3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/02/2012

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
rissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 470

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/02/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!



Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
__________________



Restart Date 09/14/14

Last edited by rissimo : 08-02-2012 at 07:26 AM.
rissimo is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Sonyasbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mystic, Connecticut
Posts: 211

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Default

Good morning. Have a fantastic OP day everyone, it's almost Friday!!
__________________
url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]
Before and current pic in my profile.
Sonyasbug is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
drakegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 206

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Default

Good morning IPeeps! Well the good news is my 16's are TOO BIG!!! The bad news is that now I have nothing to wear to work again... but that's okay - I guess it's time to hit Nordstrom Rack and hope to find stuff.
Happy OP Day all!
__________________



Waving goodbye to weight - 1 for each 5 lbs gone
drakegirl is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
Member
 
chremme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 40

S/C/G: 138/120/115

Height: 5'5

Wink Lost...

drakegirl - Big congrats! Shopping for smaller clothes - what a drag And fantastic excuse!

Questions : is anyone here on or done with Phase 3? I'm so lost...

I'm about to make my second breakfast on Phase 3 this morning and was wondering if I could get some feedback on it as I'm still super confused and unsure about how to handle this phase.

BREAKFAST YESTERDAY:
1 slice of bread: 35 cal 0 fat 8 carb 2 protein
1 hard-boiled egg: 78 cal 5.3 fat .5 carb 6.29 protein
Yogurt cup: 45 cal 2 fat 3 carb 5 protein
1 cup of strawberries: 53 cal .5 fat 12.75 carb 1.11 protein
1/2 IP vanilla pudding: 45 cal .5 fat 1 carb 9 protein
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
256 cal 8.3 fat 25.25 carb 21.6 protein

BREAKFAST TODAY:
1 slice of bread: 35 cal 0 fat 8 carb 2 protein
3.25 oz (6 tbsp) egg white: 50 cal 0 fat 0 carb 10 protein
1 oz neufchatel cheese 70 cal 6 fat 1 carb 2 protein
.5 cup of strawberries: 26.5 cal .25 fat 6.375 carb .555 protein
.5 cup of rhubarb 13 cal 0.12 fat 2.77 carb .55 protein
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------grand total: 194.5 cal 6.37 fat 18.145 carb 15.10 protein


I've fallen in love with mixing IP vanilla pudding packets with iced coffee in the morning, so used a half pack yesterday morning (since I noticed my protein levels were low anyway). Is this okay to do again today?

I still have an IP Crispy Cereal packet as well as an Omelet IP packet, can I use these at breakfast to supplement the rest of my meal?

Same goes for dinner... I have a ton of Chicken soup packets left, if I use one to cook with, should I still be getting my 8 oz. of meat protein with that meal?

I apologize for so many questions, just want to make sure I don't screw this up and backtrack!

Thanks, all. Have a great day!
Christine



Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Good morning IPeeps! Well the good news is my 16's are TOO BIG!!! The bad news is that now I have nothing to wear to work again... but that's okay - I guess it's time to hit Nordstrom Rack and hope to find stuff.
Happy OP Day all!
__________________

One for each phase
chremme is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
Started IP 11/28/2011
 
SewingMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dutchtown, LA
Posts: 713

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Good morning IPeeps! Well the good news is my 16's are TOO BIG!!! The bad news is that now I have nothing to wear to work again... but that's okay - I guess it's time to hit Nordstrom Rack and hope to find stuff.
Happy OP Day all!
Gotta love the too big clothes! Congrats. Hope you find some good deals today!
__________________


Maintaining since September 2012!
SewingMomma is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,521

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Hi all. Day 4 here.

So far the structure of the program has been exactly what I was looking for. Smooth sailing. Let's hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Today's plan starts with a spinach/cappuccino shake. I'm gonna try to go in to my center to buy some different packets b/c IMHO I have too many sweets and not enough savories. I don't like the idea of sweet with veggies (unless I'm making pancakes/muffins, but I'm not always home to cook & it's just too doggone hot in St Louis to bake right now).

Congrats on too big clothes and Phase 3!

Have a 100% day everyone! ttyl
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #7
Started IP 11/28/2011
 
SewingMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dutchtown, LA
Posts: 713

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hi all. Day 4 here.

So far the structure of the program has been exactly what I was looking for. Smooth sailing.
Have a 100% day everyone! ttyl
The structure is what's kept me on the program for 8 months. Just follow the rules, and the weight will come off! If I can stick to a program for this long w/o cheating anyone can!
__________________


Maintaining since September 2012!
SewingMomma is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #8
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,692

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Happy Thursday! Hope everyone has a little fun planned in their day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Good morning IPeeps! Well the good news is my 16's are TOO BIG!!! The bad news is that now I have nothing to wear to work again... but that's okay - I guess it's time to hit Nordstrom Rack and hope to find stuff.
Happy OP Day all!
An excuse to shop is NEVER bad news Congrats on the new size!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hi all. Day 4 here.

So far the structure of the program has been exactly what I was looking for. Smooth sailing. Let's hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Today's plan starts with a spinach/cappuccino shake. I'm gonna try to go in to my center to buy some different packets b/c IMHO I have too many sweets and not enough savories. I don't like the idea of sweet with veggies (unless I'm making pancakes/muffins, but I'm not always home to cook & it's just too doggone hot in St Louis to bake right now).

Congrats on too big clothes and Phase 3!

Have a 100% day everyone! ttyl
Good luck! I just finished my first week and I totally agree, the way the program is structured makes it so easy to follow. The (few) people I know who were unsuccessful were really just closed-minded about making new food choices, there are SO many good ideas on these boards to keep things interesting and stay OP!

RE: Savory choices - have you tried the Fine Herb & Cheese omelette yet? It's one of my favorites and easy to doctor with additional seasonings and veggies for a big variety of non-sweet breakfasts!
scorbett1103 is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 12

Height: 6'0"

Default Starting on 4th week....

Well the first 3 weeks on IP...finally got over the hunger for the most part and managed to stick it out the whole way through. Am down 19 lbs so I am pretty darn happy about it Sometimes I feel the urge to cheat, but manage to power through those urges.....it is tough though.
missa1013 is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
Started IP 12 Apr 12
 
shathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 412

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Default

Good morning all, woke up feeling great after the tummy ache yesterday. This week seems to have flown by, and the month also, already August! Well for me here in FL, just waiting for Oct and some cooler weather. Ok IP buddies, I am shooting for 15 more lbs gone by my birthday next month (25 Sep), that will put me in onederland, what a glorious birthday present that will be. Keep the fingers crossed for me!
__________________


REBOOT 12/2013
[
shathom is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
salmongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 354

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chremme View Post
drakegirl - Big congrats! Shopping for smaller clothes - what a drag And fantastic excuse!

Questions : is anyone here on or done with Phase 3? I'm so lost...

I'm about to make my second breakfast on Phase 3 this morning and was wondering if I could get some feedback on it as I'm still super confused and unsure about how to handle this phase.

BREAKFAST YESTERDAY:
1 slice of bread: 35 cal 0 fat 8 carb 2 protein
1 hard-boiled egg: 78 cal 5.3 fat .5 carb 6.29 protein
Yogurt cup: 45 cal 2 fat 3 carb 5 protein
1 cup of strawberries: 53 cal .5 fat 12.75 carb 1.11 protein
1/2 IP vanilla pudding: 45 cal .5 fat 1 carb 9 protein
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
256 cal 8.3 fat 25.25 carb 21.6 protein

BREAKFAST TODAY:
1 slice of bread: 35 cal 0 fat 8 carb 2 protein
3.25 oz (6 tbsp) egg white: 50 cal 0 fat 0 carb 10 protein
1 oz neufchatel cheese 70 cal 6 fat 1 carb 2 protein
.5 cup of strawberries: 26.5 cal .25 fat 6.375 carb .555 protein
.5 cup of rhubarb 13 cal 0.12 fat 2.77 carb .55 protein
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------grand total: 194.5 cal 6.37 fat 18.145 carb 15.10 protein


I've fallen in love with mixing IP vanilla pudding packets with iced coffee in the morning, so used a half pack yesterday morning (since I noticed my protein levels were low anyway). Is this okay to do again today?

I still have an IP Crispy Cereal packet as well as an Omelet IP packet, can I use these at breakfast to supplement the rest of my meal?

Same goes for dinner... I have a ton of Chicken soup packets left, if I use one to cook with, should I still be getting my 8 oz. of meat protein with that meal?

I apologize for so many questions, just want to make sure I don't screw this up and backtrack!

Thanks, all. Have a great day!
Christine
You might try posting on the maintainers thread as most of us on this thread are on phase one.
__________________

1 for every ten pounds gone forever!


Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced everyday; while failure is simply a few errors in judgement repeated everyday. It is the accumulative weight of our disciplines and our judgements that leads us to either fortune or failure.
Author Unknown
salmongirl is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
salmongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 354

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
The structure is what's kept me on the program for 8 months. Just follow the rules, and the weight will come off! If I can stick to a program for this long w/o cheating anyone can!
I know I can stick to it and it really has been easier than I thought!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missa1013 View Post
Well the first 3 weeks on IP...finally got over the hunger for the most part and managed to stick it out the whole way through. Am down 19 lbs so I am pretty darn happy about it Sometimes I feel the urge to cheat, but manage to power through those urges.....it is tough though.
Stick with it it becomes second nature and the rewards are gigantic !
__________________

1 for every ten pounds gone forever!


Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced everyday; while failure is simply a few errors in judgement repeated everyday. It is the accumulative weight of our disciplines and our judgements that leads us to either fortune or failure.
Author Unknown
salmongirl is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
salmongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 354

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, woke up feeling great after the tummy ache yesterday. This week seems to have flown by, and the month also, already August! Well for me here in FL, just waiting for Oct and some cooler weather. Ok IP buddies, I am shooting for 15 more lbs gone by my birthday next month (25 Sep), that will put me in onederland, what a glorious birthday present that will be. Keep the fingers crossed for me!
You got this! I will be sending energy your way!
__________________

1 for every ten pounds gone forever!


Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced everyday; while failure is simply a few errors in judgement repeated everyday. It is the accumulative weight of our disciplines and our judgements that leads us to either fortune or failure.
Author Unknown
salmongirl is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #14
Member
 
julied31's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 82

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Default

Hi, my name is Julie, and I'm an every day weigher...!! I'm on my 9th week, so I've been through fluctuations, but today I was 3 pounds higher than I was on Monday. I don't like it!! Hopefully it will whoosh right off. I was REALLY hungry yesterday, but didn't cheat at all. I know I shouldn't worry about it. Maybe I'll try not to weigh again until Sunday, which is my WI day....I doubt I can do it, though!!

This week has seemed so long....not sure why! So glad tomorrow's Friday!!
__________________


WI #1 -6.2 WI #11 +0.4
WI #2 -4.2 WI #12 -2.2
WI #3 -3.4
WI #4 -4.0
WI #5 - No change
WI #6 -3.2
WI #7 -3.4
WI #8 -2
WI #9 -2
WI #10 -0.2
julied31 is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #15
Start IP (again) 7/31/13
 
jennlnige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 96

S/C/G: 231.2/224.4/131

Height: 5'4"

Default

Happy Thursday to everyone!!!! Just got yesterdays daily thread caught up. There were some great losses!!

Now that one of my children are back in school, it might be a bigger test for me. I don't want to fall back to what I used to do when I got tired, which was stuff my face with whatever I could find. Yesterday when I got tired, that didn't even cross my mind. I just wanted to sleep, didn't feel like eating. When it was time for dinner, had to make myself make it and eat it. So while I'm glad I didn't have the urge to pig out, I'm afraid as the days go on, that urge might sneak back. And I have never been one of those who can just take a nap. Besides having kids to look after, I get really bad headaches when I take a nap.

I think the one thing that helps is knowing how well IP is working for me. I'm still loving that despite only having a 2.6 loss, I had a 4.2 loss of fat, and 1.6 gain of muscle. That muscle gain speaks volumes to me. I mean I can actually gain muscle without exercising, that's Awesome!!

Anyway, I'm rambling!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!
__________________


25 By The First Day of Fall

One for every 5 pounds gone.

WK1-4.4;WK2-2.4

Last edited by jennlnige : 08-02-2012 at 10:20 AM.
jennlnige is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Wednesday 02/08/2012 omgzitsmiranda Ideal Protein Diet 165 02-09-2012 10:33 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2