Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question HELP HELP! Did I kicky myself out of ketosis???

I am feeling rather upset and concerned right now at this time. I have been OP since i started this program this time around..Not a lick , taste or a bite and my numbers show the continuous losses from week to week..I have been so happy being in ketosis and not feeling hungry...

HOWEVER... I was feeling seriously nauseated in the store today, felt like i was going to puke...so my hubby grabbed me a 1 litre gingerale and we booked it out of there pronto...I get to the car, unscrew the cap and suck it back like nobodys business...hoping that it would help..Well..good news is..it did help... BAD NEWS is... It wasnt diet ...

I didnt even look at the label on the bottle till after i had drank some..Usually i pick up diet .... i never buy the sugar laden soft drinks..but my hunny must have picked it up in a rush, and didnt look..and of course me thinking that he has my best interest at heart..assumed it was diet....

So now im seriously conerned i have knocked myself out of ketosis...
The carb content per 8oz were 25 grams of carbs... 16 grams of sugar...

I measured the rest of the gingerale out when i got home to see how much i had drank..and it looks like maybe 1/2 a cup was gone..My question is...if thats half a cup...then thats about 13 total carbs for that 1/2 cup....

My other food for the day..has consisted of..

morning shake: 2 g net carb
Lunch shake : 2 g net carb
wafer packet alternative: 6 net carb

So thats 10 grams of Net carbs without adding in vegs yet...So 10 plus 12 is 22 Net carbs...will this kick me out of ketosis????? Ive worked so hard to stay OP 100% I dont want to have ruined it...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #2  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
I am feeling rather upset and concerned right now at this time. I have been OP since i started this program this time around..Not a lick , taste or a bite and my numbers show the continuous losses from week to week..I have been so happy being in ketosis and not feeling hungry...

HOWEVER... I was feeling seriously nauseated in the store today, felt like i was going to puke...so my hubby grabbed me a 1 litre gingerale and we booked it out of there pronto...I get to the car, unscrew the cap and suck it back like nobodys business...hoping that it would help..Well..good news is..it did help... BAD NEWS is... It wasnt diet ...

I didnt even look at the label on the bottle till after i had drank some..Usually i pick up diet .... i never buy the sugar laden soft drinks..but my hunny must have picked it up in a rush, and didnt look..and of course me thinking that he has my best interest at heart..assumed it was diet....

I measured the rest of the gingerale out when i got home to see how much i had drank..and it looks like maybe 1/2 a cup was gone..My question is...if thats half a cup...then thats about 13 total carbs for that 1/2 cup....

So thats 10 grams of Net carbs without adding in vegs yet...So 10 plus 12 is 22 Net carbs...will this kick me out of ketosis????? Ive worked so hard to stay OP 100% I dont want to have ruined it...
I wish I could help you, but I'm too new to be sure....All I can do is hope for you!! I think the magic number I hear is 40 carbs or less a day, so you might be ok???? I'm sure someone else will know. I've got my fingers crossed for you! Look on the bright side...this will make for an excellent update on IPTV!
CarCamMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'm way too new to be an expert, but I've done LOTS of reading on the forums since starting. I have seen more than one person post that their coach allowed for a "cheat" day (which I can only assume means they would be eating a lot more carbs than usual) followed by 2 days on VERY strict phase 1 protocol with NO restricted packets/bars. Not something to make a habit of, but it might be worth doing for the next 2 days and talk to your coach. You might stall just a little but you shouldn't lose too much ground.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #4  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post

According to the educational video clips that I've watched a couple of times, I believe that the range of 'acceptable' carbs on IP is between 20-40/net carbs day, and that where you fall on that range depends on your individual biochemical makeup. Some dieters who are extra carb sensitive may do best sticking at the lower end of that range - others will be ok towards the higher end quite consistently. I've ate at the 40 net carbs/day many times over the past 4 months, and don't think it's knocked me out of ketosis. But then... my weight loss hasn't been the fastest either, so perhaps I would have done better to stick with a lower carb level. But I'm menopausal, and think that might have something to do with my slower losses as well.

My advice would be to not panic... after all you can't undo what's already done... and adding stress to the situation will only make things worse.
Chances are you'll be just fine, especially if you get back to your regular eating style tomorrow.

BTW - you're doing really well. Proud of you.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #5  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

I would drink more water than you are used to and help flush any sugars out of the body quicker, that is what comes to mind first...although I am still new to this. I watched those videos too and he talked about ketosis...maybe it might help...http://idealcoaching.tv/emails/email4.html
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #6  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Port...you know the deal...

'IF' you did inadvertently kick yourself out, you and I both know there is only one way to get back into ketosis...

Stick to the plan, the quicker you get back on, the quicker ketosis kicks back in. So honest mistake, will it be enough to kick you out of ketosis, nobody knows, but in the end it doesnt matter...back on plan girl...hope your feelin better!
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Port why do you always Panic? some of y'all make this WAY more complicated than it is. I understand your concern BUT you know like Longhorn says you know the drill.....get back OP, you will be fine
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Port, all of the IP bars and snacks have more carbs that 13 so if you ate on track the rest of the day you are still on track.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #9  

I read several places that it takes 100+ to knock you out of ketosis. I had a day at the county fair, got knocked out, but was back in a day later. No biggie.

I'd rather get knocked out of ketosis than puke in a store. I also think the nausea is a bigger concern than ketosis.
Ugh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Even if you did, take each day one at a time. So what if it did. You are human. Just go back on track. I knocked myself out Friday night and was surprised to find that depite that, I still lost 3 pounds over the weekend.

But if you are really concerned, go to your pharmacy and buy a kit that tests for it. You can find it at Walgreens, I know for sure.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote