Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I hope you don't mind, but the Photographer just posted a photo from yesterday and I wanted to share. This is my baby girl all grown up!!!
She's beautiful!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Mooselover, your Daughter is gorgeous, just like you ! I remember when my boy took his senior pics, I was a basket case his whole senior year ! Time flies, he will graduate in Dec from LSU !
Old 07-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Well guys today is my 12 weeks in this,and I made it to the 40 pound mark !!!! I am so excited ! 3.6 at my WI ! Finally ! For the last 3 weeks I was only losing in the ones. Just gotta keep on keeping on !

Old 07-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm not broadcasting it either. My husband knows. I'll tell close friends (we're going to a friend's lake house next weekend), and my Mom is on IP so she knows but she isn't in the same state. Otherwise it's need-to-know basis. After losing 100 lbs on Atkins 9 years ago and gaining almost all of it back, I "get" the embarrassment. I truly want this to be my Last Diet

When people start to notice, they can ask if they're interested. That's my plan.
I completely understand that too - but now 70 lbs. later - I'm shouting the plan to the world
Old 07-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #65  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Gooooooooood Morning From Hardy BC...

Dieter's forecast this morning: Partly cloudy with a chance of "missing sanity".

Now for our top stories: Missing member who goes by the name Sleep-Deprivation has been actively missing for the past four days. Authorities have been called out and a full scale search for sleep is under way..More news to follow..

In other news: Spanx(last name..underwear) is still currently on the run. Dieter's have been un-able to locate him at this moment in time..The search was called off on the account of "severe frustration" but has now resumed...

Thats all for today's headlines..
love this!!! LOVE IT!! can't wait for tomorrows headline news from porthardygurl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
Hi, everyone! I haven't posted in like a week, oops.
I decided, that in the end, my 105 GW was too unrealistic so I've let my family convince me to make it 110, that means I'm only 10 pounds away! It's taking me forever to lose the weight, though. I only lost ONE pound in July I'm now working out harder and taking an extra packet each day. It seems to help the scale move even if it's slow. My mum says it's because I have very little to lose but oh I do hope I can reach goal by at least middle September-October. I need to be on Phase 4 for the holidays and my trip to Disney World.
Also I want to start running again and I don't feel like I can until I'm maintaining.
I do think, though, that it would be better to get to like 106 and then start phase 4 because everyone says you gain some weight when you begin phase 4, and I don't want to be higher than 110, so we'll see, but if it's too hard then I guess I'll just get to 110. Then I'll work on changing my fat to muscle, as much as posible. Right now my body fat is of 25% and it's too high for me. I'm hoping I can eventually get it to a 'lean' category.

Anyway, that was long and I don't blame you if you didn't read it haha. Off to read how you guys have been doing. Hope everyone is doing well and shedding off the pounds! Come on, let's kick August in the butt.
good to see you back posting...was missing your lovely smile!!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
Hi, everyone! I haven't posted in like a week, oops.
I decided, that in the end, my 105 GW was too unrealistic so I've let my family convince me to make it 110, that means I'm only 10 pounds away! It's taking me forever to lose the weight, though. I only lost ONE pound in July I'm now working out harder and taking an extra packet each day. It seems to help the scale move even if it's slow. My mum says it's because I have very little to lose but oh I do hope I can reach goal by at least middle September-October. I need to be on Phase 4 for the holidays and my trip to Disney World.
Also I want to start running again and I don't feel like I can until I'm maintaining.
I do think, though, that it would be better to get to like 106 and then start phase 4 because everyone says you gain some weight when you begin phase 4, and I don't want to be higher than 110, so we'll see, but if it's too hard then I guess I'll just get to 110. Then I'll work on changing my fat to muscle, as much as posible. Right now my body fat is of 25% and it's too high for me. I'm hoping I can eventually get it to a 'lean' category.

Anyway, that was long and I don't blame you if you didn't read it haha. Off to read how you guys have been doing. Hope everyone is doing well and shedding off the pounds! Come on, let's kick August in the butt.
I am also an avid exerciser. I found that as I neared my goal weight that adding fat helped reduce my body fat. I am currently about 16%. I am quite muscular.

Consider forgoing fish for steak, or adding a little more oil to salad, etc.

If you do other exercising I don't really see running would be an issue? I'm not a big runner, but I did everything throughout phase 1...
Old 07-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #67  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDay615 View Post
Good afternoon! I hope you are all doing well. My online coach told me that if I were to have anything not listed on my IP sheet that it must have 0 carbs/0 sugars/ 0 fat. How strict is that? I would love to have some pepperoncini peppers but it reads 0 sugar/0 fat/ 2g carbs. Will that 2g carb be okay or should I avoid it? Thanks for any advice.
Out of the 2g carb, 1g is dietary fiber - I know that IP doesn't necessarily look at 'net carbs' - but I would probably consider it. I've actually used them a few times to accent my sauerkraut, they have a very similar nutritional value to dill pickles.

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...#ixzz22E6vGAKz

Serving Size: 3
Amount per Serving
Calories 10 Calories from Fat 0.0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 600mg 25%
Total Carbohydrate 2g 0%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 0g
Protein 0g 0%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat%
Carbs100%
Protein%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #68  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
love this!!! LOVE IT!! can't wait for tomorrows headline news from porthardygurl!!!

good to see you back posting...was missing your lovely smile!!
Aw hii rainbow! missed you too! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I am also an avid exerciser. I found that as I neared my goal weight that adding fat helped reduce my body fat. I am currently about 16%. I am quite muscular.

Consider forgoing fish for steak, or adding a little more oil to salad, etc.

If you do other exercising I don't really see running would be an issue? I'm not a big runner, but I did everything throughout phase 1...

Wow, 16% is amazing! I can only hope to get there someday.
Thanks for the tips, will be trying to add more fat.
Oh and well I am running a bit right now, but not much, like 10 minutes tops, the rest is elliptical, walking, etc, I just still don't feel like I have the energy to run as much as I want to :/ So I'm waiting till phase 4 when I get to eat more.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #69  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Still on vacation in Oregon. Love the fresh seafood.

I took Rainbow's advice for vacations and made a detailed plan for every day...like a journal in advance. A prequel journal! I have been following it religiously, just following the plan for packets, meals, etc. and it works great!

NSV:
My sister brought her family to the beach house we have, four kids and a hubby, and we had fun. She did lunch and I did dinner. She had wraps with rice, meats, cheese, sauces...and pumpkin pie. So I had my lunch a hour before they came, and drank my water while we all ate and talked.

Dinner was easy. DH made. BarBQ chicken, I made oven fried potatoes and a big huge green salad. I had my chicken on my salad (sans sauce) and just enjoyed the day.

My poor sister was a little confused that I could not have pie. She has one child with gluten and sugar allergies, so she made one pie special for him, and thought I could have some of it.

My DH is so great. He told them I have to watch my girlish figure!

My weight loss is very private, and I have not really told people about it or the IP program. I think it is because I normally go up and down so much on other programs like Weight Watchers. It gets embarrassing when you have done that for 25 years.

Anyway...four more days of vacation. Then back to normal! I will miss the ocean...nothing like this in Montana!
ooooo love that you are having fun in oregon....oh how i miss the oregon coast!!!! glad that you are enjoying be prequel journal planned !! hahaha i found it most beneficial especially when we went out to eat with other family members and friends and i never even had to LOOK at a menu, but could just hand the waitress my order on my little slip of paper!! i was so discrete and just leaned closer to the waitress so that no one even noticed i was ordering something different!!

i know what you mean about 25 years of trying to lose weight and not wanting to tell anyone....i had only told my dh and my mom, an my mom had the worst attitude....and said, oh lord, what are you doing this time?? and it was like she was trying to make me feel defeated before i even started...and then oh good grief the stress she gave me over me not being able to eat carrots!! but then she is tiny, petite, 5'2 and a sz 6-8 and has never had to deal with being 5'7 and amazon woman....oh well, i am glad i have 3fc!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 07-31-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm not broadcasting it either. My husband knows. I'll tell close friends (we're going to a friend's lake house next weekend), and my Mom is on IP so she knows but she isn't in the same state. Otherwise it's need-to-know basis. After losing 100 lbs on Atkins 9 years ago and gaining almost all of it back, I "get" the embarrassment. I truly want this to be my Last Diet

When people start to notice, they can ask if they're interested. That's my plan.
Yes. Me too.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I get the embarrasment part also. I feel like I have done just about every diet...some for just a couple days and some for several months.

This time I'm determined not to cheat. My birthday is in January, and if I stay OP until then. I will have lost all the weight and can have a piece of cake then.

For now...every day I tell myself that I will be 100% OP today.
Ragdoll, awesome! January is really not that far off! I love this plan, and want to stay committed to it. I think limiting my carbs for the rest of my life is really the key for me. I really didn't know that before.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Hi, all! I have been lurking here for a few weeks - even before I started the program, and have found lots of helpful advice! Thank you all!!!

I had my 2 week weigh in yesterday afternoon and I am now down a total of 12 pounds. I'm so excited! I know I won't continue to lose that fast, but I am going to enjoy it for now...

I have tried the spinach in the shake thing, and even with 1 cup of spinach, I can still taste it. Any other tricks I can try??

By this point, I am just not hungry and I don't want to force feed myself vegetables!
Wow 12 pounds is awesome!
Hey, just be sure to get all your food in. You might try some stevia in that spinach shake, or try really strong tastes such as dark chocolate pudding to mask the spinach
Old 07-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
my mom had the worst attitude....and said, oh lord, what are you doing this time?? and it was like she was trying to make me feel defeated before i even started...and then oh good grief the stress she gave me over me not being able to eat carrots!! but then she is tiny, petite, 5'2 and a sz 6-8 and has never had to deal with being 5'7 and amazon woman....oh well, i am glad i have 3fc!!!!
Last time I lost weight, my mom told me "I liked you better when you were chubby." This time she told me I don't need to lose 25 pounds. I asked her how much she weighs, and she said 122 pounds. I said that's how much I want to weigh. She's a little bit taller than me too. She said we have different bodytypes. Um yeah, mine is padded. Last weekend she told me I'm more fun when I'm drinking. Whatever.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDay615 View Post
Good afternoon! I hope you are all doing well. My online coach told me that if I were to have anything not listed on my IP sheet that it must have 0 carbs/0 sugars/ 0 fat. How strict is that? I would love to have some pepperoncini peppers but it reads 0 sugar/0 fat/ 2g carbs. Will that 2g carb be okay or should I avoid it? Thanks for any advice.
I would say no go. It is pretty strict so you don't go out of ketosis. Stay 100% OP. you will be happy you did.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Last time I lost weight, my mom told me "I liked you better when you were chubby." This time she told me I don't need to lose 25 pounds. I asked her how much she weighs, and she said 122 pounds. I said that's how much I want to weigh. She's a little bit taller than me too. She said we have different bodytypes. Um yeah, mine is padded. Last weekend she told me I'm more fun when I'm drinking. Whatever.
Yikes! That is a harsh one from mom! I dont tell my mom much for the same reasons. I just do what I have to do for me.
Closed Thread