work you've been putting off. lol)
Good luck with your new coach. I don't think I'll go back to my clinic when I do my reboot. Mine just didn't really seem to care. When I hit goal she never even suggested coming back to check in... she was like "See ya, have a nice life." Oh well, I hope you have better luck.

I know it gets tough when the scale stalls... but hold the course, you'll get there. I also had trouble getting all my veggies in as I only really like a few of them, but then I tried the adding spinach to my night time chocolate shake. No one could have been more skeptical about the taste and texture than me, but truly you can't even taste it. Have you tried it yet? Good luck with the 140's... you'll get there!

Have you asked at your clinic? I know that many give you a free box of product for each new enrollee. It's certainly worth mentioning!

Hang in there... You've been doing a great job with the program. As you get closer to goal, it comes off s l o w e r..... Slow and steady wins the race!

[B]VET!! Welcome back! [B] Great pics! I loved going to GS camp with my baby.... enjoy every day. Before you know it he'll be off to college. Sounds like your wife missed you! You asked for a pic in my 'little black dress' from the wedding last weekend.... I've been waiting for your return to post it.

You look incredible in your little black dress! Whoooo Hooooo Dankin is a Hottie! Great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaB50NFabulous View Post
Usmcvet-- congrats on reaching the half-way point of your amazing weight loss journey! Sounds like the camp week with your soon was a great success!!
Camp was awesome. They grow up soooo fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttrhalf View Post
what a wonderful photo
you and your son look so happy. great to hear that people from last year are noticing.
keep up the good work
. Thanks it was nice. Moving was so much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
Good morning friends!

I had a great weekend of sunshine and ocean beaches. DH and I took the boat to Watch Hill, RI, for the weekend. I am so thankful that we live along the water and have access to fresh fish. I was nervous about eating out in RI, but my dinner was awesome and OP- Grilled scallops, shrimp and swordfish with steamed zuccinni and summer squash. We even went clamming and grilled them last night for dinner.

Saturday was WI#3, -2.8lbs!
. Wow that sounds delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Yeah, I got a new 'coach' now that I am in Phase 2. She had been sitting in for a while. My old coach is going out to support more clinics, so she's not disappearing - she's too good! She still holds workshops, etc. and I will continue to email/text her with questions & updates - this new one is nice - and I still feel the same level of service and caring, she's been through the program too, but don't think she's nearly as knowledgeable - luckily my old coach is still on speed dial though!

Forgot to THANK YOU for the okra inspiration - I sliced & roasted them with some sea salt and brought them to the movies as my snack and they were DELICIOUS! I had tried making them pre-IP and was turned off by the sliminess, but I think it was the way I cooked them. I am looking for them now - I think I OD'd on Kale Chips, so this was a nice alternative to a crunchy, salty snack popper.

OMG - my hubby is the same way!!! I already have one kid, do I have to assign chores to the other one too!

I remember when you mentioned your coach had that "Have a nice life" attitude after you phased off. My coach was pretty adamant about a life-long maintenance schedule. It just goes to show how different coaches and clinics can be.

And I think there was one bigger skeptic with the chocolate + spinach combo - and that was ME! Now I can't get enough of it!!!

And your 'little black dress' is simply stunning!!

OMG - I am soooooooo jealous of your weekend. I loved living in New England and had a good friend who would go scalloping and that was THE BEST when we'd have dinners at his house!

YES!!!! I have to eat every 4 hours "or else"!!! Like folks said, just accept what happened, and figure out how to avoid it in the future. This journey is filled with obstacles, and for this short period of Phase 1 we need to really learn how to plan for them - I think it is a very important part of the program, as we learn strategies that can continue on into lifetime maintenance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
I've been on this site for close to 6 months and haven't figured out out to upload pictures yet - hoping this one worked.
Girls, we men need and like some direction. Not nagging just a simple honey do list. Gotta be direct with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagan240 View Post
Hey, guys. I have a (weird) question! Is it possible to drink TOO much water?
Yes. How much are you drinking?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #37  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I meant to post this here but posted in yesterday's thread.
See what happens when you take trips, the little mrs's missus you
Old 08-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
That's what I'm doing right now! My kids go back to school on Wednesday, so my early mornings will be filled with chaos and whining!

Well, it's WI day for me. I have a new coach, mine left my clinic. She's been sitting in on my WIs for the last two weeks and seems very nice.
Sewing momma,
You are so close to goal! How exciting!

Quote:

[b]VET!! Welcome back! [b] Great pics! I loved going to GS camp with my baby.... enjoy every day. Before you know it he'll be off to college. Sounds like your wife missed you! You asked for a pic in my 'little black dress' from the wedding last weekend.... I've been waiting for your return to post it.

Dakin,
You look incredible! CONGRATULATIONS! I actually look like you - at a quick glance, even I did a double take. I'll post a pic soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
I've been on this site for close to 6 months and haven't figured out out to upload pictures yet - hoping this one worked.
You have a fabulous change! Looking gorgeous! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Dakin Wow, I need a dress like that. You look beautiful!!!

I had a great weekend. My DH and I went with a few other couples camping/boating/fishing. It was a little cold and rainy on saturday, but I had a really good time. I caught my first Northern Pike. All of my camper clothes are huge!!! I really need to get some stuff that fits. Little by little I will get them. It is soooo expensive to get it at one time. I felt like my clothes were taking over my body all weekend. It's hard to believe they fit me a few months ago. I like my new me I am going to have my DH take "after" pictures of me today. The clinic is doing them this Friday. Hope you all have a great day. I have lots of work to do, so I need to get moving.....

Here is a picture of my biggest Pike
Wow! What a huge fish! Did you eat it?
Old 08-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

testing new avatar.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #40  

Hi all! I am with my mother today. She just had a hip replacement and phased off the program last week in preparation. She still lost 2 pounds while phasing off!!! I popped over for my weigh in and I am down 4 pounds this week!!! YAY!!! The scale showed a 169!!! It has been so long since I have been in the 160s. Granted I am barely there but I will take it!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #41  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Hi all! I am with my mother today. She just had a hip replacement and phased off the program last week in preparation. She still lost 2 pounds while phasing off!!! I popped over for my weigh in and I am down 4 pounds this week!!! YAY!!! The scale showed a 169!!! It has been so long since I have been in the 160s. Granted I am barely there but I will take it!!!
double congrats!!!
for mom!!!

for you!!

WELCOME TO THE 60'S BABY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #42  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Wink Your IPTV News report

Goood Morning from Hardy, BC

Dieter's forecast today..Sunny and warm with a mix of "empty wallets"

Now for your TOP NEWS headlines...

This morning we come to you live from a downtown mall, where there is abuzz about shopping today! It appears that locals in the IP community have been shopping until they drop at the local regular stores. Where once, a person might have spent 100$ on a pair of "plus" size jeans at a specialty store, local IP women and men are now spending 100$ on not just one pair of jeans..but several, as it appears that jeans are cheaper when bought in regular sizes. But thats just the beginning.. Locals are also investing in complete wardrobes as the locals have begun to see shrinkage around there mid-sections, back,arms, legs, chest..You name it! The weight is just melting off there bodies and now they are taking advantage of the great steal of a deal at the malls.. We talked to one local dieter about how she felt about the new wardrobe:

"Well..its different...it takes some getting used to.. Somtimes i go shopping and still see myself as the same size but then i look at my pant sizes that im fitting into and realize, im not actually as big as i thought. Im so used to wearing my sweats around the house because i couldnt find anything big enough to wear...and now all of the sudden, Im wearing these cute little skirts and tops and HOT PINK skinny jeans that i never wore before...Its totally cool...IP ROCKS!

We interviewed one IP's local husband about the change and this is what he had to say:

"Well... Im not going to lie, my wallet is looking pretty empty because my wife keeps on going off to the store and buying 2 for 1 shirts and pants. Before you know it, she comes home with an empty wallet..So, i cant say i like all my money being spent on clothes..but then again..I cant complain in the bedroom when i see my wife wear that hot little $#%#@... (we get the point) DAMN i have a hot wife!! Its like...va va voom.. ive never seen her look this good in a pair of jeans and a tank before!! I guess its worth every penny spent!

In other news...

Bakeries and grocery stores alike have been complaining about the decrease in sales in the bread industry. Turns out, theyre shelves are stocked full of so much bread, not being bought, that the bread is actually going mouldy on the shelves before even being bought..We spoke to one Bakery Department in the local grocery store...

ME: "So what do you think about the lack of bread sales?"

BAKER: " I think it blows...i have never seen so much mouldy bread in my entire life. I have so much bread stocked up, i could build a hut out of bricks of bread."

Me: "What do you think is causing the decrease in sales?

Baker: " I blame it on this new favorite diet that people are on..Its like they dont want bread anymore..or worse! Theyve managed to find a way to make there own "bread".. Take for an example... one lady..she stood in my store giving away samples of "IP English Muffins" and in MY bakery department!!!!"

Me: " You seem to be upset"

Baker: "Well heck yes im upset..my bread is going mouldy and im being put out of business by an IP local making her own english muffins and hamburger buns!"(which by the way..the recipe can be found in "Mixin in the kitchen with Rainbow")

Well folks...you heard it here on IPTV!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #43  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

OMG - PORT!!!! LOLing! I'm at work....LOLO>OLL!!! I love IPTV!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Monday!!!

Hoping everyone's week starts off well! Hubby and I both conked out early last night (we're usually night owls but were both out cold before 11pm), and the littlest climbed into bed with us around 4 this morning. He tends to poke me in the nose when he sleeps, so I was wide awake at 6:30 and am now enjoying a hot cup of black coffee with ABSOLUTE SILENCE in the house The chores didn't get finished last night but the sleep was SO worth it! Actually thinking about going for a little walk before the house starts waking up
I LOVE quiet mornings when it is JUST ME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Good morning! This was a busy weekend for me. Helped my sister paint her new place all weekend. I'm glad to be at work and to just sit at my desk most of the day.

My house is a mess since I wasnt there to do the weekend cleaning. I mistakenly thought my husband would do some cleaning while I was out of the house. I didn't actually ask him to do chores, so nothing happened.

I stayed on plan though! My house may be a mess, but I am 2 lbs lighter this week!
My husband never cleans either., but, if it is in writing...nope, not then either. WTG on 2 pounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Good morning everyone!! I am back from camping, Thank goodness!!
I am so burnt its not even funny. It hurts to move my arms up and down. It's terrible.

We had a good time up until Saturday night. We went eat at a seafood buffet and I pretty much lost it. I started off good, eating just boiled shrimp, but that didnt last long. So I am confessing here, I CHEATED! I felt so bad after, emotionally and physically. I literally felt sick to my stomach and I sure do not miss that feeling at all. I never want to feel that way again, so lesson learned. I am back being OP 100%. Hopefully the scale tomorrow is not THAT mean to me.

I, too, have the same problem on the weekends. My problem is that I wait too long to eat between meals. Like I will go 6-7 hours without eating then try to get in all my food at one time and that is hard. I am still working on that.

hope you all have an OP day. I wish I could go hide in a corner and go to sleep.
Get right back on program! You made a mistake and now it is over and you can move on. Be VERY strict the next 2 days and maybe no restricteds. My coach had advised that for while I am on vacation and if I goof. She said if you cheat one day, be very strict the next 2. If you have the mindset that you already goofed, why not goof again, you will gain. You are human! I HAVE to eat every 3-4 hours or I get grumpy and start craving. I like rainbow's suggestion of preparing ahead and sitting it within eyesight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
Good morning friends!

I had a great weekend of sunshine and ocean beaches. DH and I took the boat to Watch Hill, RI, for the weekend. I am so thankful that we live along the water and have access to fresh fish. I was nervous about eating out in RI, but my dinner was awesome and OP- Grilled scallops, shrimp and swordfish with steamed zuccinni and summer squash. We even went clamming and grilled them last night for dinner.

Saturday was WI#3, -2.8lbs!
How fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Dakin Wow, I need a dress like that. You look beautiful!!!

I had a great weekend. My DH and I went with a few other couples camping/boating/fishing. It was a little cold and rainy on saturday, but I had a really good time. I caught my first Northern Pike. All of my camper clothes are huge!!! I really need to get some stuff that fits. Little by little I will get them. It is soooo expensive to get it at one time. I felt like my clothes were taking over my body all weekend. It's hard to believe they fit me a few months ago. I like my new me I am going to have my DH take "after" pictures of me today. The clinic is doing them this Friday. Hope you all have a great day. I have lots of work to do, so I need to get moving.....

Here is a picture of my biggest Pike
I agree, GREAT DRESS DAKIN!!!

My husband was peeking over my shoulder and said "NICE FISH!!!" Looks like fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
double congrats!!!
for mom!!!

for you!!

WELCOME TO THE 60'S BABY!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #45  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
What?? Back to school already! Oh my! We don't start until the end of the month... thank goodness. (Note to self... get off your a$$ and start that curriculum work you've been putting off. lol)
Good luck with your new coach. I don't think I'll go back to my clinic when I do my reboot. Mine just didn't really seem to care. When I hit goal she never even suggested coming back to check in... she was like "See ya, have a nice life." Oh well, I hope you have better luck.

I know it gets tough when the scale stalls... but hold the course, you'll get there. I also had trouble getting all my veggies in as I only really like a few of them, but then I tried the adding spinach to my night time chocolate shake. No one could have been more skeptical about the taste and texture than me, but truly you can't even taste it. Have you tried it yet? Good luck with the 140's... you'll get there!

Have you asked at your clinic? I know that many give you a free box of product for each new enrollee. It's certainly worth mentioning!

Hang in there... You've been doing a great job with the program. As you get closer to goal, it comes off s l o w e r..... Slow and steady wins the race!

[B]VET!! Welcome back! [B] Great pics! I loved going to GS camp with my baby.... enjoy every day. Before you know it he'll be off to college. Sounds like your wife missed you! You asked for a pic in my 'little black dress' from the wedding last weekend.... I've been waiting for your return to post it.

Wow look at you! One hot mama! That dress aint wearing you...your wearing that dress!
Closed Thread