Old 07-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #1  
On IP Since 5/25/12

S/C/G: 174/156/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Emotional eating

Ugh! I am so frustrated and disappointed with myself.

So stressful at work. I mean, I've got hives from the stress. I ate three restricted snacks this morning. So, the emotional eating part gets calmed and satisfied, but I'm so upset I probably have to re-start ketosis over the next few days.

Any 100percenters have any suggestions on how to overcome these obstacles? I am so bummed.
shesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Being a person who has cheated many times on this diet in the past and now has managed to come back and stay OP 100% for almost 6 weeks now..I hear your pain. I used to be a very emotional/stress eater. In fact, i suffered from B.E.D.(Binge eating disorder) when i started trying out this diet protocol...So how do you overcome it?? Well... i learned that i actually needed help..So i sought out an OA group(Over-eaters anoyn) online and began to talk about my feelings as they were happening. That helped tremendously...I also learned that chewing gum and drinking lots of water during those "stress" moments, seemed to keep my mouth busy...and if i was really emotional and stressed.. i learned that i needed to keep my hands busy..So i bought a rubiks cube and twiddled with it when i needed to deal with the stress....

It is really difficult to stay on a diet, if you havent dealt with your emotional eating issues.. Its going to continue to plague you until you discover when your eating and why your eating. It may help to keep a journal to write down your thoughts when its happening...I find that if i can talk about it or write out what im feeling...then the desire to over-eat/emotional eat..lessens.

I hope this helps..And please..dont get discouraged..You can do this..If I (the cheater who cheated many times in the past-didnt quit trying to do it right) Then i know you can do this !!! Keep your head held high and stay strong!!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote