Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #76  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Tigerlvr52 - dropping 2 sizes is AWESOME! That's such a great NSV! And 45lb in 8 weeks - that is a true rock star showing. I've found that traveling on Phase 2 was pretty easy, I had to do it during Week 3, I'm sure it made the traveling out for the funeral and being with family much easier to deal with. That's good about the Cinnamon supplements and your blood sugar - I add cinnamon every chance I get to my sweet recipes. And one of the best NSVs is serving as the thinspiration to get others on IP after seeing your success and results!
Thanks
It was fun, my mom and her friend came over to my house and I had all sorts of stuff including the coffee spinach chocolate energy wonder that we both drink in the AM. They both loved it.

Last edited by Tigerlvr52; 07-30-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #77  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon from Hardy, BC

Dieter's forecast: Sunny and warm with a chance of "MY SPANX RAN AWAY"

Yes thats right you heard it...I had a great pair of spanx that i used under my wedding dress last March and then i put them in the closet on wedding night since i wasnt going to need them once the dress came off and THEY RAN AWAY! They took up legs and ran...I looked into the deep,dark abyss of my closet and NOTHING!! NOTHING!!! NOTHING!!!!!!!!(echo) Needless to say i am unhappy about having paid so much for my wonderful spanx only to have them dissapear on me when i am in my time of need coming up for I have another wedding in which i will need some "slimming" down of the lumps and bumps...Tut Tut..

In other news: Ive been complaining that after almost losing a full 22 pounds, i cant see my sizes changing...Boy was i wrong!! So i have 3 pairs of jeans in my closet...A size 24, A size 20 and a size 18...So yesterday...i randomly picked up my size 18's and they were too tight...So i randomly picked up another pair of jeans...and they were falling off of me literally...(huh! interesting) Then i tried on the last pair of jeans and noticed they fit great...they used to be tight but now they are just plain ol comfy as can be....So i think to myself " The 18's are still too tight..bummer" but what were the other pair i tried on that fell off of me??? OMG THE 24s....I didnt realize it until my brain kicked in....Since starting IP, ive gone from a size 24 down to a size 20...and somewhere i managed to completly bypass size 22 without even noticing.... DER!!! No wonder my 24s are falling off....

So NSV....that makes for 2 sizes lost on IP. ( Im thrilled)

PS: Anyone know what size in jeans is considered a 3x? a 2x?
Old 07-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #78  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post

Yes thats right you heard it...I had a great pair of spanx that i used under my wedding dress last March and then i put them in the closet on wedding night since i wasnt going to need them once the dress came off and THEY RAN AWAY! They took up legs and ran...I looked into the deep,dark abyss of my closet and NOTHING!! NOTHING!!! NOTHING!!!!!!!!(echo) Needless to say i am unhappy about having paid so much for my wonderful spanx only to have them dissapear on me when i am in my time of need coming up for I have another wedding in which i will need some "slimming" down of the lumps and bumps...Tut Tut..

In other news: Ive been complaining that after almost losing a full 22 pounds, i cant see my sizes changing...Boy was i wrong!! So i have 3 pairs of jeans in my closet...A size 24, A size 20 and a size 18...So yesterday...i randomly picked up my size 18's and they were too tight...So i randomly picked up another pair of jeans...and they were falling off of me literally...(huh! interesting) Then i tried on the last pair of jeans and noticed they fit great...they used to be tight but now they are just plain ol comfy as can be....So i think to myself " The 18's are still too tight..bummer" but what were the other pair i tried on that fell off of me??? OMG THE 24s....I didnt realize it until my brain kicked in....Since starting IP, ive gone from a size 24 down to a size 20...and somewhere i managed to completly bypass size 22 without even noticing.... DER!!! No wonder my 24s are falling off....

Congrats on the NSV!! 2 sizes is WONDERFUL!!!!

P.S. My sister lives in Hardy! I was there visiting not that long ago! Such a beautiful little town!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #79  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
Well as some of you may know I have really been struggling lately. Maybe you don't know - I tend to avoid posting when I am doing badly. I am sticking with IP but NEED to get back to 100% - no bites of the kids' icecream - not "just two" goldfish even though they are my favorite. I am making life SO difficult.

Anyway ... today I came up with a plan - I have tons of size 10 clothes that are just a little bit too small for me. Not too small like I look like I am going to burst out of them but a tight enough not to be super comfortable like the 12s are. SO my plan is I am wearing the 10s. I will make myself uncomfortable again because that will motivate me. I think I have gone down so much and gotten so many compliments that I have slacked. NO MORE!! I am proud of what I have done so far no doubt BUT I have a lot more to go and if it takes being sort of uncomfortable to get there then so be it.

You should be estatic for what you have accomplished so far! And get in here and post when you are being bad - so we can help you overcome the "moment". I got your back, as I have been struggling to overcome the temps myself. DH is the worst, not all his fault - he hasn't learned what I can and can't have yet! Bless him anyway he means well. It's up to me anyway - I have to learn to resist! Anyway, stick with the 10's and get back on plan with us!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #80  
Lucky Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
Good morning everyone! Haven't been on here for a better part of a week.....too much going on. I've missed reading about everyone's journey with IP and hoping to get back to daily reading! Have a great day!
WOW - you look terrific! keep up the great work!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post

I love reading your forecasts!! CONGRATULATIONS on the size dropping! that's fan-flipping-tastic!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #82  
Lucky Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
I, too, love the Olympics. I love the diving, volleyball (beach and indoor) the gymnastics and the swimming. I also love to hear the stories about the competitors and what they have gone through to get there. It really is amazing what people sacrifice for their dreams. Not altogether different from our IP journey is it? We are all sacrificing something to become more healthy. Good luck to everyone this week.
You are so right... Thanks for the analogy and have a great week too!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
yayayay! Today was my 2 week WI, I lost 5.2lbs for a total of 14lbs in 2 weeks! I went to a bridal shower yesterday..was very nervous about my food choices. I didn't really want to explain to the people around me what I am doing. Fortunately it was a brunch buffet, so I had salad with WF dressing that I discreetly added, and I had a 2 egg omelet with mushrooms, peppers and spinach, black coffee and water. I didn't even blink at the dessert table, not even interested in the least. I cannot believe it that ME, I passed up any dessert. Not only that, I had absolutely no taste, desire or need to have it !! Wahoooooo!!!!!!!!!
double yayayay!! Great willpower! I've noticed the same thing - i get to the point where I just look at dessert and think ' nah, not worth it!'. I've cheated a few times, but it's never been about dessert. More likely when I'm tired, traveling, and just too hungry to think..and I grab a piece of bread. Great job on the WI!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Rainbow - wanted to post these pics of my IP travel pack, inspired by you! Worked great on the weekend and can't wait to use it again next week!!

Thanks again for your earlier post!!
looks like I'll be shopping soon! i LOVE this!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Hello everyone!

I had my second WI today and was super surprised to see a -1.8! I have had a horrible week full of tooth pain and trips to the dentist. I barley ate 2 IP packs a day and drank half the amount of water... It was excruciating to do anything more! I thought for sure I would gain (maybe because I've put my body in 'starvation' mode) BUT I'm super happy!!

Now that I'm feeling better I think next week will be even better!!

I'm excited to try the chipotle crisp thingys!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
So hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend. I was down in the US doing some much needed shopping, then we spent the rest of the weekend in Niagara Falls with my DH and his daughter, celebrating her birthday. Great weekend all around!
so so happy for you! I love Coach. I usually wait til I can get to an outlet but maybe when i hit the 30 pound mark, I'll reward myself! Such a great idea! You are so close to the 100 pound mark! Can't wait to hear you celebrate that too. Maybe a matching wallet for that purse??
Old 07-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Three strange off protocol things for a first visit; the restricteds are 1 each day from day one on the correct sheet, exercising is not recommended at first, then only light exercise later on; and she really should have got you started with the very important vitamins.
Most places have a starter kit that you get on your expensive first visit but it incudes the supplements to last for a while. That part would be very confusing to figure out on your own when first starting.
Did she give you advice about where to get the vitamins if you didn't get them from her.
She is advising exercise while removing very necessary elements of the protocol.
I didn't receive a starter kit, which i found strange, because when I called around to different centers, the others said that's one of the things I was paying for. I shall ask her about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hi!

Today is my first day, too. My coach did the opposite: suggested giving any exercise (other than light walking)e a "rest" for a month and said to have 1 restricted item/day. I chose to have mine for lunch today but I'll probably change that up as time goes on. She also said 3 supplements ( the ones in the journal) are mandatory.

Like you, I read this forum for weeks, researching and learning so everything wouldn't be so new. My "full" intro is in the into thread
Awesome! welcome
Yeah my coach seemed a little "off" but I shall read on this forum and try my best to figure it out.

Thanks guys!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 234.5/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
Hi, I'm from Colorado and I'm just finishing week 2 also and have my second WI tomorrow. Where in Colorado do you live? I'm in the southeast suburbs of Denver.
I'm in Grand Junction now but used to live in Lakewood. Moved to the Western Slope 7 years ago. Hubby will never go back to the Front Range!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!

Today is Day 5 for me and I think I'm down about 8 lbs, very happy. Tried the white cheddar ridges and LOVED them.

Quick question, I know we're not supposed to saute onions or let them caramelize, but wonder if lightly grilling would be acceptable? I want to make some kebabs on the grill and like how the edges of the onions get burnt.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 234.5/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Had Wk 2 WI today and down 7 more pounds for a total of 15 pounds and 15 inches. I feel amazing! Also went shopping yesterday to "see" where I was in clothes and I no longer have to shop in plus size! I tried on several items in a regular 16 or XL and although they didn't all look great on me, they did all fit! I am super excited as that was one of my goals.
Closed Thread