Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Weekend 7/28-29/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by Chloe222; 07-28-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #2  

Default Good morning and wishing all a fabulous OP weekend!

Hello all,
Can you believe it's 10:30am and this is opening post for the weekend? Hope it's because all of you are out and about enjoying yourselves.

I weighed in this morning, down another whole pound. Very glad about that. Interestingly (at least to me ) is that in the past 2 weeks, I'm down 2 pounds even and the contour of my upper arms is starting to show. It seems that with this last pound and in the past 2-3 days, I really started to notice it.

So those little bits of weight we lose really matter, its not just "1 pound" but a pound that's gone and its loss means prettier shape, here and there. Sometimes it takes a long time for this shape to become visible or at least it seems a long time when you're in the process. But when you look back, was it really all that long?

I spent the first 2 months wearing tight size 14 jeans, despite losing 20 pounds, which is almost half the weight I want to lose. Now wearing snug size 6 (my Tommy Hilfiger size 8 shorts are pretty baggy).

So hang in there and be HAPPY over every single ounce, every tenth of a pound, every pound lost!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Thank you Chloe for starting the thread, I have no idea how to start it, so I have waited patiently LOL

New day today with lots of temptations I am sure. Daughters 9th birthday slumber party.......pizza, cakes, chips and candy. I am working until 4:30, husband is home to receive the kiddies at 3pm. Games, tie dye shirts, nail painting and feather hair extensions to be applied hopefully before 11pm, as I am whooped being up baking my favourite cake last night until 1am and I have to work 12-8 tomorrow, after the kidlets leave.

Hope I don't have such a hard time as yesterday......TOM really got to me and also the cupcakes and cake I was around last night. Lots of extra protein unfortunately, hopefully I don't put on some of the 3 lbs i lost this past week.

Have a great day everyone......stay OP
Old 07-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hello all,
Can you believe it's 10:30am and this is opening post for the weekend? Hope it's because all of you are out and about enjoying yourselves.

I weighed in this morning, down another whole pound. Very glad about that. Interestingly (at least to me ) is that in the past 2 weeks, I'm down 2 pounds even and the contour of my upper arms is starting to show. It seems that with this last pound and in the past 2-3 days, I really started to notice it.

So those little bits of weight we lose really matter, its not just "1 pound" but a pound that's gone and its loss means prettier shape, here and there. Sometimes it takes a long time for this shape to become visible or at least it seems a long time when you're in the process. But when you look back, was it really all that long?

I spent the first 2 months wearing tight size 14 jeans, despite losing 20 pounds, which is almost half the weight I want to lose. Now wearing snug size 6 (my Tommy Hilfiger size 8 shorts are pretty baggy).

So hang in there and be HAPPY over every single ounce, every tenth of a pound, every pound lost!
So true Chloe and congrats on the loss.

Seems so weird we are the only two on here so far lol..........Good morning and have a lovely day!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #5  

Stay strong! I just caught up on last night's posts and saw you were baking your favorite cake and quickly put water in the bowl so you didn't lick any. FABULOUS!! It's all those disciplined moves that create increasing discipline that will not only serve you well on this diet, but also later in life as the good behaviors we develop in one area of life, spill over to other areas, and the life benefits multiply. These are all teachable moments for your kids (and DHs if need be ).

Stay OP and know you are making your daughter's birthday very special and these are the memories she will carry with her forever.

Last edited by Chloe222; 07-28-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #6  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

It is kind of lonely here, this morning, isn't it? Kelly, congrats on that NSV.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #7  

Thank you Chloe, it was a rough night, which I was kinda disappointed only becuase I thought my 3 lb loss would have kept me motivated and made it easier to breeze thru.........but then the TOM hit.........I am assuming that was a huge contributor........well and the cake baking loL

it is true what you said....these little things I need to remember to keep this off in maintenance. I can't go back to the way I was!!!

Meagan it is lonely....but now there are 3 Good morning!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #8  

Default How to start a thread

Hi Kelly and everyone else who wants to know how to start a thread:
1. Go to the IP Forum home page which lists all the threads. Look under "User CP" (which is what you click on to manage your ticker, signature, etc.).
2. Note right under it is a box which says "New Thread". Click on it and a new thread box shows up.
3. You must put in a title. HOWEVER, if you make a typo in the title, you can only correct it BEFORE you hit "submit". If you need to make a correction, contact a "moderator" to fix it.
4. Copy and paste the intro message for the "Daily Chat" into the box.
Hit submit, done!
5. BUT you also need to close the thread the next day - so you go to that open thread, look for "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread. Click on it, see a drop down and at the bottom is an option to "close". Be sure to close it.

This morning I fixed a typo in Dr. Tien's name - Chanh is his first name, not last name, and I and others didn't realize that - double checked it against his new website which is pretty nice. Check it out if you haven't by just clicking on that link in the intro post.

Also, re starting new threads, if you have a question or comment, you will probably find that more people will respond to you faster in the Daily Chat versus a separate thread as more people read the Daily Chat thread than any other.

Last edited by Chloe222; 07-28-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #9  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

I was like Kelly, waiting patiently since I didn't know how to start the thread either. Chloe, you need to tell some of us old timers.

Chloe, Congrats on the lost and the sculpting of your body. I am at a point I can actually feel muscle definition. It isn't totally hidden by globs of fat.

I too had my WI. Was scared to do it, but went ahead and I lost 3.6 pounds. Woopee. even with all the foot and fluid problems. I really thought I ate too much. Hmmm. Maybe I'm not eating enough normally???

Since DH retired on Thursday, there has been a bit more cookie baking here. That works for me.

We hoped to go to a car show and take one of the cars we want to sell, but DH tried the windshield wipers since we've been having a lot of those intense pop-up southern storms. High speed was slower than most intermittent, so he decided not to. I really wasn't looking forward to a day in 100 degree heat, but then it would have gotten me out of the house. I suggested we go to our cottage in Michigan since I'm off work and don't have another doctor's appointment until Aug 9, but he's all focused on working on cars right now. I need to work on him some more, I guess.

Anyway, thanks to all of you that wished me well yesterday after my pity party. Foot still hurts, but losing that much weight picked up my spirits.

Oh, BTW, I was voted in as Secretary/Treasurer of a national Corvair club at the national convention on Thursday. Unfortunately, the convention was in Massachusetts, so I could not be there.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.

Molly
Old 07-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #10  

Meagan,
It is quiet and so, a great time to get into the stickies, the recipe archives, search on any little aspect of weight loss. This website is a treasure trove and days like today make it easier to to do some fun research.

Enjoy the time, have a cup of tea/glass of water, give yourself a facial, self pamper!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

I was wondering the same thing...came looking for peeps early and didn't see the thread!
I am UP 2 pounds from Thursday. Crazy scale. Not going to worry about it since I've worked out twice since then and sometimes it takes time to rebalance.

We are busy today too. Birthday party with my son later where I will need to avoid cake and adult beverages. Moms are invited to stay and since we are all friends it's a fun time. Hope the rain doesn't come ..it's a pool party.
Have a great weekend. I am hoping to watch the Olympics for some part of it!

Renee
Old 07-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

I lost 3.6 pounds. Woopee. even with all the foot and fluid problems. I really thought I ate too much. Hmmm. Maybe I'm not eating enough normally???

Since DH retired on Thursday, there has been a bit more cookie baking here. That works for me.

Oh, BTW, I was voted in as Secretary/Treasurer of a national Corvair club at the national convention on Thursday. Unfortunately, the convention was in Massachusetts, so I could not be there.
Hey Molly,
Congrats on the weight loss!! It is pretty interesting how when we sometimes take it extra easy...you have had your foot up, not even walking much....hmmm, but then, you have been baking...perhaps burned up extra calories/fat in the last day or two?

Great re being voted in as Secretary/Treasurer of National Corvair Club. That sounds like it will fun!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #13  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi Kelly and everyone else who wants to know how to start a thread:
1. Go to the IP Forum home page which lists all the threads. Look under "User CP" (which is what you click on to manage your ticker, signature, etc.).
2. Note right under it is a box which says "New Thread". Click on it and a new thread box shows up.
3. You must put in a title. HOWEVER, if you make a typo in the title, you can only correct it BEFORE you hit "submit". If you need to make a correction, contact a "moderator" to fix it.
4. Copy and paste the intro message for the "Daily Chat" into the box.
Hit submit, done!
5. BUT you also need to close the thread the next day - so you go to that open thread, look for "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread. Click on it, see a drop down and at the bottom is an option to "close". Be sure to close it.

This morning I fixed a typo in Dr. Tien's name - Chanh is his first name, not last name, and I and others didn't realize that - double checked it against his new website which is pretty nice. Check it out if you haven't by just clicking on that link in the intro post.

Also, re starting new threads, if you have a question or comment, you will probably find that more people will respond to you faster in the Daily Chat versus a separate thread as more people read the Daily Chat thread than any other.
Thanks for the info, I've saved it off in my Ideal Protein file on my PC.

Molly
Old 07-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #14  

Molly,
Forgot to add, tell DH that you know, for certain, that there would be more cookie baking in Michigan than Georgia, if only you and he could get to Michigan.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning IPeeps! Had my WI today and down 2.8 - broke into the 180's finally and made it past 70 lbs lost! Since my 10 yr. old is 69 lbs - it's like I lost his whole body!

My loss has slowed down though and I still have a bunch to go - I'm going to Hawaii December 17th - I want to be phased off by then - for those of you who have phased off and then came back - (in case I don't make my goal by then) has it been harder to get back OP? How long does Phase 2 and Phase 3 last? Could I go on Phase 3 and still enjoy myself? Thanks for any help!
Closed Thread