Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #16  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
This is exactly what I needed to hear. Slight tender whoop and motivation.

NSV? I have gotten a couple of people onto IP. I wish they had a Bring A Friend discount. After one of my friends starts this week, that will be 3 I've brought into the program. It makes me feel really good when people are really interested to hear about this program.

Thanks for the encouragement.
I agree ask your clinic about the refer a friend, I know I we give a free box of food with a referral!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Good morning everyone!! I am back from camping, Thank goodness!!
I am so burnt its not even funny. It hurts to move my arms up and down. It's terrible.

We had a good time up until Saturday night. We went eat at a seafood buffet and I pretty much lost it. I started off good, eating just boiled shrimp, but that didnt last long. So I am confessing here, I CHEATED! I felt so bad after, emotionally and physically. I literally felt sick to my stomach and I sure do not miss that feeling at all. I never want to feel that way again, so lesson learned. I am back being OP 100%. Hopefully the scale tomorrow is not THAT mean to me.

I, too, have the same problem on the weekends. My problem is that I wait too long to eat between meals. Like I will go 6-7 hours without eating then try to get in all my food at one time and that is hard. I am still working on that.

hope you all have an OP day. I wish I could go hide in a corner and go to sleep.
Ok Aimee, its Monday, NEW day....don't beat yourself up just get back to it today. you got this!

happy Monday everyone, was at mom's for the weekend, had a great time always a short visit. My youngest goes back up to college today so its going to be one of those days for me. I am at work though, told him "bye" last night after we had dinner. Its always an emotional thing when he leaves, not that he stays with me when he is here but I know he is right around the corner, when he is up at college he is 5 hrs away I guess that is the hard part.....lol....oh well, everyone have a great day!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I meant to post this here but posted in yesterday's thread.
what a wonderful photo
you and your son look so happy. great to hear that people from last year are noticing.
keep up the good work
Old 08-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Good morning friends!

I had a great weekend of sunshine and ocean beaches. DH and I took the boat to Watch Hill, RI, for the weekend. I am so thankful that we live along the water and have access to fresh fish. I was nervous about eating out in RI, but my dinner was awesome and OP- Grilled scallops, shrimp and swordfish with steamed zuccinni and summer squash. We even went clamming and grilled them last night for dinner.

Saturday was WI#3, -2.8lbs!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #19  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, I didn't get to check in on the threads at all this weekend, it was a busy one. Hope everyone had a great one. I have also been glued to the TV watching the olympics. USA is kicking major butt! Love it. Have a great day all. BTW Vet it is good to see you back from your trip with your son.
missed you this weekend...but totally understand...as am glued to the olympics too!!! GO USA!!!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!
i was happy usa got that bronze but have to admit i was rooting for usain bolt!! bolt of lightning!!!

there have been some beautiful moments of olympic history made this time!!! i love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Good morning everyone!! I am back from camping, Thank goodness!!
I am so burnt its not even funny. It hurts to move my arms up and down. It's terrible.

We had a good time up until Saturday night. We went eat at a seafood buffet and I pretty much lost it. I started off good, eating just boiled shrimp, but that didnt last long. So I am confessing here, I CHEATED! I felt so bad after, emotionally and physically. I literally felt sick to my stomach and I sure do not miss that feeling at all. I never want to feel that way again, so lesson learned. I am back being OP 100%. Hopefully the scale tomorrow is not THAT mean to me.

I, too, have the same problem on the weekends. My problem is that I wait too long to eat between meals. Like I will go 6-7 hours without eating then try to get in all my food at one time and that is hard. I am still working on that.

hope you all have an OP day. I wish I could go hide in a corner and go to sleep.
aimee....awww gf...sorry you went awol, but like wuv said, get right back to business. going for long periods in between eating used to be my main problem. some days i wouldn't eat anything until supper. then pig out!! mow, i make myself eat every 3.5 hours or less. no fail. sometimes i even make my things ahead of time and sit them in my office by the computer to remind me. we do what we have to do!!
hang in there...you can get back in this game....just get your head back in it ok....promise??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post

WOW....DAKIN.....YOU ARE STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-06-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #20  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Well, it's WI day for me. I have a new coach, mine left my clinic. She's been sitting in on my WIs for the last two weeks and seems very nice.
Yeah, I got a new 'coach' now that I am in Phase 2. She had been sitting in for a while. My old coach is going out to support more clinics, so she's not disappearing - she's too good! She still holds workshops, etc. and I will continue to email/text her with questions & updates - this new one is nice - and I still feel the same level of service and caring, she's been through the program too, but don't think she's nearly as knowledgeable - luckily my old coach is still on speed dial though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Last night I had roasted okra. Two cups measured raw isn't too daunting when you roast it.
Forgot to THANK YOU for the okra inspiration - I sliced & roasted them with some sea salt and brought them to the movies as my snack and they were DELICIOUS! I had tried making them pre-IP and was turned off by the sliminess, but I think it was the way I cooked them. I am looking for them now - I think I OD'd on Kale Chips, so this was a nice alternative to a crunchy, salty snack popper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
My house is a mess since I wasnt there to do the weekend cleaning. I mistakenly thought my husband would do some cleaning while I was out of the house. I didn't actually ask him to do chores, so nothing happened.

I stayed on plan though! My house may be a mess, but I am 2 lbs lighter this week!
OMG - my hubby is the same way!!! I already have one kid, do I have to assign chores to the other one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good luck with your new coach. I don't think I'll go back to my clinic when I do my reboot. Mine just didn't really seem to care. When I hit goal she never even suggested coming back to check in... she was like "See ya, have a nice life." Oh well, I hope you have better luck.

I also had trouble getting all my veggies in as I only really like a few of them, but then I tried the adding spinach to my night time chocolate shake. No one could have been more skeptical about the taste and texture than me, but truly you can't even taste it. Have you tried it yet? Good luck with the 140's... you'll get there!

[B]VET!! Welcome back! [B] Great pics! I loved going to GS camp with my baby.... enjoy every day. Before you know it he'll be off to college. Sounds like your wife missed you! You asked for a pic in my 'little black dress' from the wedding last weekend.... I've been waiting for your return to post it.
I remember when you mentioned your coach had that "Have a nice life" attitude after you phased off. My coach was pretty adamant about a life-long maintenance schedule. It just goes to show how different coaches and clinics can be.

And I think there was one bigger skeptic with the chocolate + spinach combo - and that was ME! Now I can't get enough of it!!!

And your 'little black dress' is simply stunning!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
I had a great weekend of sunshine and ocean beaches. DH and I took the boat to Watch Hill, RI, for the weekend. I am so thankful that we live along the water and have access to fresh fish. I was nervous about eating out in RI, but my dinner was awesome and OP- Grilled scallops, shrimp and swordfish with steamed zuccinni and summer squash. We even went clamming and grilled them last night for dinner.
OMG - I am soooooooo jealous of your weekend. I loved living in New England and had a good friend who would go scalloping and that was THE BEST when we'd have dinners at his house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
wave: aimee....awww gf...sorry you went awol, but like wuv said, get right back to business. going for long periods in between eating used to be my main problem. some days i wouldn't eat anything until supper. then pig out!! mow, i make myself eat every 3.5 hours or less. no fail. sometimes i even make my things ahead of time and sit them in my office by the computer to remind me. we do what we have to do!!
hang in there...you can get back in this game....just get your head back in it ok....promise??
YES!!!! I have to eat every 4 hours "or else"!!! Like folks said, just accept what happened, and figure out how to avoid it in the future. This journey is filled with obstacles, and for this short period of Phase 1 we need to really learn how to plan for them - I think it is a very important part of the program, as we learn strategies that can continue on into lifetime maintenance.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Morning everyone, been away for a few days. had my WI#6 last Thursday and down another 3.2lbs and 3.5", yahoo.
My sister was in town this weekend from San Diego for our grandmothers 90th birthday we had fun. It was awful hot here yesterday for the party 95deg (IN WASHINGTON) it was great to see some of our cousins and other relatives.
hard time staying 100% on plan with everything going on but back with a vengeance for this week.
everyone have a great monday.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #22  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Forgot to THANK YOU for the okra inspiration - I sliced & roasted them with some sea salt and brought them to the movies as my snack and they were DELICIOUS! I had tried making them pre-IP and was turned off by the sliminess, but I think it was the way I cooked them. I am looking for them now - I think I OD'd on Kale Chips, so this was a nice alternative to a crunchy, salty snack popper.

Hi Liz,

Can you post exactly what you do with the okra? I am like you about the slimey, but what you're describing sounds yummy. I am always looking for something new.

Dakin, you look fabulous. I'm so sorry your clinic is not supportive of the whole program and you coach is so non-caring. Mine coach was like that during the program and is why I've been on my own for four months now.

Hope everyone has a great day and week and will have wonderful WIs (missed mine this last weekend). I've found now that I'm on medical leave (not working) and also up at the cottage, I just have no concept of days or time (other than we have to leave tomorrow to return to the real world and the blazing hot south). It's been so nice.

Lots to do to get ready to leave in a day. We've been pretty lazy this trip.

Have a great OP day.

Molly
Old 08-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

I've been on this site for close to 6 months and haven't figured out out to upload pictures yet - hoping this one worked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo1.jpg (96.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg july9121.jpg (76.8 KB, 49 views)
Old 08-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #24  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Dakin Wow, I need a dress like that. You look beautiful!!!

I had a great weekend. My DH and I went with a few other couples camping/boating/fishing. It was a little cold and rainy on saturday, but I had a really good time. I caught my first Northern Pike. All of my camper clothes are huge!!! I really need to get some stuff that fits. Little by little I will get them. It is soooo expensive to get it at one time. I felt like my clothes were taking over my body all weekend. It's hard to believe they fit me a few months ago. I like my new me I am going to have my DH take "after" pictures of me today. The clinic is doing them this Friday. Hope you all have a great day. I have lots of work to do, so I need to get moving.....

Here is a picture of my biggest Pike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01773 (1024x768) (800x600).jpg (40.9 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by mooselover; 08-06-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: My Picture wont load :(
Old 08-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
I've been on this site for close to 6 months and haven't figured out out to upload pictures yet - hoping this one worked.
it worked just fine. wow on the changes!! how did you do the photo? I need to change my avatar... the dogs did a great pose over the weekend.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #26  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Have a great OP day.

Molly
good morning gorgeous!! hope you had a beautiful trip!!! its a lovely monday here in the south!!! gonna get out and get fresh air!! thanks for all your help with my NN order...its going in today!! woohoo
have a great day lovely one!!!
hugs
susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post

WOW!!!! AWESOME JOB!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #27  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Dakin - you look FABULOUS!! Congratulations girl!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Morning all! Quick check in from work.... I am challenging myself to no MiO for the rest of the week to see if my WI improves.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #29  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Dakin - you look FABULOUS!! Congratulations girl!
hi greeniris...you're looking MIGHTY FABULOUS YOURSELF...over there with that lovely smile on your face!! have a beautiful day!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #30  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Morning all! Quick check in from work.... I am challenging myself to no MiO for the rest of the week to see if my WI improves.
good morning loco!!!

oooh mama mia mio!!!!
mia = missing in action!! hahaha

have a GREAT week!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-06-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Closed Thread